Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * - - - 7 votes

If the Canucks miss the playoffs, will you boycott the team next year?

• Please log in to reply
134 replies to this topic

Poll: If the Canucks miss the playoffs, will you boycott the team next year? (270 member(s) have cast votes)

If the Canucks miss the playoffs, will you boycott the team next year?

1. Yes (11 votes [4.09%])

Percentage of vote: 4.09%

2. Voted No (258 votes [95.91%])

Percentage of vote: 95.91%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#91 TheNorwegianCanuck

TheNorwegianCanuck

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:44 AM

Fans for good days and bad, right? Go Canucks Go!

muv6ab.jpg                                                     

Thanks to - Vintage Canuck - for the nice sig!

In Desjardins we trust

#92 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,184 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:55 AM

Hahahahaha, you must not been a fan for that long. The past 5 years have been a blessing, we're used to disappointment.

#93 froskii

froskii

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:57 AM

I support and watch the Canucks win or lose. I like watching hockey prefer wins but im here in full support regardless the outcome.

#94 froskii

froskii

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:57 AM

?

Edited by froskii, 12 March 2013 - 09:58 AM.

#95 Mad_Duck

Mad_Duck

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,004 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:15 AM

I'll be surprised if there is even a single yes vote.

A lot of posters on CDC tend to overreact to losses, but they're still fans who care about the team and would never desert them, even if they miss the playoffs.

I love being able to use Robert A. Heinlein's quote here:

"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity."

or... we could just post the lyrics for "Burn Hollywood Vancouver, Burn" by P.E. if we wanted to get all dramatic. :towel:
I put the F U in Fun!

Posted Image

#96 clutesi

clutesi

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:32 AM

I've been a fan for way too long to give up over one season. However as long as I keep seeing these "let's give up threads" I might boycott CDC .

#97 apollo

apollo

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,967 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:43 AM

This topic should be deleted ... what a stupid topic.
WHATCHU GONNA DO WHEN MILLERMANIA RUNS WILDDDD ON YOU?!

#98 ajhockey

ajhockey

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,350 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:48 AM

I'm wearing my Canucks hoodie today. No better time to show your pride that when we're losing.

14ndb35.jpg
Credit to -Vintage Canuck- for the awesome sig!

"Gino, Gino, Gino, Gino!"
Rest In Peace, Rypien, Demitra, and Bourdon

#99 Vansicle

Vansicle

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:03 PM

Geat thread. Really probing question. Such a surprize to so zero people would boycott the team, though.
/opposite day

Snake Doctor, on 23 May 2014 - 10:41 AM, said:snapback.png

Miller is not on our list. It's Lack as our #1. There is no reason we would have traded both Schnieder and Luongo if we never intended to give Lack the #1 starting job.  Furthermore, the salary and term Miller is looking for is not in our favor.

#100 131313

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:16 PM

After 30 years of watching the Canucks I am certainly not going to boycott the team because they lose. However I am so disgusted with the NHL in general (lockouts, bad referees, random suspensions, etc) that I might lose interest in NHL hockey in general. I used to follow 5 or 6 teams every year and now I only watch the Canucks and I won't be attending any games in person any time soon. I would prefer to give my money to the Whitecaps or the Lions.

#101 kmotamed

kmotamed

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:16 PM

No, but I hope all the bandwagoners do. I have stuck with this team, year-in and year-out... Regardless of performance for nearly 25 years. Many of those years we were not playoff teams and had average records just fighting for that 8th spot. I never left then, and I surely won't leave now...

#102 CaptainKool

CaptainKool

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:20 PM

No, since last year's playoff, people also said they will stop watching since the Canucks played like crap. But the thing is, it won't be interesting to watch if the team wins the stanley cup every year, win all 82 games of the season. No challenge at all.

#103 drdeath

drdeath

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,079 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:24 PM

If the Canucks miss the playoffs this season your poll will be moot because that will pretty much be the last sign of the apocalypse.

aXmDa9t.gif

#104 CrippledCanuck

CrippledCanuck

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:43 PM

I love being able to use Robert A. Heinlein's quote here:

"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity."

or... we could just post the lyrics for "Burn Hollywood Vancouver, Burn" by P.E. if we wanted to get all dramatic. :towel:

another alternative quote is
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

A.Einstein

#105 dorrcoq

dorrcoq

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,037 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:57 PM

"it doesn't seem like this city likes losing very much."

Does anyone? Stupid comment.

#106 dorrcoq

dorrcoq

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,037 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:02 PM

After 30 years of watching the Canucks I am certainly not going to boycott the team because they lose. However I am so disgusted with the NHL in general (lockouts, bad referees, random suspensions, etc) that I might lose interest in NHL hockey in general. I used to follow 5 or 6 teams every year and now I only watch the Canucks and I won't be attending any games in person any time soon. I would prefer to give my money to the Whitecaps or the Lions.

Ditto. I'm a Canuck fan...but I'm no longer a hockey fan, really. I can't be bothered watching a game unless it involves the Canucks. And this is from someone who has follwoeds the game closely for 50 years and was a seasons ticket holder for 25 years. All the crap surrounding the league has become too much to care about anymore. At least the CFL and MLS show some interest in their supporters.

#107 Guest_Pinchin_*

Guest_Pinchin_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:03 PM

Straight up, if you boycott the Canucks because of a bad season you weren't a fan to begin with.

#108 Spoosh

Spoosh

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,426 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:04 PM

Why in the world would a real fan boycott a team if it fails to make the playoffs!?

First of all, it's not easy to win in this league. It's not self-evident that you make the playoffs as all teams try to do that.

Secondly, you really show your true colors and nature if you turn on a team when they fail to satisfy you, after all the years of good results and good memories it has given you. If all it's given you is sadness and anger, then you're following for the wrong team and should turncoat again and gtfo.
© 2000, 2014 K'Spoosh Entertainment Ltd.

Misuse of this almost copyrighted information will with near certainty lead to misuse of it.

Posted Image

#109 SEAN HARNETT

SEAN HARNETT

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:45 PM

I'm a diehard fan who has watched this team lose in game 7 of the finals twice. I think that is allot more painful then having them miss the playoffs. Keep the faith, it's what being a fan is all about!
:towel:

#110 Anubis61

Anubis61

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 02:40 PM

Not a chance!  For those that voted yes you're not real Canuck fans and wouldn't be missed if you did boycott the team.  This team has provided great entertainment over the decades and some of the players have made significant contributions to our communities.  I may complain about poor play or bad management decisions but win or lose I'm staying loyal.

Edited by Anubis61, 12 March 2013 - 02:41 PM.

#111 curtman81

curtman81

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 03:05 PM

Ffs...It's a short season.Who cares if we make it or not.Just enjoy the fact,that we have hockey to watch again!!

GO CANUCKS GO!! (Not just when we win)

#112 Super_Canuck

Super_Canuck

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 03:50 PM

So say you boycott them next year, but then they end up winning the cup, would you all of a sudden become a "fan" again? I'm not trying to be disrespectful to you OP but this is just a stupid f'en question. This is how typical fair-weather/bandwagon fans think.

#113 Down by the River

Down by the River

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 03:59 PM

I was a fan in the late '90s. If you can make it through that era, you can make it through anything.

OMG we could've had McKeown!

I think Virtanen was a terrible pick given that he's out for 6 months which will hinder his development. You don't pick someone at #6 under that circumstance, along with the fact that he was given a 3/5 IQ (aka he's dumb). 

God dammit Benning. WHY VIRTANEN? Terrible move.

Down by the River - Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young.

#114 Down by the River

Down by the River

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 04:00 PM

Ffs...It's a short season.Who cares if we make it or not.Just enjoy the fact,that we have hockey to watch again!!

GO CANUCKS GO!! (Not just when we win)

That is a real good way to look at it. We could complain all we want about how the Canucks are playing. Yet, it could just have easily been the case that there was no hockey this year and we wouldn't even be talking about the Canucks making the playoffs.

OMG we could've had McKeown!

I think Virtanen was a terrible pick given that he's out for 6 months which will hinder his development. You don't pick someone at #6 under that circumstance, along with the fact that he was given a 3/5 IQ (aka he's dumb). 

God dammit Benning. WHY VIRTANEN? Terrible move.

Down by the River - Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young.

#115 spliced

spliced

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 04:44 PM

EDIT:

Whoops wrong topic.

Edited by spliced, 12 March 2013 - 04:47 PM.

#116 5minutesinthebox

5minutesinthebox

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,675 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:04 PM

I am wondering how many people will choose to not watch the Canucks next year if they miss the playoffs this year. Have we become a city that expects the team to make the playoffs every year without any hiccups? Is that realistic of us to expect? I have heard people ragging on the canucks lately saying they suck... it doesn't seem like this city likes losing very much.

What are we, Chicago fans?

#117 TheFleetwoodMack

TheFleetwoodMack

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:26 PM

The only way I stop following the Canucks is if I die.

This.

If you're a fan, it means you're a fan. When they miss the 2008 all I wanted was to see what the next move would be. Could they replace Luc Bourdon? Would Mike Gillis sign Mats Sundin? Who is this Cody Hodgson?

Love your team. Good or bad.

Edited by TheFleetwoodMack, 12 March 2013 - 05:32 PM.

#118 tigbond

tigbond

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:56 PM

I'm going to boycott the Canucks if they don't win the Stanley Cup every year.

#119 Canuck hero

Canuck hero

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:07 PM

just because they haven't missed the playoffs in awhile doesn't mean it won't happen again... so they don't make the playoffs than good... gillis can feel more heat to make changes because apparently its the fans that want trades all the time and aren't appreciative of what the canucks have accomplished so far..... gillis actually did say that in a team 1040 interview.... anyways the answer is no, no boycott.... i will always be a fan right to the bitter end...
Posted Image

#120 saskanuckfan

saskanuckfan

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:18 PM

UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.