The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tired of people defending of Cory.

VMR

I will start this off by saying Cory will be a star, I hope. With that said, why if he is the next second coming, is he playing below-average to average for almost every game he has played? The man said it himself that he needs to play better but yet lets in another silly 3 period goal when there was still time to tie it up?

Also, I find it funny that everyone is blaming the D and saying how we are not scoring. To be elite, you need to steal some games when the guys in front of you are not playing well.

I say he needs to be better, he says he needs to be better. Is the pressure to much for him now?

Before I get flamed, I am a Lu supporter and don't want to see him go. However, I know he is likely going soon and Cory is to be the Number one guy here. If that is going to happen then for crying out loud, I want to see way better play from him to ease the loss of Lu.

Is that too much to ask?

I'm tired of people defending Lou for his meltdowns in the playoffs but I didn't start a topic about it.

The whole team including Cory and Lou have not played well lately. People say if you took out Lou's 8 goal game he has good numbers for the season, well if you took out Cory's first game it's about the same.

I'm tired of people making topics like this... Troll

I'm tired of people defending Lou for his meltdowns in the playoffs but I didn't start a topic about it.

The whole team including Cory and Lou have not played well lately. People say if you took out Lou's 8 goal game he has good numbers for the season, well if you took out Cory's first game it's about the same.

I'm tired of people making topics like this... Troll

True, the whole team is playing badly. However, a goaltender is different from the rest of the team. The team needs to find chemistry and work together, which is challenging because it involves multiple people. The goalie's performance is his own, and if he plays badly it's not because of a poorly matched individuals situation. You could make a case that the defence is leaving him out to dry, but Cory's also been letting in bad goals that he should stop.

Personally, I never understood why it was assumed that Luongo had to be the one to go. Not once did I think that was automatic, it's far more of a media creation. Sure, it's more likely, but Schneider likely has more trade value and Luongo has a lot of good years left.

I will start this off by saying Cory will be a star, I hope. With that said, why if he is the next second coming, is he playing below-average to average for almost every game he has played? The man said it himself that he needs to play better but yet lets in another silly 3 period goal when there was still time to tie it up?

Also, I find it funny that everyone is blaming the D and saying how we are not scoring. To be elite, you need to steal some games when the guys in front of you are not playing well.

I say he needs to be better, he says he needs to be better. Is the pressure to much for him now?

Before I get flamed, I am a Lu supporter and don't want to see him go. However, I know he is likely going soon and Cory is to be the Number one guy here. If that is going to happen then for crying out loud, I want to see way better play from him to ease the loss of Lu.

Is that too much to ask?

Non-issue. YOu could put a piece of solid plywood covering 95% of the net in goal for the Nucsk and their recoerd would be the same. Neither goalie can play well enough to make this team a contender right now.

As for COry...as many very knowledgeable hockey people have said - those who get paid big money to analyze and who have coached and GM's in teh league - the situation in Vancouver is really a no-win for Cory. Being the starter with the constant threat of having a goalie like Lu watching every game and ready to step in if you falter along with a coach who is determined to play both goalies just enough to make sure neither really gets comfortable won't work/.

Both goalies have been classy and patient but the situation is a powder keg.

Archived