#61 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,581 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:22 PM

The way I see it: Samuelsson > Booth

1st > Ballard. Plus the possibility of Grabner staying.

Doesn't matter what Florida did with what they got, just matters what we gave up.

The thing is right now even Samuelsson is not playing. He is on injured reserves but I really don't think he's injured.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#62 Tangelos

Tangelos

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,736 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:22 PM

Didn't no Joker was hanging out in Vancity.

Popular vacation destination. Even villains need a holiday.

(Sig removed by mod)
Previously Doug The Thug Glatt

#63 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,967 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:25 PM

Luongo and a 1st for Versteeg and Campbell. Ship Ballard and a pick out for Talbot. Booth and a 4th for Jagr

Sedin - Sedin - Jagr
Burrows - Kesler - Versteeg
Higgins - Raymond - Hansen
Lapierre - Talbot - Kassian

Hamhuis - Bieksa
Garrison - Campbell
Edler - Tanev

Schneider

Not sure if thats cap friendly I just quickly came up with that idea

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#64 Legend Killer

Legend Killer

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:26 PM

Here, I'm taking a stab at it:

To Vancouver:
Brian Campbell
2nd Round Pick

To Florida:
Schneider
2nd Round Pick

Vancouver gets Garrison's d-man partner from Florida. This is a pair that has proven it works, and works extremely well on the PP. We need help!
Florida gets a bonafide #1 goalie. Clearly they need a goalie down there.
2nd round pick swaps balances the deal. We get a 2nd rounder in the 31-35 range, and they get ours in the 45-55 range.

THEN

To Vancouver:
Patrik Berglund

To St. Louis:
Alex Edler

Vancouver gets their 2C/3C centre. Good size, great skill, will help tremendously.
St Louis gets their top pairing, left handed defenceman to play with Pietrangelo or Shattenkirk.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Booth-Berglund-Kassian
Raymond-Kesler-Hansen
Higgens-Lapierre-Weise/Sestito

Hamhuis-Bieksa
Campbell-Garrison
Ballard-Tanev

Luongo
backup?

you made a separate topic as well, why?
Posted Image
For the first time in a long time.. the future looks bright..

#65 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,551 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:29 PM

When I moved from Winnipeg to Van in January it seemed like it? :rolleyes:

Vancouver = Northern Florida soon.

#66 CB007

CB007

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,661 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:36 PM

Here, I'm taking a stab at it:

To Vancouver:
Brian Campbell
2nd Round Pick

To Florida:
Schneider
2nd Round Pick

Vancouver gets Garrison's d-man partner from Florida. This is a pair that has proven it works, and works extremely well on the PP. We need help!
Florida gets a bonafide #1 goalie. Clearly they need a goalie down there.
2nd round pick swaps balances the deal. We get a 2nd rounder in the 31-35 range, and they get ours in the 45-55 range.

THEN

To Vancouver:
Patrik Berglund

To St. Louis:
Alex Edler

Vancouver gets their 2C/3C centre. Good size, great skill, will help tremendously.
St Louis gets their top pairing, left handed defenceman to play with Pietrangelo or Shattenkirk.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Booth-Berglund-Kassian
Raymond-Kesler-Hansen
Higgens-Lapierre-Weise/Sestito

Hamhuis-Bieksa
Campbell-Garrison
Ballard-Tanev

Luongo
backup?

We still need Clemmensen or Theodore from FL. All and all this would increase our cap hit by around $3M this year and $1.5M from losing Edler's pay raise.

Gutsy big bold moves but I actually like them. The only problem is we lose a lot of size on our D, which is below average in size already.
Posted Image

#67 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,551 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:48 PM

I doubt it fits; but had me ::D pretty quick.

Awesome line up!

Luongo and a 1st for Versteeg and Campbell. Ship Ballard and a pick out for Talbot. Booth and a 4th for Jagr

Sedin - Sedin - Jagr
Burrows - Kesler - Versteeg
Higgins - Raymond - Hansen
Lapierre - Talbot - Kassian

Hamhuis - Bieksa
Garrison - Campbell
Edler - Tanev

Schneider

Not sure if thats cap friendly I just quickly came up with that idea

#68 c00kies

c00kies

Cookie Monster

• Members
  • 6,592 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:52 PM

Any deal we make with Florida should include a trade-back clause ;)
Posted Image
Thanks to Blueberries for the sig :)

#69 Monty

Monty

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,400 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:53 PM

If you think Gudbranson is better than Tanev right NOW, then check yourself into your local insane asylum. Tell the Joker I said hi.

The fact that you believe The Joker is a real person is laughable, just like your belief that Tanev is better than Gudbranson, now or in the future.

Can you imagine drowning AT a KK Rev concert?

i'm pretty sure that's how zombies are born.

#70 Magikal

Magikal

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,748 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 02:06 PM

C'mon Tallon, be an idiot and let Huberdeau go. It would give us one big piece we're missing. markstrom clearly isn't ready for prime time.

Luongo + prospect and pick

for

Huberdeau

Edited by Magikal, 11 March 2013 - 02:07 PM.

Posted Image
Credit to Lahey.

October1st,2013. #HistoryWillBeMade

#71 Apples

Apples

Rarity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,570 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 02:10 PM

Love to get Brian Campbell, a pucking mover and a #1 D. He'll help out our powerplay tremendously Sedin Sedin Kesler Campbell Edler

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#72 Felix Potvin

Felix Potvin

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 02:18 PM

I would trade Schneider in a heart beat for Bjugstad I don't think he is an untouchable

#73 hsedin33

hsedin33

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,730 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 02:27 PM

Luongo, Edler for Campbell, Versteeg

#74 Z. Kassian

Z. Kassian

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,125 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 02:27 PM

Campbell is the worst defensive dman in the league. For a team struggling in their own end how can you people want this guy?
Posted Image

#75 Tangelos

Tangelos

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,736 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 02:29 PM

The fact that you believe The Joker is a real person is laughable, just like your belief that Tanev is better than Gudbranson, now or in the future.

You're delusional. Tanev has moved up to the top-4 pairing and has been the best d-man on our team night after night. Gudbranson isn't even good enough to stay on the panthers full time lol. Give your head a shake you scrub haha.

(Sig removed by mod)

#76 Bombastik der Teutone

Bombastik der Teutone

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 25,694 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 02:38 PM

goc is a really good faceoff player

179zig.jpg

Credits to Discord for the Signature

iqbl75.jpgCDCGML St.Louis Blues Rosteriqbl75.jpg

"You dream to score your first goal in the NHL. You dream to be here, first of all. To score a hat-trick, that's just an added bonus.Josh Jooris"

#77 Merci

Merci

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,320 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 02:44 PM

Luongo
Schroeder
Edler

Mattias
Gudbranson
Versteeg

Sedin Sedin Burrows
Booth Kesler Versteeg
Hansen Mattias Kassian
Higgins Lapierre Vestito/Weise

Hamhuis Bieksa
Garrison Gudbranson
Ballard Tanev

Schneider
Lack

Keslerific, on 25 May 2014 - 4:47 PM, said:

Gaunce is wayy cooler though, Gaunce is the kind of guy you want to bring with you to Costco

vPTJpcO.jpg

#78 HKSR

HKSR

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 02:57 PM

Campbell is the worst defensive dman in the league. For a team struggling in their own end how can you people want this guy?

I don't think this is a fair assessment of the guy. Keep in mind he plays for the worst team in the league, and plays the 4th most minutes out of all players in the league (over 26min a game). You could put any defenceman on that team, force him to play 26+ min/game, and you'd see similar +/- results.

Here's food for thought. Campbell was +28 in 2010-11 on the powerhouse Blackhawks team. Seabrook was even, and Keith was a -1.

#79 MJDDawg

MJDDawg

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,375 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:06 PM

We lost 2 of our last few trades with them. Let's find a new trading partner for now...

Don't forget shirokov for duco!
Or Andrew peters for hordichuck!
Or Sean Zimmerman for Nathan paestch

Haha. Yeah, I kinda feel like this about dealing with Florida again...

Mike Gillis: Sitting in office at Rogers Arena when office phone rings. Leans over to see that it's Dale Tallon's personal cell number on the call display. Presses the "Call Forward" button to send to voice mail. Then immediately phones Dale Tallon's office number and leaves message to call him back if he's interested in dealing Bjugstad and Versteeg.

Edited by MJDDawg, 11 March 2013 - 03:07 PM.

1zchaix.jpg

Always vigilant and on the lookout for Tiger Singh,The Stork, Shamu101, Mangoes, Cucumbers, Proballhockeyplayer, Dal Colle, DontTradeEdler, RespectYourEdlers23, D.T.E. and...

#80 Everybody Hates Raymond

Everybody Hates Raymond

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,608 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:17 PM

Campbell/Luongo centred deal is still ideal IMO. Campbell is the piece this defense is missing. He's twice the player Ehrhoff is

#81 CB007

CB007

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,661 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:17 PM

goc is a really good faceoff player

You are biased cuz you are German.

j/k
Posted Image

#82 MJDDawg

MJDDawg

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,375 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:37 PM

Just listening to Donnie Taylor on Team 1040 who was responding to all this talk about the Panthers being in play for Lui and he brought up a good point in that why would the Panthers want to bring in a high priced veteran goalie at this point when they likely have one eye towards Seth Jones and the first overall pick.

Valid point I think which will probably apply to any cellar dwellers rumoured to be a destination for Lui. Doesn't mean that things wouldn't happen over the summer however.

1zchaix.jpg

Always vigilant and on the lookout for Tiger Singh,The Stork, Shamu101, Mangoes, Cucumbers, Proballhockeyplayer, Dal Colle, DontTradeEdler, RespectYourEdlers23, D.T.E. and...

#83 Kyosama

Kyosama

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:57 PM

haha pretty much.

Tanev > Gudbranson (Don't even start with the "Gudbranson has potential to be better" argument)

Schneider > Markstrom

Raymond = Matthias

Bad trade.

If Gillis pulled off a Tanev for Gudbranson trade he'd be GM of the century and Tallon would be fired immediately. There is not a single GM in the league that wouldn't consider that highway robbery.

#84 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 23,351 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:02 PM

Just listening to Donnie Taylor on Team 1040 who was responding to all this talk about the Panthers being in play for Lui and he brought up a good point in that why would the Panthers want to bring in a high priced veteran goalie at this point when they likely have one eye towards Seth Jones and the first overall pick.

Valid point I think which will probably apply to any cellar dwellers rumoured to be a destination for Lui. Doesn't mean that things wouldn't happen over the summer however.

If they unload their vets and wait till the trade deadline to get Lu, they'll be getting the number 1 with or without him.

Also if they unload enough salary in trades it will offset Lu's salary anyways, so it's irrelevant.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#85 Tangelos

Tangelos

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,736 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:03 PM

If Gillis pulled off a Tanev for Gudbranson trade he'd be GM of the century and Tallon would be fired immediately. There is not a single GM in the league that wouldn't consider that highway robbery.

All Gudbranson is is potential. Right now Tanev is the better player. He's playing top 4 minutes on the Canucks and is a career plus player. Gudbranson has not lived up to potential so far. Every hockey analyst will tell you this. Does Gudbranson have potential to be better than Tanev in a few years? Sure. Does that mean you should trade someone who has proven he can play consistently for someone who has potential to be better? I'm not so sure.

People are often blinded by the fact that Gudbranson was drafted 3rd overall and automatically assume he must be better than someone who went undrafted. So, I understand why you think Gudbranson is better even though he has not shown it on the ice

Edited by Doug The Thug Glatt, 11 March 2013 - 04:05 PM.

(Sig removed by mod)

#86 Trebreh

Trebreh

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,429 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:03 PM

Yes.. MG and his 'patience' missed the Florida boat, the only Florida team that might want Luongo is Tampa. They still see themselves as a playoff team.

Dont screw it up now Gillis...

#87 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 23,351 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:09 PM

Yes.. MG and his 'patience' missed the Florida boat, the only Florida team that might want Luongo is Tampa. They still see themselves as a playoff team.

Dont screw it up now Gillis...

Something tells me Gillis was waiting for Weiss, but he ended up having a season ending injury. Probably a good thing we didn't acquire him anyways.

There's still options out there.

Don't be surprised if Detroit gets in the mix. Rumor has it Filipula is on the trading block.

Something like Filipula and Sheehan would be a good trade.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#88 Trebreh

Trebreh

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,429 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:17 PM

Something tells me Gillis was waiting for Weiss, but he ended up having a season ending injury. Probably a good thing we didn't acquire him anyways.

There's still options out there.

Don't be surprised if Detroit gets in the mix. Rumor has it Filipula is on the trading block.

Something like Filipula and Sheehan would be a good trade.

He's on the trade block? are they having issues re-signing him?

Anyways, Filipula would be amazing centering our 3rd line, would fit right in with Higgin and Hansen.

Something like Ballard ++ for Filipula and Ferraro's son would be good.

#89 wallstreetamigo

wallstreetamigo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,911 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:22 PM

What about

Cory Schneider
Mason Raymond
Chris Tanev

for

Markstrom
Gudbranson
Matthias

Wow....overrate Tanev much? Only in Van, where the veteran D are playing so badly and the defensive strategy is so flawed would a non physical guy who adds no offense but all he does is not make massive mistakes defensively would be considered a franchise type D......lol

Edited by wallstreetamigo, 11 March 2013 - 04:24 PM.

#90 Kyosama

Kyosama

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:22 PM

All Gudbranson is is potential. Right now Tanev is the better player. He's playing top 4 minutes on the Canucks and is a career plus player. Gudbranson has not lived up to potential so far. Every hockey analyst will tell you this. Does Gudbranson have potential to be better than Tanev in a few years? Sure. Does that mean you should trade someone who has proven he can play consistently for someone who has potential to be better? I'm not so sure.

People are often blinded by the fact that Gudbranson was drafted 3rd overall and automatically assume he must be better than someone who went undrafted. So, I understand why you think Gudbranson is better even though he has not shown it on the ice

You pay for potential. The kid just turned 21. There is not a single analyst who believes that Gudbranson is a letdown thus far, his career hasn't even started.

I'm not blinded by anything, I've watched both of them play plenty. Tanev has been defensively consistent and at this point is more defensively consistent than Gudbranson, but at over two years younger (which is a huge gap at that age) Gudbranson is better offensively, will learn the defensive game, has more size, makes huge hits and brings energy. Tanev is consistent, great. Gudbranson has the potential to be a franchise D-man.

Let's put it this way; would you trade Willie Mitchell for Gudbranson? How about even Mitchell at the peak of his career for Gudbranson today? I'm assuming you would, and if you wouldn't then there's really no point in continuing this conversation because you're delusional. Tanev's career ceiling is a poor man's Willie Mitchell, and his type of game is easily replaceable. Gudbranson's game is not.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.