Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Former Vancouver Canuck Anson Carter WATN

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
34 replies to this topic

#1 Pasific Coluseum

Pasific Coluseum

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:01 PM

Where Are They Now?
Well it looks like Anson Carter is doing guest analysis on LA Kings intermission panel. Watching the Kings play and he looks good. Probably could still play hockey if he wanted to.

Just wanted to WATN for fellow Carter fans out there. He was such a beast with the Twins

#2 UFTcan

UFTcan

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:06 PM

Thought this fool was concentrating on a rap career or something.. Guess standing at the side of the net and letting the twins bank it off you was too hard, he wanted a raise, we didnt match he left and it ended his talent-less career.

#3 allkill326

allkill326

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:08 PM

Thought this fool was concentrating on a rap career or something.. Guess standing at the side of the net and letting the twins bank it off you was too hard, he wanted a raise, we didnt match he left and it ended his talent-less career.

How is he a fool for that? Why do you keep making fun of former Canucks players? I don't get you.
Posted Image

#4 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,239 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:22 PM

How is he a fool for that? Why do you keep making fun of former Canucks players? I don't get you.

I wouldn't call him a fool, but he left Vancouver for more a difference of 600 000k or soemthing like that to join the Hurricanes. The Sedins literally resurrected his career, making him a 30 goal scorer once again. Dave Nonis gave him a generous offer of 1.8 million for a 2 year contract despite on a decline. Indeed he is one of the best line mates for the Sedin.

Well, I , I feel very good about this draft, but I, I think, potentially you know were gonna have 3 or 4 NHL players out of this group, ummmm, you know like we are not going to prejudice to were they are from.

-Jim Benning June 27, 2015 shortly after the completion of the 2015 NHL Entry draft in Miami Florida.

#5 UFTcan

UFTcan

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:22 PM

Why would i praise a nothing burger for being a nothing burger?

Btw what other former canucks am i making fun of? I loved trent klatt, lol

Guess I should live in the past and give credit where it is not due, 8 teams in 12 years shows how good of a team player he was in his nhl career. So no i dont give a crap about former players who made a quick living off the sedin bro's, tried to cash in on it failed and career died.

#6 disisdayear

disisdayear

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:24 PM

The dude was 6'1" 210 lbs. with decent wheels, heavy shot, willing to go the dirty areas to create space for the twins. Sounds just like the kind of player the Canucks need right now...not saying Carter (he's 38-39 years old now), but someone like him...oh wait, we have a kid named Kassian who fits that profile. Kass needs more than the passing glance he got last night vs. Minny...let the kid play with the Sedins, AV.

Edited by disisdayear, 11 March 2013 - 10:20 PM.

#7 UFTcan

UFTcan

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:28 PM

The dude was 6'1" 210 lbs. with decent wheels, heavy shot, willing to go the dirty areas to create space for the twins. Sounds just like the kind of player the Canucks need right...not saying Carter (he's 38-39 years old now), but someone like him...oh wait, we have a kid named Kassian who fits that profile. Kass needs more than the passing glance he got last night vs. Minny...let the kid play with the Sedins, AV.

like at the beginning of the season when kassian was on fire?

Ya that made no sense had to break that up ASAP, before he demands that Anson Carter money, lol

#8 Butters Stoch

Butters Stoch

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,769 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:01 PM

It was really disappointing when we couldn't keep him, that guy was G.

sig by Malkin71

#9 spliced

spliced

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,321 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:20 PM

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

#10 TimberWolf

TimberWolf

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:25 PM

Guess I should live in the past and give credit where it is not due, 8 teams in 12 years shows how good of a team player he was in his nhl career. So no i dont give a crap about former players who made a quick living off the sedin bro's, tried to cash in on it failed and career died.

Dammit, now I am missing the hell out of Trent Klatt

I was saying Lu-Urns...

star-wars-hockey-goal.gif?w=284

#11 Gross-Misconduct

Gross-Misconduct

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • 5,602 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:30 PM

How bout the Bra-barian? Remember him? The triplet? What's he up to these days?

Edited by Gross-Misconduct, 11 March 2013 - 09:30 PM.

HpkJUPw.jpg

Credit to KingAlex for the sig. R.I.P.

#12 UFTcan

UFTcan

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:36 PM

How bout the Bra-barian? Remember him? The triplet? What's he up to these days?

He works at La Vie en rose in coquitlam center.. Dont mention his NHL career and you get 10% off ur purchases!

#13 Gross-Misconduct

Gross-Misconduct

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • 5,602 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:37 PM

He works at La Vie en rose in coquitlam center.. Dont mention his NHL career and you get 10% off ur purchases!

+ 1 :lol:

HpkJUPw.jpg

Credit to KingAlex for the sig. R.I.P.

#14 Gustavo Fring

Gustavo Fring

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:39 PM

People bash anson carter like no tomorrow. Just remember, he wouldnt have gotten his goals if it wasnt for his ability to go to the net and his somewhat great anticipation of passes.

I believe Nonis shouldve re signed anson. I mean if raymond was awarded 2.5 mill for his 25 goals, AC shouldve at least got raymond money.
Posted Image

#15 allkill326

allkill326

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:40 PM

I wouldn't call him a fool, but he left Vancouver for more a difference of 600 000k or soemthing like that to join the Hurricanes. The Sedins literally resurrected his career, making him a 30 goal scorer once again. Dave Nonis gave him a generous offer of 1.8 million for a 2 year contract despite on a decline. Indeed he is one of the best line mates for the Sedin.

It all depends on not only his career circumstances but also his personal. You never know what is truly going on around him. What you're saying is your perspective on what is happening around him.
Posted Image

#16 gaydar

gaydar

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:45 PM

You're a very bitter guy aren't ya?

#17 CookieCrumbs

CookieCrumbs

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,069 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:59 PM

He also had 22, 24, 25 and 28 goal seasons. His only success wasn't with the Sedins.

#18 UFTcan

UFTcan

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:06 PM

He also had 22, 24, 25 and 28 goal seasons. His only success wasn't with the Sedins.

Success on piss poor teams means he is what? David Booth?

#19 ccc44

ccc44

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,423 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:09 PM

I wonder were Burrows would be if he never got a shot with the Sedins ? He would have been another 3rd or 4th liner who killed penaltys making a mil a year and not have the multi year extension making over 4 a year
Posted Image
SHOTS ! SHOTS ! SHOTS !

#20 CookieCrumbs

CookieCrumbs

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,069 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:10 PM

Success on piss poor teams means he is what? David Booth?

It's harder to have success on a sh*t team genius.

#21 allkill326

allkill326

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:13 PM

Why would you judge, if your judgment skills clearly suck?

You can't just offhand judge a former above-average winger for making decision to play as he wants in the NHL.
Posted Image

#22 UFTcan

UFTcan

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:23 PM

Well pretty obvious to me if your on a crappy team your ice time will go up significantly, just ask Cody Hodgeson..

You will have more of a chance to showcase yourself on special teams cause there are less talented players blocking you from getting a shot.

If you screw up cost your team a game with risky chances or poor defensive coverage you will still play next game cause your team is a loser and their expectations are much lower to win. And bottom line they have no one to replace you with thats better.

But id love to hear you arguement how playing on a poor team is harder, genius..

#23 cIutch

cIutch

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:23 PM

The dude was 6'1" 210 lbs. with decent wheels, heavy shot, willing to go the dirty areas to create space for the twins. Sounds just like the kind of player the Canucks need right now...not saying Carter (he's 38-39 years old now), but someone like him...oh wait, we have a kid named Kassian who fits that profile. Kass needs more than the passing glance he got last night vs. Minny...let the kid play with the Sedins, AV.

yeah they really need to give kass some more time with the twins

and they need to teach him how to screen the goalie better
Posted Image

#24 CookieCrumbs

CookieCrumbs

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,069 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:08 PM

Well pretty obvious to me if your on a crappy team your ice time will go up significantly, just ask Cody Hodgeson..

You will have more of a chance to showcase yourself on special teams cause there are less talented players blocking you from getting a shot.

If you screw up cost your team a game with risky chances or poor defensive coverage you will still play next game cause your team is a loser and their expectations are much lower to win. And bottom line they have no one to replace you with thats better.

But id love to hear you arguement how playing on a poor team is harder, genius..

Yeah, I'll go ask Cody "Hodgeson". Post discredited.

#25 UFTcan

UFTcan

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:16 PM

Yeah, I'll go ask Cody "Hodgeson". Post discredited.

Yep only 2-3 points behind the sedins, more goals then anyone on our team..

guess stats and thinking or thought out responses just aren't your thing.

#26 RiCHC3

RiCHC3

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,165 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:17 PM

I loved Anson when he was here and it was terrible to see him go as he seemed to have so much chemistry with the Sedins.

Let's be honest though, we low-balled him on an offer just like we did with Torres and a few other players. It's was really a spit in the face by management.

#27 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,541 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:20 PM

People bash anson carter like no tomorrow. Just remember, he wouldnt have gotten his goals if it wasnt for his ability to go to the net and his somewhat great anticipation of passes.

I believe Nonis shouldve re signed anson. I mean if raymond was awarded 2.5 mill for his 25 goals, AC shouldve at least got raymond money.

That was 5 years later Raymond got 2.5. You gotta consider inflation, the cap went from 44 to 59mill or something like that over those 5 years

#28 CookieCrumbs

CookieCrumbs

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,069 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:22 PM

Yep only 2-3 points behind the sedins, more goals then anyone on our team..

guess stats and thinking or thought out responses just aren't your thing.

"guess stats and thinking or thought out responses just aren't your thing"

Haha oh Lord. Sounds good Cody "Hodgeson". You must be a really big "Hodgeson" fan. Follow him closely I presume?

#29 UFTcan

UFTcan

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:34 PM

"guess stats and thinking or thought out responses just aren't your thing"

Haha oh Lord. Sounds good Cody "Hodgeson". You must be a really big "Hodgeson" fan. Follow him closely I presume?

3 posts and still waiting for you to say anything..

wheres you argument about how much harder it is to do well on piss poor teams?

When you have no ammo to back up your words maybe pointing out a spelling mistake will distract a non observant poster from your original fail statement??

You got nothing to say, and the attention span of a goldfish, your fun to flame.

#30 Sestito29

Sestito29

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:05 AM

This. People seem to forget that.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.