The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tired of people defending of Cory.

VMR

You make a good point about Schneider being unproven and that a hot young goalie can cool down fast. Its true. But Luongo HAS been proven......to not have his mental game where it should be at crucial times in playoff games. Maybe he's learned since then and I'd live with him in goal if that was the only option, but I'd prefer to take the risk on Cory.

And its only human nature to be affected by having a veteran, who was supposed to be gone by now, looking over your shoulder and a coach waiting for the smallest mistake to put him back in.

But I wanted to also say that any good points you may make are muted somewhat by your hypocrisy. You say that those that support Schneider are "Schneider lovers"  but you blast those that say "Luongo lovers" and call out "rabid Schneider backers" just because we think "he is a better option than Luongo". How is that being rabid?

I actually think there are only a few immature posters that say they are "haters" of one of our goalies, or would call others that. What I do hate is all of this "If it was _______ in net you'd have all the _______ haters/lovers saying #@%@$!"

The last few games Lu has played like the team in front of him, average at best. Monday's game vs the Wild was all sorts of bad Luck. The team just did not seem hungry.

Last night vs the blues was a better effort in the second, Cory's play in the first kept us breathing until the second when the team in front decided to play. Then some bad luck and no hunger again in the third and I was a bit scared, the team was going to melt town. But we held in there.

I do agree, if Cory is the one taking over and it does look that way, he does need to play better. Age to me does not matter and in a few years when the team gets older, it will not matter who is in the net. The window is getting smaller.

The rabid Cory fans I was refering to, are the ones who refuse to acknowledge any weaknesses whatsoever in his game. The ones who prefer to attack rather than address the issues. You still blame Luongo without admitting that the team played poorly in front of Luongo in most of his "meltdowns". That was my point; which has still been totally ignored by all the open-minded fans.You call me a hypocrite yet you still haven't acknowledged that Cory has been mostly average so far. I said it once and I guess I have to say it again; Cory has owned up to his play but many of his fans refuse to do the same. Instead they blame everyone but Schneider. No-one has answered the question. If Schneider is a better option than Luongo then shouldn't he be held to the same standards?

I dont think schnieds has a lot of weaknesses for his age and level of experience, but I can think of a couple right off the bat..

For example, when he goes to play the puck at tines I get very nervous.. was the same for lu too, but its a weakness.. hes got some work to do with his puck control for sure.

Yes, I know what it means, clearly you don't know what the 5 in 5chneider means (here's a hint: Look at Cory's FIRST game as a starter). I also used that satirically, in an obviously failed attempt to show you how dumb you sound.

Your so-called ironic post does nothing but tell the rest of CDC that you're a blatant Luongo hater, as seen through your adamant refusal to accept any of his accomplishments (hating on his 10-11 playoff meltdowns is fine, but denying the massive role he played in getting to the finals is ridiculous).

How many times has Schneider won us a game this season so far, as a starter? Maybe 1, 2? Luongo has done it dozens of times, already doing so in the handful of games he's played this season. So far, so not good for CS35. He has not been playing anywhere close to what he should be as a starter. At this point giving up Luongo will put us in a bad situation unless Schneider actually plays like he should, instead of just talking about it.

This year Cory has been taking too long deciding whether too be big in the net or to go down and react to the shot. As a result, he was getting caught between. If you can objectively look at his miscues, you will see what I mean. A lot of his bad goals were goals that went "through him". This was due to Cory second-guessing himself. Hopefully he has addressed the issue.

I don't attribute mental or emotional weaknesses to him as his avid fans do. Saying that he needs to be labelled #1 or get the lions share of starts or he will somehow self-destruct is doing just that. I am a fan; I'm just not a blindly avid fan.

I will start this off by saying Cory will be a star, I hope. With that said, why if he is the next second coming, is he playing below-average to average for almost every game he has played? The man said it himself that he needs to play better but yet lets in another silly 3 period goal when there was still time to tie it up?

Also, I find it funny that everyone is blaming the D and saying how we are not scoring. To be elite, you need to steal some games when the guys in front of you are not playing well.

I say he needs to be better, he says he needs to be better. Is the pressure to much for him now?

Before I get flamed, I am a Lu supporter and don't want to see him go. However, I know he is likely going soon and Cory is to be the Number one guy here. If that is going to happen then for crying out loud, I want to see way better play from him to ease the loss of Lu.

Is that too much to ask?

Schneider stole us the last couple of wins which this team desperately needed so right now both goalies have pretty much identical stats. Before this little stretch Luongo was undoubtedly playing better but right now they're exactly the same.

This is why we need both goalies. The Canucks are benefiting from a tandem that plays well at separate times. To start the season, Schneider was brutal and Luongo was fantastic, now the roles have reversed. Regardless the Canucks are winning games. If we only had one of those goalies at either point in the season we would not be a playoff team.

Lu's last four games or so were brut.....they've both been average this year....I think anyone using words like fantastic to describe either goalie is delusional....looking at you DUC....

Seeing the last two games for Schneids in which he was great, he's become the least average but most likely he gets Saturday and then it's back to Lu, who has my support as well.

It's nice to see a goalie not need defending for a stretch. Hope Schneids can keep it going. This is his first series of games where I've felt he's really shown up as the same guy we watched play last season. We need him to be better than he was last season if he's going to be the starter but we've seen that the last 2 games...which gives me a little hope because I honestly thought there was a chance he just wasn't ready or capable for the role just yet. Hate to see him "Theodore".

It's nice to see a goalie not need defending for a stretch. Hope Schneids can keep it going. This is his first series of games where I've felt he's really shown up as the same guy we watched play last season. We need him to be better than he was last season if he's going to be the starter but we've seen that the last 2 games...which gives me a little hope because I honestly thought there was a chance he just wasn't ready or capable for the role just yet. Hate to see him "Theodore".

Schneider stole us the last couple of wins which this team desperately needed so right now both goalies have pretty much identical stats. Before this little stretch Luongo was undoubtedly playing better but right now they're exactly the same.

This is why we need both goalies. The Canucks are benefiting from a tandem that plays well at separate times. To start the season, Schneider was brutal and Luongo was fantastic, now the roles have reversed. Regardless the Canucks are winning games. If we only had one of those goalies at either point in the season we would not be a playoff team.

Archived