Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

[Movement] Schroeder assigned to CHI

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
267 replies to this topic

#241 allkill326

allkill326

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:03 PM

Schroeder was lucky to get 23 games in,secure his bonus and get a good look.

If he was an elite level prospect he would have risen to the top.He did not,except in a handful of games.

Bringing in Ebbett means we have a PK center that Schroeder is not able to accomplish at this time.

Also,when a team is floundering ,the veterans are brought in for stability.

There is also the 1/2 million in cap space that is provided in this move.

Schroeder will likely be back for the playoffs.All the fan boys are hyperventilating-again.

Maybe this is a good time to bring up all the predictions the fan boys made about Jordan sticking on the second line ,etc..

We have no choice but to alternate ice time between Ebbett and Schroeder. Schroeder will get a great deal of ice time, improving his skills vastly. We'll see next season how much of a superstar he becomes.
Posted Image

#242 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,149 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:13 PM

We will just see those player gain bigger roles, we will see the secondary pieces go (Raymond, Higgins, exc.) in favor of Jensen, Schroeder, Kassian, and Gaunce (if a few more seasons)

Higgins is second in team goal scoring.Raymond is tied for third.Right now these two are hardly secondary scoring with Burrows having less goals than both Mayray and Higgy and Henrik not having more than MayRay and less than Higgy.

This team builds as it goes,the gate is always full and although not a SCF contender,can make it into the playoffs year after year.In three years that changes with the Sedins getting ready to call it a day.No Canucks propspect is anywhere near as talented as the Sedins.

At that point in time this team has large issues that will not be solved by any Canucks prospects.

#243 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,149 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:14 PM

We have no choice but to alternate ice time between Ebbett and Schroeder. Schroeder will get a great deal of ice time, improving his skills vastly. We'll see next season how much of a superstar he becomes.

" Superstar" and Jordan Schroeder are not likely to ever meet at the NHL level.

#244 WZRD

WZRD

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,693 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:08 PM

Lol at AV's bs excuse to send JS down after watching Sportsnet. How exactly did Jordan hit a wall? The dumba*s coach put him on the fourth line to play with Weise and Volpatti and then Weise and Sestito. Then the dumba*s coach puts Schroeder on the point on the PP when we all know that he's the playmaker on that unit just like Hodgson was last year.

Schroeder doesn't shoot enough to get lots of goals but he'd have a lot more assists if his linemates could actually score. I can't wait until AV is fired. Unfortunately that would probably only happen if the Canucks miss/don't make the playoffs this year.

#245 Kevin Biestra

Kevin Biestra

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,869 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:24 PM

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

Biestra speaks. Biestra educates.

Let Canucks management know you want King Richard Brodeur in the Ring of Honour with no further delay! He's been retired for 25 years!

http://forum.canucks...e-king-richard/

#246 allkill326

allkill326

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:25 PM

" Superstar" and Jordan Schroeder are not likely to ever meet at the NHL level.

You never know. We never thought of Hodgson being a superb player.
Posted Image

#247 Kevin Biestra

Kevin Biestra

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,869 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:26 PM

Lol at AV's bs excuse to send JS down after watching Sportsnet. How exactly did Jordan hit a wall? The dumba*s coach put him on the fourth line to play with Weise and Volpatti and then Weise and Sestito. Then the dumba*s coach puts Schroeder on the point on the PP when we all know that he's the playmaker on that unit just like Hodgson was last year.

Schroeder doesn't shoot enough to get lots of goals but he'd have a lot more assists if his linemates could actually score. I can't wait until AV is fired. Unfortunately that would probably only happen if the Canucks miss/don't make the playoffs this year.

Those are the exact same thing...
Posted ImagePosted Image

Let Canucks management know you want King Richard Brodeur in the Ring of Honour with no further delay! He's been retired for 25 years!

#248 Kevin Biestra

Kevin Biestra

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,869 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:28 PM

I hope Schroeder surprises me and surpasses my expectations.

But wasn't Hodgson the junior player of the year and World Juniors scoring leader or something like that? He was considered a blue chipper.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#249 allkill326

allkill326

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:29 PM

I hope Schroeder surprises me and surpasses my expectations.

But wasn't Hodgson the junior player of the year and World Juniors scoring leader or something like that? He was considered a blue chipper.

So was Cory Schneider. 50/50 of those guys being superb players. You never know.
Posted Image

#250 Kevin Biestra

Kevin Biestra

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,869 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:32 PM

So was Cory Schneider. 50/50 of those guys being superb players. You never know.

Schneider's already won an "AHL Vezina" trophy, a Jennings Trophy in the NHL and set multiple Canucks season goaltending records.

He's already panned out enough to be called a success. Same with Cody...

I wish I had your optimism with Schroeder. He's not bad, but so far isn't on a similar trajectory.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#251 RU SERIOUS

RU SERIOUS

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:53 PM

This is starting to feel like the 2007-08 team. The team completely dried up offensively at the end, and we slipped just outside of a playoff spot by losing 7 of our last 8 games. Not many people had confidence in that team. We struggled with injuries, looked flat, and needed to make changes.

Even if we make the playoffs this year, I think changes need to be made. The team is beginning to descend back into its 2007-2009 (until that year's turning point vs Carolina) state after three tremendous seasons. Ebbett isn't going to help us. The team needs to make a move, ie. the replacement of one of the coaching staff.

Great comments and very observant on your part. Yes, the malaise and lack of direction is very apparent now. I could smell this coming for over two years now. The team was morally devastated and spent from the great Luongo letdown during the playoff run on 2011. On that Note, Luongo obviosly needs to go asap. I do agree with MG that we don't necessarily want to give him away, but he still needs to go. Edler needs to be traded as do Schrader, Ebbett, Weise, Lapiere, Booth, Ballard and that paper weight - Garrison. most importantly AV is done - finished - expired - kaput ! So lets start the house-cleaning now - as it's going to happen one way or another.

#252 Lui's Knob

Lui's Knob

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,351 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:12 PM

The big move we've all been waiting and waiting for

#253 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,587 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:13 PM

Higgins is second in team goal scoring.Raymond is tied for third.Right now these two are hardly secondary scoring with Burrows having less goals than both Mayray and Higgy and Henrik not having more than MayRay and less than Higgy.

This team builds as it goes,the gate is always full and although not a SCF contender,can make it into the playoffs year after year.In three years that changes with the Sedins getting ready to call it a day.No Canucks propspect is anywhere near as talented as the Sedins.

At that point in time this team has large issues that will not be solved by any Canucks prospects.

I don't think you understand the context of my post, I was saying over time secondary roles will be replaced by our prospects. Then over time they will become our core, just like with any team, look at Detriot for example, they are the poster boy for this.

Jensen is talented enough to be a 1st liner, and I believe Kassian could be a high end second line or borderline 1st line PWF, and we still have alot more drafts to go, I think we will be okay.

zackass.png

#254 James van Riemsdyk

James van Riemsdyk

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:14 PM

Great comments and very observant on your part. Yes, the malaise and lack of direction is very apparent now. I could smell this coming for over two years now. The team was morally devastated and spent from the great Luongo letdown during the playoff run on 2011. On that Note, Luongo obviosly needs to go asap. I do agree with MG that we don't necessarily want to give him away, but he still needs to go. Edler needs to be traded as do Schrader, Ebbett, Weise, Lapiere, Booth, Ballard and that paper weight - Garrison. most importantly AV is done - finished - expired - kaput ! So lets start the house-cleaning now - as it's going to happen one way or another.

Let's trade all all our good players to Dallas for Aaron Rome he'll bring us a cup.
Posted Image
Edmonton Oilers CHL AGM
Edmontion Oilers SRHL Commissioner/GM

#255 Westcoastcanucks777

Westcoastcanucks777

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:32 PM

Too bad AV couldn't be sent down to get him feeling better about himself...

#256 Honky Cat

Honky Cat

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,192 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:44 PM

I thought this was kind of a sideways move....On the other hand,since he's completely miscast and playing on the 4th line,he may as well go to the Wolves.I personally thought that his passing and vision exceeded a lot of other players on the team..I don't know why he got singled out...Right now,it's just a complete mess out there .

As far as this move 'shaking up the team' or a 'shot across the bow'....I think that's ridiculous.A core player would have to be moved.

#257 37yrsncounting

37yrsncounting

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:08 AM

ru mike keenan?

#258 tigbond

tigbond

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:42 AM

What was wrong with the lines we had before Kesler came back? Just cause the Sedins and Burrows keep racking up the points, they are the ONLY ones putting up points. Spread out the skill and get other guys going.

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian
Raymond - Schroeder - Hansen
Higgins - Burrows - Booth
Sestito - Lapierre - Weise

This is exactly the question I have been asking.

#259 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 02:29 AM

AV needs to go.

Please listen to the video posted of him addressing this move - Schroeder being sent down.

He effectively says that the reason Schroeder is being sent down is because he is an offensive player and really hasn't done much offensively since the first few games and that it will help him regain his confidence. Something to that effect, not verbatum but I am positive I captured the essence of what he was saying.

Questions I have are simple.

1. If he is an offensive player why is he playing on the fourth line - his actions contradict his words

2. How exactly does he expect an offensive player to produce, playing 4 minutes a game with Weise and Tostito?

3. Our team is struggling for offense, and in his own statement he said this kid was an offensive player yet he has him playing on the fourth line.

4. The kid lost confidence because he was not playing in the role he was drafted for and knows, playing offensively while respecting his own zone. Who placed him in a role he's not suited for? And thus helped damage that confidence?

This man really is lacking alot of intelligence and clearly just thinks he is right without actually thinking anymore.

The stupidity of what he said and the root causes are so blindingly obvious, he basically told the world, I am an idiot, but I like being an idiot so deal with it.

Well done AV, on the way of creating more animosity with our last young offensive center left. Starting to see CoHo's side of the coin now.

#260 UFTcan

UFTcan

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 03:20 AM

Trade him to Buffalo and watch him and Hodgson become the next Kane and Toews :picard:

#261 Industrious1

Industrious1

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,021 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:42 AM

This thread was definately worth the read..... :lol:

Something needed to be done, and although bringing up Ebbet is hardly the answer any of us are looking for it is pretty much all we got at this point outside of a trade. The upside is Schroeder will get more meaningful icetime playing for the Wolves and hopefully this brings his game back together because lets face it...the experiment (at this point) has failed.

I'm not the biggest AV fan (haven't been since Chicago ousted us those 2 years in a row), but I do honestly think that he is just playing the hands we are dealt. Let's face it, we have a serious lack of prospects and the ones we do have are struggling or are just too green to help out the big club.

Gutcheck time. We are going to see what this team is really made of because I don't see alot of outside help coming until maybe trade deadline.

#262 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:10 AM

This thread was definately worth the read..... :lol:

Something needed to be done, and although bringing up Ebbet is hardly the answer any of us are looking for it is pretty much all we got at this point outside of a trade. The upside is Schroeder will get more meaningful icetime playing for the Wolves and hopefully this brings his game back together because lets face it...the experiment (at this point) has failed.

I'm not the biggest AV fan (haven't been since Chicago ousted us those 2 years in a row), but I do honestly think that he is just playing the hands we are dealt. Let's face it, we have a serious lack of prospects and the ones we do have are struggling or are just too green to help out the big club.

Gutcheck time. We are going to see what this team is really made of because I don't see alot of outside help coming until maybe trade deadline.

I disagree, specifically with this quote

"Let's face it, we have a serious lack of prospects and the ones we do have are struggling or are just too green to help out the big club."

While agree we don't have much DEPTH in our prospect pool, the one's who are up can play. And its AV messing with them. I was in his court on Coho but I am starting to see Coho's side with the treatment of both Kassian and now Schroeder. Its like AV makes his mind up before he sees the kid play, complains to MG he needs more vets/trade and then bury's them on purpose to look like he's right to MG.

Example:

1. Take Kassian first, the kid worked like a dog in the offseason, got leaner, stronger, faster. Has close to a ppg in the AHL. He then comes out of the blocks like Cam Neely 2.0 and is moved off the Sedin line onto the 4th? Why? Because he's achieving more than AV thought he would and he was making AV look bad? Seriously, what other coach in the NHL would move a guy who's second in goals in the NHL after 7 games, a beast, hitting, fighting, dominating games to the 4th line? Who does that? Its pure stupidity. There is no plausible explanation for this. This is what the team was missing, this is what CoHo was traded for and he's doing it, and you bury him?

2. Schroeder, listen to AV's comments on this site/video. He says Schroeder is an offensive player, wasnt achieving / playing the same offensive game he started the season with and was losing confidence. Ok..so he starts the season pretty well. Plays well defensively on the second line, shows chemistry with MayRay and Hansen. He then starts getting some points 7-8 games in, and then what, he's on the 4th line centering weisse and volpatti and now tostito. So AV is his brilliance, says he isn't scoring, he's supposed to score after you take his ice from him, give him 4 mins a game with plugs? You put him on the point on an inept pp when he's better off the 1/2 boards? and then he says the kid lost his offensive confidence?

There is a point where MG has to start looking at AV and how he is DESTROYING TALENT on this team. His job is to get more out of players than even they think they have. All he seems to achieve is getting less.

He needs to go, its AV so I completely disagree with you.

#263 Hunter.S-Kerouac

Hunter.S-Kerouac

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,113 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:26 AM

and to think we could have had Crosby for Raymond Ballard and a 1st.

#264 WZRD

WZRD

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,693 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:38 AM

Those are the exact same thing...

I meant miss/ousted first round.

#265 WZRD

WZRD

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,693 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:42 AM

AV needs to go.

Please listen to the video posted of him addressing this move - Schroeder being sent down.

He effectively says that the reason Schroeder is being sent down is because he is an offensive player and really hasn't done much offensively since the first few games and that it will help him regain his confidence. Something to that effect, not verbatum but I am positive I captured the essence of what he was saying.

Questions I have are simple.

1. If he is an offensive player why is he playing on the fourth line - his actions contradict his words

2. How exactly does he expect an offensive player to produce, playing 4 minutes a game with Weise and Tostito?

3. Our team is struggling for offense, and in his own statement he said this kid was an offensive player yet he has him playing on the fourth line.

4. The kid lost confidence because he was not playing in the role he was drafted for and knows, playing offensively while respecting his own zone. Who placed him in a role he's not suited for? And thus helped damage that confidence?

This man really is lacking alot of intelligence and clearly just thinks he is right without actually thinking anymore.

The stupidity of what he said and the root causes are so blindingly obvious, he basically told the world, I am an idiot, but I like being an idiot so deal with it.

Well done AV, on the way of creating more animosity with our last young offensive center left. Starting to see CoHo's side of the coin now.

I couldn't believe what I was hearing as well. Our coach really is stupid.

#266 Gollumpus

Gollumpus

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:54 AM

And he still isn't.

He is getting minutes with the best two wingers on the Buffalo team. There is room to say that he is being pulled along by them more than he is making a difference based on his own play. This is not to say that Hodgson isn't a talented player, but I would not consider him to be "superb".

And then there's the point to be made regarding "what if Hodgson hadn't been traded?" In Buffalo, Hodgson is playing with Vanek (13g 16a) and Pominville (9g 10a). Who would Hodgson's linemates be if he was still here? Hansen? Raymond? Very recently Booth returned. Maybe Schroeder? What would Hodgson's numbers be like in that sort of a situation?

I don't see the team being all that better. Hodgson would still be bad at face-offs. More often than not he would still be muscled off the puck. And Schroeder would still be sent down to Chicago because he couldn't fill the team needs at 3C... unless the team chose to move Schroeder to 2C and put Hodgson at 3C.

regards,
G.
Following the Canucks since before Don Cherry played here.

#267 Vansicle

Vansicle

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:16 PM

And he still isn't.

He is getting minutes with the best two wingers on the Buffalo team. There is room to say that he is being pulled along by them more than he is making a difference based on his own play. This is not to say that Hodgson isn't a talented player, but I would not consider him to be "superb".

And then there's the point to be made regarding "what if Hodgson hadn't been traded?" In Buffalo, Hodgson is playing with Vanek (13g 16a) and Pominville (9g 10a). Who would Hodgson's linemates be if he was still here? Hansen? Raymond? Very recently Booth returned. Maybe Schroeder? What would Hodgson's numbers be like in that sort of a situation?

I don't see the team being all that better. Hodgson would still be bad at face-offs. More often than not he would still be muscled off the puck. And Schroeder would still be sent down to Chicago because he couldn't fill the team needs at 3C... unless the team chose to move Schroeder to 2C and put Hodgson at 3C.

regards,
G.

I'm not the biggest COHO fan at all. In fact, I'm one of the few who liked the trade at the time and stull like it. But this has been addressed. Vanek and co. have gone on and on about how gtrat Cody is and how he has helped those players play as good as they possibly can, essentially giving him at least equal credit for the line's success.
So I think if you want to quibble of the desription "superb", it ought to mean something akin to "perfect", because as his own linemates see it, COHO has been superb.

Snake Doctor, on 23 May 2014 - 10:41 AM, said:snapback.png

Miller is not on our list. It's Lack as our #1. There is no reason we would have traded both Schnieder and Luongo if we never intended to give Lack the #1 starting job.  Furthermore, the salary and term Miller is looking for is not in our favor.

#268 Industrious1

Industrious1

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,021 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:50 PM

I disagree, specifically with this quote

"Let's face it, we have a serious lack of prospects and the ones we do have are struggling or are just too green to help out the big club."

While agree we don't have much DEPTH in our prospect pool, the one's who are up can play. And its AV messing with them. I was in his court on Coho but I am starting to see Coho's side with the treatment of both Kassian and now Schroeder. Its like AV makes his mind up before he sees the kid play, complains to MG he needs more vets/trade and then bury's them on purpose to look like he's right to MG.

Example:

1. Take Kassian first, the kid worked like a dog in the offseason, got leaner, stronger, faster. Has close to a ppg in the AHL. He then comes out of the blocks like Cam Neely 2.0 and is moved off the Sedin line onto the 4th? Why? Because he's achieving more than AV thought he would and he was making AV look bad? Seriously, what other coach in the NHL would move a guy who's second in goals in the NHL after 7 games, a beast, hitting, fighting, dominating games to the 4th line? Who does that? Its pure stupidity. There is no plausible explanation for this. This is what the team was missing, this is what CoHo was traded for and he's doing it, and you bury him?

2. Schroeder, listen to AV's comments on this site/video. He says Schroeder is an offensive player, wasnt achieving / playing the same offensive game he started the season with and was losing confidence. Ok..so he starts the season pretty well. Plays well defensively on the second line, shows chemistry with MayRay and Hansen. He then starts getting some points 7-8 games in, and then what, he's on the 4th line centering weisse and volpatti and now tostito. So AV is his brilliance, says he isn't scoring, he's supposed to score after you take his ice from him, give him 4 mins a game with plugs? You put him on the point on an inept pp when he's better off the 1/2 boards? and then he says the kid lost his offensive confidence?

There is a point where MG has to start looking at AV and how he is DESTROYING TALENT on this team. His job is to get more out of players than even they think they have. All he seems to achieve is getting less.

He needs to go, its AV so I completely disagree with you.

Uh...at no point did I say AV was good at developing Vancouver's talent or even that I liked him as a coach. The talent thing kind of speaks for itself...compared to other teams the Canucks don't really rank when it comes to bringing prospects into the league succesfully.

What I am saying however is that this guy can only play the depleted players we have in the system, whether this is due to AV or not makes no difference to the Canucks current situation. As another poster so eloquently put..."it is what it is". Personally i've been of the opinion that Vigneault has been tuned out since after the Boston series and we've been pretty much just floating since then...even won a president's trophy doing it, which is pretty damn impressive considering AV's hands off style of coaching and it really speaks to the latent talent in our team. This appears to be at an end though, the boys look lost out there and some player(s) have regressed terribly this season *cough*Edler*cough*. I think what the team needs right now is a firm hand that can instill some of that old work ethic we used to see in the Canucks a couple seasons ago. That would mean a coaching change, which i've been in favor of for a good while now.

Also, at this point in his career I don't really consider Kassian a prospect. He has played the lion's share of the season thus far and will likely continue to do so. This kid is in the NHL (which is a good thing).

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.