#1 VMR

VMR

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 989 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:50 PM

POPULAR

I will start this off by saying Cory will be a star, I hope. With that said, why if he is the next second coming, is he playing below-average to average for almost every game he has played? The man said it himself that he needs to play better but yet lets in another silly 3 period goal when there was still time to tie it up?

Also, I find it funny that everyone is blaming the D and saying how we are not scoring. To be elite, you need to steal some games when the guys in front of you are not playing well.

I say he needs to be better, he says he needs to be better. Is the pressure to much for him now?

Before I get flamed, I am a Lu supporter and don't want to see him go. However, I know he is likely going soon and Cory is to be the Number one guy here. If that is going to happen then for crying out loud, I want to see way better play from him to ease the loss of Lu.

Is that too much to ask?
They are my team!
Go Canucks Go!

Posted Image
Thank you VC!!!!!

#2 Where's Wellwood

Where's Wellwood

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:53 PM

POPULAR

The entire team is struggling from the goaltender up to the coaching staff. Cory hasn't been good enough, but the defense hasn't helped him, and the offense hasn't helped outscore his mistakes.

14diqh3.jpg
Credit to khalifawiz501 for the sig.
https://imgflip.com/i/dyukl

#3 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,661 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:56 PM

Everything is proceeding exactly as i have foreseen.

Bigger cap hit? Bigger microscope.
Posted Image

#4 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,827 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:56 PM

The entire team is struggling from the goaltender up to the coaching staff.  Cory hasn't been good enough, but the defense hasn't helped him, and the offense hasn't helped outscore his mistakes.

Yep. The struggles are pretty much team-wide.

So far the only Canuck who hasn't disappointed is Tanev. Hansen and Higgins have also been pretty good, but they definitely need more form the top six forwards and top four defensemen...
Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

#5 Watermelons

Watermelons

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,625 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:58 PM

POPULAR

Well...you are talking about Canucks fans...you know the fans who are driving the best goalie who has ever played on the team for a goalie who has potential to be a number 1 goalie...

tumblr_lv6jbk180f1r5jtugo1_250.gif  Kirby_eats_a_watermelon.gif 

#6 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,142 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:00 PM

Well...you are talking about Canucks fans...you know the fans who are driving the best goalie who has ever played on the team for a goalie who has potential to be a number 1 goalie...

Uh, it seems to me that most fans are starting to turn on Schneider and a lot of the "Trade Luongo" proclaimers back in August are now on the "Keep Luongo" wagon.

/=S=/

#7 ButterBean

ButterBean

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,228 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:01 PM

At least Cory acknowledges that he's playing bad.

#8 smithers joe

smithers joe

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,054 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:02 PM

so, your saying we all have to agree with you?....

#9 MikeyD

MikeyD

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,360 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:03 PM

Well be prepared to be downright lethargic! I'll defend him until the cows come home! Now I don't live on a farm but I hear that doesn't occur very frequently!

Posted Image

#10 VMR

VMR

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 989 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:03 PM

Everything is proceeding exactly as i have foreseen.

Bigger cap hit? Bigger microscope.

Maybe, but I think that it should be something that is expected. When you are given more for what you do, you should be giving more as well. I just have not seen it yet.
They are my team!
Go Canucks Go!

Posted Image
Thank you VC!!!!!

#11 VMR

VMR

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 989 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:04 PM

so, your saying we all have to agree with you?....

No, I stating my opinion. You can as well.
They are my team!
Go Canucks Go!

Posted Image
Thank you VC!!!!!

#12 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,938 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:04 PM

We need a new coach and defensive system, watch Lu go back to his old form and same with Schneids.

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#13 Watermelons

Watermelons

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,625 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:06 PM

POPULAR

Uh, it seems to me that most fans are starting to turn on Schneider and a lot of the "Trade Luongo" proclaimers back in August are now on the "Keep Luongo" wagon.

Shrug...I've always been a Luongo fan (If you were talking about me) But I still hope that Schneider can do well in Vancouver.

But I guess the fans have the right to call out players (Luongo in the previous playoffs for example) when they are doing bad. The players should be professional enough to deal with criticism and use it as motivation to improve their games.

What really makes me mad though is how fans blame our goalies for no apparent reason. For instance, everyone hates on Luongo for the 2011 playoffs yet they forget that our team score 8 goals in 7 games in the Stanley Cup Final and still made it to game 7. Currently, our team is playing like a mediocre team that has lost interest in the game. Yet the only players in the spotlight are Luongo and Schneider...

tumblr_lv6jbk180f1r5jtugo1_250.gif  Kirby_eats_a_watermelon.gif 

#14 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,428 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:10 PM

Am I the only one who thought he wasn't that bad last game?

He made a number of key saves that could have sunk us, he has been making up for the poor defense more than the defense has been making up for him.

zackass.png

#15 Nino

Nino

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,901 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:12 PM

POPULAR

I'm tired of people defending Lou for his meltdowns in the playoffs but I didn't start a topic about it.

The whole team including Cory and Lou have not played well lately. People say if you took out Lou's 8 goal game he has good numbers for the season, well if you took out Cory's first game it's about the same.

I'm tired of people making topics like this... Troll

#16 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:14 PM

POPULAR

I'm tired of people defending Lou for his meltdowns in the playoffs but I didn't start a topic about it.

The whole team including Cory and Lou have not played well lately. People say if you took out Lou's 8 goal game he has good numbers for the season, well if you took out Cory's first game it's about the same.

I'm tired of people making topics like this... Troll

Nino shutup, you call everyone a troll. Your the biggest troll on these boards looking for people you can call a troll
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#17 Gretzky's Mullet

Gretzky's Mullet

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,598 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:18 PM

True, the whole team is playing badly. However, a goaltender is different from the rest of the team. The team needs to find chemistry and work together, which is challenging because it involves multiple people. The goalie's performance is his own, and if he plays badly it's not because of a poorly matched individuals situation. You could make a case that the defence is leaving him out to dry, but Cory's also been letting in bad goals that he should stop.

Personally, I never understood why it was assumed that Luongo had to be the one to go. Not once did I think that was automatic, it's far more of a media creation. Sure, it's more likely, but Schneider likely has more trade value and Luongo has a lot of good years left.
Posted Image

LUC BOURDON: FEB 16TH, 1987 - MAY 29TH, 2008

#18 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,030 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:23 PM

Am I the only one who thought he wasn't that bad last game?

He made a number of key saves that could have sunk us, he has been making up for the poor defense more than the defense has been making up for him.

Non-issue. YOu could put a piece of solid plywood covering 95% of the net in goal for the Nucsk and their recoerd would be the same. Neither goalie can play well enough to make this team a contender right now.

As for COry...as many very knowledgeable hockey people have said - those who get paid big money to analyze and who have coached and GM's in teh league - the situation in Vancouver is really a no-win for Cory. Being the starter with the constant threat of having a goalie like Lu watching every game and ready to step in if you falter along with a coach who is determined to play both goalies just enough to make sure neither really gets comfortable won't work/.

Both goalies have been classy and patient but the situation is a powder keg.

#19 MonkeyBusiness

MonkeyBusiness

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:25 PM

I will start this off by saying Cory will be a star, I hope. With that said, why if he is the next second coming, is he playing below-average to average for almost every game he has played? The man said it himself that he needs to play better but yet lets in another silly 3 period goal when there was still time to tie it up?

Also, I find it funny that everyone is blaming the D and saying how we are not scoring. To be elite, you need to steal some games when the guys in front of you are not playing well.

I say he needs to be better, he says he needs to be better. Is the pressure to much for him now?

Before I get flamed, I am a Lu supporter and don't want to see him go. However, I know he is likely going soon and Cory is to be the Number one guy here. If that is going to happen then for crying out loud, I want to see way better play from him to ease the loss of Lu.

Is that too much to ask?

It's not too much to ask but you will get heat for it.

Nino, You might want to read the rules, not sure you should be calling people Trolls.
Posted Image
Sig pic by -Vintage Canuck- Thank You!!!!

Love the Canucks!

Keep Loungo in Vancouver :towel:
http://www.ipetition...o-in-vancouver/

#20 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,428 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:27 PM

Non-issue. YOu could put a piece of solid plywood covering 95% of the net in goal for the Nucsk and their recoerd would be the same. Neither goalie can play well enough to make this team a contender right now.

As for COry...as many very knowledgeable hockey people have said - those who get paid big money to analyze and who have coached and GM's in teh league - the situation in Vancouver is really a no-win for Cory. Being the starter with the constant threat of having a goalie like Lu watching every game and ready to step in if you falter along with a coach who is determined to play both goalies just enough to make sure neither really gets comfortable won't work/.

Both goalies have been classy and patient but the situation is a powder keg.

It's not on his door step.

The goalies have been pulling there weight, it takes a full 21 man roster & a competent coaching staff to make this team a contender, Cory has pulled his weight, the others have not.

And that's why we are where we are.

Edited by Smashian Kassian, 11 March 2013 - 04:27 PM.

zackass.png

#21 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,660 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:31 PM

POPULAR

Is that too much to ask?

I'm tired of people defending Luongo.
Cory hasn't been awesome this year, but he's only played 14 games and the Luongo Fan Club is chasing after him with torches and pitchforks.
Luongo was given so much more slack before anyone gave up on him, so very much more, but Cory gets 14 regular season games and he's a write off?
Personally I'll give Cory the same benefit I gave Luongo before I gave up on him. 5 full seasons, 4 playoff appearances, 4 series implosions.

#22 VMR

VMR

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 989 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:38 PM

Cory hasn't been awesome this year, but he's only played 14 games and the Luongo Fan Club is chasing after him with torches and pitchforks.
Luongo was given so much more slack before anyone gave up on him, so very much more, but Cory gets 14 regular season games and he's a write off?
Personally I'll give Cory the same benefit I gave Luongo before I gave up on him. 5 full seasons, 4 playoff appearances, 4 series implosions.

I didn't say anything about giving up on him. I said I want more from him. He has played 14 Games yes, but he was also one of the only nucks to play in Europe as well. He should be well in the groove.
They are my team!
Go Canucks Go!

Posted Image
Thank you VC!!!!!

#23 Gross-Misconduct

Gross-Misconduct

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,918 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:41 PM

i mean cody :picard:

Edited by Gross-Misconduct, 11 March 2013 - 04:42 PM.

HpkJUPw.jpg

Credit to KingAlex for the sig. R.I.P.

#24 atillaMYhun

atillaMYhun

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:44 PM

How many of these stupid threads are we going to have to have before people realise that goaltending IS NOT the problem with this team!

#25 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,030 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:44 PM

So true. THese posts are more about getting rid of Cory so they can keep Lu than Cory's performance.

Every year it takes 20-25 games for LU to start playing well. That's always just dismissed as "Lu is always a slow starter". Cory's numbers for his first 14 games this year are better than LU's usual start but somehow he deserves to be attacked and accused of not doing his job.

This goalie thing is divisive on these boards and it has to be in the dressing room. Knowing both want to be the starter and want to work through whatever problems they are having but can't makes for unhappy players.

MG has handled this about as badly as it could have been handled and the whole team is paying the price.

Edited by DIBdaQUIB, 11 March 2013 - 04:44 PM.

#26 VancouverCanucksRock

VancouverCanucksRock

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,494 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:03 PM

Yeah man, when the FK! is Cory going to score on the PP? All those chances he's had, god damnit.....nothing to show for it!!!
Posted Image WHen idiots think numbers are words, I do believe in 2012 for cleansing Earth of the idiots

#27 r3pLaY

r3pLaY

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:07 PM

Hey man im tired of it to, lets trade a 26 yr old goltender that has one year of XP under his belt (as a back up) For a 33 yr old goltender whos skills are on the decline, now that makes sense to me.
Posted Image

#28 RockNroLLa.

RockNroLLa.

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:08 PM

Is that too much to ask?

:picard:

#29 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,617 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:12 PM

I can make a two minute long montage of all the goals and defensive breakdowns this team has allowed over the last 8 or so games. It's absolutely disgusting
Posted Image

#30 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,695 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:21 PM

Well the goalie debate has proven again that we CDC'ers have no clue. I for one was in the Schnieder camp but only because it seemed evident that's the direction we were moving in. Regardless keeping two goalies of this stature and at this price tag is stupid. In an ideal situation Cory would have been given the job to roll with without an allstar looking over his shoulder. I mean it should have been sink or swim, it should have been either Cory or Lou's team. With Roberto here absolutely nothing has changed for Cory except the pressure. Perhaps this whole deal is weighing on the team without them realizing it. It's got to be tough not having a starting goaltender to rely on even though both of ours are great.

The bottom line is we need to stop making goofball threads like this and support which ever goalie plays and which ever goalie we keep because they are both top notch, regardless of which one you have a crush on.

Edited by Dogbyte, 11 March 2013 - 05:23 PM.

Canuckslogo160x160.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.