The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Movement] Schroeder assigned to CHI

Strombone1

Schroeder wasn't exactly lighting it up boys and girls. He earned being demoted. An awful lot of you seem to forget that he was given a chance to grab the bull by the horns. He just didn't make it hard enough to move him to the fourth line.

He needs this move back, he isn't noticeable right now and for a small forward that is bad.

Ebbett is playing some good hockey right now and the nucks don't have enough options at centre to be picky. It is what it is.

Schroeder wasn't exactly lighting it up boys and girls. He earned being demoted. An awful lot of you seem to forget that he was given a chance to grab the bull by the horns. He just didn't make it hard enough to move him to the fourth line.

He needs this move back, he isn't noticeable right now and for a small forward that is bad.

Ebbett is playing some good hockey right now and the nucks don't have enough options at centre to be picky. It is what it is.

Is that the kool aide that Gillis wants us to drink?

If they want to give him more playing time, why didn't they try it on the big club?

Now Ebbett's just gonna be handed that opportunity without earning it?

I don't buy it. They just don't see him fitting on this team, that's all. "we want him to get his confidence back" means he's not good enough for this team.

Oh so I guess Booth will be playing on the fourth line next game?

Oh wait, veterans get a free pass.

Schroeder was playing good when he was put with decent linemates. He needed to be given time there to adjust though. But the coach drops him to the fourth line after a couple bad games.

And using him on the point on the powerplay is just dumb. He needs to be on the half wall setting up plays like he has his whole career.

Don't expect Ebbett to bring a whole lot more.

Maybe Schroeder's just not all that great? Since that two-goal Cgy game he's done nothing. Why? Because he's not top-6 NHL ready at this point.

We didn't draft Patrick Kane. We didn't draft Martin St. Louis. We didn't even draft Andrew Shaw.

Honestly, I don't think Schroeder is ready to fit with what the coaching staff wants him to do. He has played okay but nothing lights out imo.

I don't hate this move if it is evaluated in terms of Schroeder individually.But if Ebbett is our best option then Gillis needs to start working the phones. We have exactly ONE prospect center even close to being ready for the NHL? That sucks.

My question is what changes are coming to the PP without Schroeder? That to me is a big determinant in whether this move makes sense or not.

If Schroeder is the fall guy for the PP and bigger changes are not coming there, it only reinforces the notion that this coaching staff has lost touch with reality.

I've always maintained that AV can't motivate when it matters the most.

Schroeder, Ebbett or whoever else, makes little difference in my opinion.

We are not playing with confidence and as things tighten up as we approach the playoffs I see the writing on the wall....

At this point I'm ready to throw in the towel and go for a top 14 draft pick cus no way in hell do I see this team making it past the 1st round.

Gillis when he took over told us that the then Canucks under Nonis was in no way a team that could challenge for the SC.

For this team to make it we will need a few galaxies to line up IMO.

We are far too predictable; coaches can shut us down far too easily.....

I don't know why this is such a big deal to some... the guy was simply not producing... not just points but chances. He's been on the 1st PP unit with the Sedins for how long (if not this whole 0/22 stretch).

Let him go back and get his confidence back. Maybe Ebbett kicks starts a line.

I think it was a good move to give Schroeder some time in the AHL, as he hasn't had much icetime lately and played a grinding role on the fourth. Not exactly where he can do the most damage.

Then again, I think we have already turned the card Andrew Ebbett and seen the endgame he's got. I think it's a mistake that we keep plugging holes with something that's been leaking already... Ebbett is not the answer to our current scoring drought, not Schroeder either.

As it stands, most of our guys are underperforming, everyone can see that. But I think 4M+ invested in David Booth is one contract that needs to live up to expectations. Even if he's been injured and just got back, 0+2 in 7 games don't cut it. Even with the good scoring chances... He needs to put the puck in the net. Plain and simple as that.

Archived