The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Movement] Schroeder assigned to CHI

Strombone1

If you watch the Wild's 4th goal, it was clear Schroeder couldn't handle the size of Coyle down low. Schroeder is an undersized centre and that's why he got sent down. The way the Canucks' team is built, the fourth line centre needs to have size......

.....which was obviously addressed by recalling the imposing Andrew Ebbett :rolleyes::rolleyes:

He isn't the best option for the second line but he was our best option. It's mind boggling that he was being played on the 4th line when he has more skill then most of the players bottom 9 players. He was playing good and making his line mates better when he was on the second, moving him to the 4th was setting him up to fail.

One thing I noticed last game is no line excluding the 1st can pass and they over pass. This team truly is starting to look like a bunch of plugs out there, welcome Ebbett!!!

I don't see Jensen being called up either. We have too many similar-type wingers as it is.

We've lacked depth up the middle from day one.

The only way Schroeder can play more minutes with the Canucks is if Kesler is around to take all those tough draws. But then we're still wearing out Kesler. Great teams have ALL their centers able to take those tough faceoffs.

Damn i miss Handy Manny.

I re-read it and it's still stupid inside or outside the box. Schroeder got time in the top 6 and was ok at best. He's not ready for that role yet which is fine. Pumping him with minutes in a league he's not ready for isn't going to do much for him and even less for the team. That's not a dig on Schroeder at all it's simply how things were. He hasn't generated much of anything on his own in his time up with the Canucks.

I'm not asking you to think outside the box I'm just asking you to think.

I don't know why this is such a big deal to some... the guy was simply not producing... not just points but chances. He's been on the 1st PP unit with the Sedins for how long (if not this whole 0/22 stretch).

Let him go back and get his confidence back. Maybe Ebbett kicks starts a line.

I have an idea.

How about put Schroeder with Hansen and Raymond as it was before Kesler came back and the team was actually playing GREAT. And give him more minutes WITH the big club. What have we got to lose?

In my opinion, an absolutely moronic decision. This team is getting less exciting by the day.

At the expense of the team? Ebbett can create more on the ice than Schroeder can.

If it was this time last year we wouldn't even be talking about this because everyone loved Ebbett.

I'm sorry but both Schroeder and more importantly the Canucks are better with him in the minors. Ebbett is mostly a lateral move at this point but somethin needed to happen.

At the expense of the team? Ebbett can create more on the ice than Schroeder can on the 4th line.

If it was this time last year we wouldn't even be talking about this because everyone loved Ebbett.

I'm sorry but both Schroeder and more importantly the Canucks are better with him in the minors. Ebbett is mostly a lateral move at this point but somethin needed to happen.

How is it at the expense of the team? We were hardly losing because of Schroeder. Especially since he was on the fourth line.

Ebbett is a second line center as much as Schroeder is a fourth line center. I like him as a depth guy to fill in one or two games, but long term is not gonna work.

If management thinks that Ebbett is the move that's going to spark the team, then they've got some serious issues.

Good move. Now that Schroeder has tasted NHL games we now knows what needs to be done to be successful and he will refine his game playing top minutes in Chicago.

I suspect once pinnizotto is up to speed he will be recalled and ebbett will be sent back down

Archived