The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Florida Panthers willing to trade almost anybody

The key to that quote is this: "the goal for Florida now is to try to move a few contracts and see if the club can set the course for next year...".

They're not just going to give away young talent for nothing, and if one of the young studs were available, then we better be prepared to also take on another of Florida's bad contracts.

Given we have almost no cap room now and that the salary cap is coming down next season, adding another onerous contract doesn't make sense.

No thanks. Versteeg is not what this team needs... nor is another LH dman. Glad they're willing to trade everyone except their promising young prospects.

**Canucks willing to trade everyone except: Schneider, Kesler, Sedins, Kassian, Jensen, Burrows, Bieksa, Hamhuis, Edler, Bieksa, Garrison....

I think (hope) we've learned from the Ballard and Booth trades, but I'm not opposed to some smaller deals with them. Trade a pick or two for Shawn Matthias, plays centre and is a big body. Either him or Alex Petrovic, right hand prospect d-man, although I suspect he'd be worth more to the Panthers than draft picks, as they're looking to move out roster players and not prospects.

The key to that quote is this: "the goal for Florida now is to try to move a few contracts and see if the club can set the course for next year...".

They're not just going to give away young talent for nothing, and if one of the young studs were available, then we better be prepared to also take on another of Florida's bad contracts.

Given we have almost no cap room now and that the salary cap is coming down next season, adding another onerous contract doesn't make sense.

This is the stupidest post I've read in a while.Everyone loves Tanev, so congratulations on adding to the long list of hard-ons that everyone has for him. But for anyone to think that he's equal in talent or value to Gudbranson, must be brain dead.

Archived