Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * - - - 7 votes

If the Canucks miss the playoffs, will you boycott the team next year?

• Please log in to reply
134 replies to this topic

Poll: If the Canucks miss the playoffs, will you boycott the team next year? (270 member(s) have cast votes)

If the Canucks miss the playoffs, will you boycott the team next year?

1. Yes (11 votes [4.09%])

Percentage of vote: 4.09%

2. Voted No (258 votes [95.91%])

Percentage of vote: 95.91%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#121 Gman

Gman

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,490 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:20 PM

UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!

8 times so far even.
Posted Image

"We must respect the other fellow's religion, but only in the same sense to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and his children smart." - H.L. Mencken

"When you understand why you don't believe in other people's gods, you will understand why I don't believe in yours."- Albert Einstein

"People who don't like their beliefs being laughed at shouldn't have such funny beliefs." - Unknown

"Atheism is a non-prophet organization" - Unknown

#122 gocanuckzgo

gocanuckzgo

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:51 PM

I haven't given the Canucks organization any money in years. I don't even have a TV, I watch the game via *ahem* other means. Being poor and boycotting seem rather similar, come to think of it.

#123 tonicwater

tonicwater

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:03 PM

I'd start counting down the days until puck drop next year. Maybe boycott playoffs because my team isn't in it?
Yupee

#124 Moonshinefe

Moonshinefe

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:10 AM

Is this a troll thread?

#125 deebow420

deebow420

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:32 AM

im not gonna start a thread for this but wowzers 'nuck fans sure hit the panic button quick!! I was upset too but realize we are right where we need to be, in the mix for a playoff spot. Why do we need to win the president's trophy every year? It does nothing. Ask L.A. We have been spoiled with the top team in the northwest for a few years now but everything cycles..it's just a matter of time other teams will eventually get better with the draft picks the oilers get and the $$ minny has spent, to developed farm system players, etc. Any team can win in this league on any given nite, just got to keep battling. I think our team might be more confident in battle with the fans having their backs and supporting them?!?!? maybe.. ya trades are gonna get made but i cheer for the front of the jersey, not individual names on the back. Now everybody sing with me, " why cant weee be friends why cant we be friends"

IF the canucks didnt make the playoffs i would welcome a higher draft pick..

#126 hf44

hf44

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,208 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:53 AM

No, that's what bandwagon fans do. :frantic:

#127 GarthButcher5

GarthButcher5

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:04 PM

The true blue suffering Canuck fans are those of us who have long suffered in the non-playoff years as well as the years with disappointing playoff results but as long as we have a team, we still celebrate OUR team whether it wins or loses.

Those OTHER people are not fans at all.

#128 VanIsleNuckFan

VanIsleNuckFan

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,603 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 01:02 PM

The true blue suffering Canuck fans are those of us who have long suffered in the non-playoff years as well as the years with disappointing playoff results but as long as we have a team, we still celebrate OUR team whether it wins or loses.

Those OTHER people are not fans at all.

+1, 000, 000, 000

That's all I had.....

#129 CHodgson9

CHodgson9

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:01 PM

the last time we missed the playoffs, it allowed us to draft Cody Hodgson in a deep draft. If Kesler's absence and our struggles on the PP/PK don't resolve soon, if our 5-on-5 play doesn't get more results, and we subsequently miss the playoffs, I will still cheer for this team.

Plus, we might get an epic draft pick, like Drouin if we missed the playoffs :D

I think we'll make the playoffs though, and if we're healthy we'll be a force.
"You must be the change you want to see in the world" - Mahatma Ghandi

#130 aqua59

aqua59

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,027 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:03 PM

I am wondering how many people will choose to not watch the Canucks next year if they miss the playoffs this year. Have we become a city that expects the team to make the playoffs every year without any hiccups? Is that realistic of us to expect? I have heard people ragging on the canucks lately saying they suck... it doesn't seem like this city likes losing very much.

No one will boycott them, no one boycotted them after the lockout did they? If they did we wouldn't know or care. Next poll please.

#131 Mr. White

Mr. White

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:53 PM

The only way I stop following the Canucks is if I die.

Posted Image
^VanCauck93^

#132 Mauii

Mauii

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:55 PM

My dad stopped watching the Canucks...he says it affects his heart too much when they lose. I don't know why other sports don't affect him as much. As for me and my mom...no problem. I find guys do seem to get much more emotionally distraught/affected by the games then women. I remember during our playoff run after a loss everyone at work tip toed around me including my boss...I guess they weren't sure how I was going to be after a loss but I was fine :) As long as the team stays true, plays with heart and tries their best and no funny business *cough*messier/keenan era*cough*...they have a fan for life through their ups and downs. Besides during their down time is always just an opportunity to improve and make it better...it's not the end of the world.

Edited by Mauii, 13 March 2013 - 03:05 PM.

"For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil."

#133 Skillscore

Skillscore

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 03:48 PM

How does this sort of topic even get created? How man teams don't make the playoffs each year? How many teams have gone years without making them? Pretty sure they all still have fans....

Vancouver has brought us two Presidents Trophies and took us to Game 7 of the SCF in the last two years. Suck it up and stand by your team, or GTFO!

:D

#134 Wolf smell

Wolf smell

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 03:51 PM

To the 10 people who voted yes and the ones who would even contemplate this. Go home!!!!!! You are all unwanted here. Find another wagon to jump to.

#135 flat land fish

flat land fish

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:52 PM

while the team hasn't been lighting up the scoresheet we have been in nearly every game and are leading our division. The only teams in the west that have stood out are Chicago and Anaheim both of which have questionable goaltending and could come back to the pack in the second half. Once the PP gets on track we could easily string together a win streak. Personally I say lets get hot 10 days before the playoffs and go on a long run!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.