The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Can Schneider save this team?

Makall

Here's the thing with either Schneider or Luongo: They're human. They have good days and bad days. They get sick. They get tired. They get stressed. They will never be perfect. Neither is a god, nor a savior.

Both of these guys are good goalies. We'll hopefully be in good hands with either of them. I just wish fans could climb off their backs so they could be in good hands with us for a change.

My opinion keep Luongo ,trade Schneider. Not just now ,but I filing nervousness if the other team going over our blue line,if Schneider is the goalie. This guy is good , but never "never" coming close to Luongo!

Any other team kiss Luongo a... every day , only Vancouver want her to go. Big mistake , take that to the bank!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Woah, what a claim? Biggest mistake in team history. WOW. Even if Schneider only provided this team with average goaltending or even worse sub par goaltending he's only got a 3 year deal with a 4mil cap hit. Not the worst thing in the world, Now on the other hand It would cost this team a great deal more if say we traded Cory and kept Luongo only to have him choke in the playoffs again & again, Then we'd be stuck with the 5.3 cap hit for the next 9 years. Much bigger mistake.

I don't know what ball your talking about but this year there is only 2 games where goalies could be the blame for the loss. Game 1 vs Anaheim (Cory played in net) and our 8-3 blowout in Detroit. (Luongo played). This team has played pourly, No goalie has a GA of 0 and a SA% of 1.0 so how can you expect Cory to have this. He has played great, so has Luongo but unless you expect these goalies to be perfect their should be no blame on the goalies.

As much as I agree that our last issue right now is goaltending, Schneider has let in some horrible goals at the worst time this season to suck life out of our team. People used to blame Luongo for letting in a bad first or last goal and for playing with inconsistencies (as well as not being able to handle the puck behind the net) and this season that has been Schneider's game so far. Meanwhile Luongo looks like the consistent, calm, cool and collected guy in net.

They've had a complete role reversal, probably due to the change in pressure, and to be honest Luongo dealt with the pressure of being a starting goalie MUCH better than Schneider is right now.

Schneider has dug this team into a bit of a rut lately, if anyone's going to save this team it's Luongo. All you Schneider fan boys, you can't try and argue with me that Schneider is better than Luongo - just look at the stats, the same stats that propelled Schneider into his starting role are now his biggest enemy. Simply: Luongo gives the Canucks a better chance to win hockey games, and that's what we need right now, not some kid project who will be peaking in 3 years time.

As much as I agree that our last issue right now is goaltending, Schneider has let in some horrible goals at the worst time this season to suck life out of our team. People used to blame Luongo for letting in a bad first or last goal and for playing with inconsistencies (as well as not being able to handle the puck behind the net) and this season that has been Schneider's game so far. Meanwhile Luongo looks like the consistent, calm, cool and collected guy in net.

They've had a complete role reversal, probably due to the change in pressure, and to be honest Luongo dealt with the pressure of being a starting goalie MUCH better than Schneider is right now.

Schneider has dug this team into a bit of a rut lately, if anyone's going to save this team it's Luongo. All you Schneider fan boys, you can't try and argue with me that Schneider is better than Luongo - just look at the stats, the same stats that propelled Schneider into his starting role are now his biggest enemy. Simply: Luongo gives the Canucks a better chance to win hockey games, and that's what we need right now, not some kid project who will be peaking in 3 years time.

I think for a lot of people Cory's greatest asset was that he was NOT Luongo. After the playoff losses, people were wanting something to give hope and to focus on, whether it was reality based or not.

He is a great goalie but looks like he is human afterall (I still think Luongo today is a better goalie/ Maybe not so much in two years).

Schneider has played flat out horrible in just about everygame he has played this year besides maybe 2-3 games anyone who is still saying to trade luongo and move ahead with schneider is either a complete jacka$$ or just have to much "pride" to admit they were wrong because there is absolutely no chance in hell this team ever makes a run at the cup without luongo in net unless we make some huge trade and pick up another allstar goalie because schneider sure as sh!t isnt gonna take us there im so sick of the management and owners of this team put luongo in and give the team a chance to win everynight like we have for more than half a decade and trade schneider and get some kind of assets that we need for this team which we all know we have a lot of empty spaces to be filled

Schneider has played flat out horrible in just about everygame he has played this year besides maybe 2-3 games anyone who is still saying to trade luongo and move ahead with schneider is either a complete jacka$$ or just have to much "pride" to admit they were wrong because there is absolutely no chance in hell this team ever makes a run at the cup without luongo in net unless we make some huge trade and pick up another allstar goalie because schneider sure as sh!t isnt gonna take us there im so sick of the management and owners of this team put luongo in and give the team a chance to win everynight like we have for more than half a decade and trade schneider and get some kind of assets that we need for this team which we all know we have a lot of empty spaces to be filled

Archived