The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Can Schneider save this team?

Makall

Increasingly, this year I am seeing thread after thread flaming Luongo when we lose a game - and he's only playing HALF the time. But when Schneider plays and loses, it's the defense or the whole team sucks.

And quite frankly, most of the games loss this season were by Schneider. Nevertheless, Schneider is made out to be the messiah of the Vancouver Canucks. He will solve all problems and win. He will get us the Stanley Cup. He will cure cancer.

Looking at the evidence, I don't know how Schneider came to be the Messiah of Vancouver.

-2011 Luongo in net and we get to Game 7 of Stanley Cup Finals. The outcome of which caused a riot because of how important of a game it was to Vancouver and Canucks.

-2012 Luongo in net and we get President's Trophy AGAIN and make the playoffs AGAIN. But because of the constant psychological r ape cause by Vancouver residents, Luongo breaks. A man can only take so many death threats by bandwagoners before he snaps and goes into a depression. Yet he takes the fall again for the loss and another riot (smaller) forms calling for Luongo to be traded.

-2013 Schneider gets his chance to shine as the messiah. He's getting over 50% of the games and look at where we are now. We are doing even worse than since Luongo got backed up. President's Trophy? We will be lucky to even get to the playoffs this year which I doubt if Schneider continues as "number 1".

Is the power of Schneiderman waning? Or rather did he even have any power in the first place and it wasn't just hype. I have a feeling that Schneider will not get us to the playoffs, let alone save the team with his mysterious powers.

But I bet I know who's going to take the blame again for the fails this year. Luongo. The best scapegoat we ever had. The scheneider fans will most likely ignore the stats and say that Luongo playing half the games (even though he won most of them) made Schneider worse or that he used a voodoo curse on the team.

neither goalie deserves any blame. this team's flaws right now go well beyond the crease. we've scored more than two goals only twice in our last 8 games ... doesn't matter who is goalie, no tender is going to 'save' the canucks ... it's going to take an entire team turnaround. and it starts with goal scoring, not goal saving.

Frankly I'm sick of these Lou fan versus Schneider fan threads. Did we really need yet another? There's plenty to add this to.

I'd prefer to keep Schneider but at this point I'd just like to see one of the two traded for an offensive upgrade and move on. Althouigh the threads will simply change to: "We traded the wrong goalie" for the next few years after every bad loss.

I'm not trying to bash Lou by saying this but you blind if you can't understand why there is resentment for him, I'll give you a hint it has nothing to do with the reg season.

Lou almost every year has slow starts and bad numbers at the start of the season. This year he has played much better to start but anyone who is a Lou and starts to rag on Cory for not having a great first 14 games (some have been good) is just trolling and ignoring the fact that even your superstar Lou almost every year has had similar starts.

The fans didn't start turning on Lou till three playoff meltdowns. It's only out of spite that anyone would be pointing there finger at Cory or Lou this season and just trolling. They both have played well and both have played poor but goaltending has not been the problem with the nucks this season.

Remember that season, where we couldn't score a goal to save our lives?

Who was the goalie that came in and single-handedly brought us to the playoffs? He's usually sitting on the bench for some reason, and tonight he makes his return.

Archived