The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

If the Canucks miss the playoffs, will you boycott the team next year?

DonaldBrashear

If the Canucks miss the playoffs, will you boycott the team next year?  

269 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I am wondering how many people will choose to not watch the Canucks next year if they miss the playoffs this year. Have we become a city that expects the team to make the playoffs every year without any hiccups? Is that realistic of us to expect? I have heard people ragging on the canucks lately saying they suck... it doesn't seem like this city likes losing very much.

I always tend to look at every topic with an open mind and try to engage the argument but I have to say this is probably one of the worst I have come across. You have to wonder if the OP knows what being a fan is all about.

It is about the bad times as well as the good. The heated debates on good, bad and indifferent times and all the way along you support the team.

My soccer team dropped down 3 divisions. I was not happy, I wrote articles in the local press which caused the Chief Executive of the Club to telephone me to ask if I would meet him and discuss my grievances face to face .......which I did. But throughout it all my Dad and I continued to purchase our season tickets and go to the games.

Of course I'm not happy with our form OR some of the actions or to be more accurate lack of action by our GM. At the end of the day though I see this as something that is just a few healed injuries and a couple of upgrades away from getting us back to the top.

To talk about boycotts is contemptible.

The only reason I wouldn't mind this team missing the playoffs is that perhaps it would be the final clipping of the wings to this false sense of entitlement the franchise seems to have - Presidents winning seasons against a weak division and playoff coasting. This team needs a shakeup. Maybe missing the playoffs will be a dose of reality for management that two Wonder Twins, a mix-and-match second line, and two starting goalies won't work.

That said, he'll no would I boycott the team. I love my Canucks, even as much as I criticize them when things are bad. My moods go as the team goes, and I want the best for them, so I'd be there sink or swim.

No boycott here.

Too much time and memories invested. I'm from here. This my local team.

After last years playoffs and considering the way the league is being run I considered reducing my attention but I've still watched every game this year.....again.

Sounds like your planning on it and you need everyones OK to do it...So that means a) you havent been cheering for this team too long. B) you arent a real fan. c) you really believe the Canucks are going to miss the playoffs this year....

CrAzY

5 people said yes?? The canucks have always been my team

Even when they don't play like a dream.

Come highwater or hell (see what I did there)

I will support them when not doing well

Boycott is such an ugly word

From my lips, it will never be heard.

In answer to your question I voted NO

I'm here for them high or low!!

After 30 years of watching the Canucks I am certainly not going to boycott the team because they lose. However I am so disgusted with the NHL in general (lockouts, bad referees, random suspensions, etc) that I might lose interest in NHL hockey in general. I used to follow 5 or 6 teams every year and now I only watch the Canucks and I won't be attending any games in person any time soon. I would prefer to give my money to the Whitecaps or the Lions.

Archived