The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Former Vancouver Canuck Anson Carter WATN

Pasific Coluseum

The dude was 6'1" 210 lbs. with decent wheels, heavy shot, willing to go the dirty areas to create space for the twins. Sounds just like the kind of player the Canucks need right now...not saying Carter (he's 38-39 years old now), but someone like him...oh wait, we have a kid named Kassian who fits that profile. Kass needs more than the passing glance he got last night vs. Minny...let the kid play with the Sedins, AV.

Well pretty obvious to me if your on a crappy team your ice time will go up significantly, just ask Cody Hodgeson..

You will have more of a chance to showcase yourself on special teams cause there are less talented players blocking you from getting a shot.

If you screw up cost your team a game with risky chances or poor defensive coverage you will still play next game cause your team is a loser and their expectations are much lower to win. And bottom line they have no one to replace you with thats better.

But id love to hear you arguement how playing on a poor team is harder, genius..

I loved Anson when he was here and it was terrible to see him go as he seemed to have so much chemistry with the Sedins.

Let's be honest though, we low-balled him on an offer just like we did with Torres and a few other players. It's was really a spit in the face by management.

People bash anson carter like no tomorrow. Just remember, he wouldnt have gotten his goals if it wasnt for his ability to go to the net and his somewhat great anticipation of passes.

I believe Nonis shouldve re signed anson. I mean if raymond was awarded 2.5 mill for his 25 goals, AC shouldve at least got raymond money.

To be fair, Sedins were new back then and people didn't study their game like they did nowaday. That's why anson can just park in front of the net and wait for the Sedins to pass

The same trick won't work that well even if we resign him at that time

Well pretty obvious to me if your on a crappy team your ice time will go up significantly, just ask Cody Hodgeson..

You will have more of a chance to showcase yourself on special teams cause there are less talented players blocking you from getting a shot.

If you screw up cost your team a game with risky chances or poor defensive coverage you will still play next game cause your team is a loser and their expectations are much lower to win. And bottom line they have no one to replace you with thats better.

But id love to hear you arguement how playing on a poor team is harder, genius..

The dude was 6'1" 210 lbs. with decent wheels, heavy shot, willing to go the dirty areas to create space for the twins. Sounds just like the kind of player the Canucks need right now...not saying Carter (he's 38-39 years old now), but someone like him...oh wait, we have a kid named Kassian who fits that profile. Kass needs more than the passing glance he got last night vs. Minny...let the kid play with the Sedins, AV.

Archived