The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Stafford "would welcome trade", Regher and Leopold expected to be traded

Looking at Buffalo's depth chart, it doesn't really appear as of we are ideal trading partners they are deep in the same spots we are deep and hurting where we hurt. Tyler Myers is their only right handed D and they also have an abundance of left wingers. Sure Ehrhoff and Regehr play the right side, but what could we give them back besides redundancy and picks? Maybe Regehr as a rental, but that's about it.

Agree with Smashian - there is very little of interest there.

Ott, is overhyped, has absolutely terrible underlying numbers and besides, Buffalo is shallow up the middle and couldn't afford to move him. Good faceoff guy but a liability imo.

I'd take that Foligno kid although he's fallen back to where he was projected to be...getting a whole whack of ozone starts, weak competition, but has only a single goal. Can remember all the crying that the Canucks should have taken him instead of Kassian... not really looking that way, but would like a young crasher on the fourth line, if the price was right.

Aside from that, Myers is disappointing a lot of people in Buffalo - 5.5 long term perhaps a bit prematurely - but again, if the price was right...

In other words, a few of their young players are interesting, but their yard sale sure as hell isn't.

Good luck moving Stafford, Leino, Regehr, Leopold - particularly with the changing cap climate.

What a mess Regier has made of that team.

Booth for stafford. Ott would be a good pickup for 3rd line C, Ehrhoff would make our Powerplay better and hopefully Edler too.

Healthy lineup would be

Daniel-Henrik-Burr

Raymond-Kesler-Stafford

Higgins-Ott-Hansen

????-Lapierre-Weise

Hamhuis-Bieksa

Edler-Ehrhoff

Garrison-Tanev

Luongo

Schneider

(I put ???? because I don't think sestito is good enough to be on a 4th line on a cup winning team and we should probably get someone better)

one could dream of having that lineup

Archived