The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Can Schneider save this team?

Makall

Schneider has played flat out horrible in just about everygame he has played this year besides maybe 2-3 games anyone who is still saying to trade luongo and move ahead with schneider is either a complete jacka$$ or just have to much "pride" to admit they were wrong because there is absolutely no chance in hell this team ever makes a run at the cup without luongo in net unless we make some huge trade and pick up another allstar goalie because schneider sure as sh!t isnt gonna take us there im so sick of the management and owners of this team put luongo in and give the team a chance to win everynight like we have for more than half a decade and trade schneider and get some kind of assets that we need for this team which we all know we have a lot of empty spaces to be filled

I have been silent for a long time but this is starting to drive me mental... I just want to highlight a few things here about what people have forgotten.

1. The fact that before Lu came around playoffs were not guaranteed!

2. The first season Lu was here... we had no goal scoring much like right now and we still made it into the playoffs.

3. A lot of the players we have now resigned or signed because Lu was here... Believe it or not... an elite goaltender is a big draw to play in front of!

4. I hate these threads about Lu and melt down performances in the playoffs. I will post a video that I jacked from another thread. Its shows all the goals that Lu let in against the hawks... 21 to be exact and I want you guys to watch it and ask yourself how far away from the net are these goals being scored. Is this Lu's fault or is it our defenses fault for not being tough and clearing the net. Really watch this video and ask yourself could any goalie really do much on those goals?

5. I could go on but no one would want to read so here is the video:

As much as I agree that our last issue right now is goaltending, Schneider has let in some horrible goals at the worst time this season to suck life out of our team. People used to blame Luongo for letting in a bad first or last goal and for playing with inconsistencies (as well as not being able to handle the puck behind the net) and this season that has been Schneider's game so far. Meanwhile Luongo looks like the consistent, calm, cool and collected guy in net.

They've had a complete role reversal, probably due to the change in pressure, and to be honest Luongo dealt with the pressure of being a starting goalie MUCH better than Schneider is right now.

Schneider has dug this team into a bit of a rut lately, if anyone's going to save this team it's Luongo. All you Schneider fan boys, you can't try and argue with me that Schneider is better than Luongo - just look at the stats, the same stats that propelled Schneider into his starting role are now his biggest enemy. Simply: Luongo gives the Canucks a better chance to win hockey games, and that's what we need right now, not some kid project who will be peaking in 3 years time.

The team doesn't need saving. This team, just like the 29 others, will reap what it sows. If everyone knows their role and everyone plays hard then the team will succeed, if not, they will not. It's remarkably simple what wins hockey games, although you wouldn't know it by reading the forums on CDC.

What is wrong with some of the fans here? Lol luongo has had over 5 seasons as a Canuck to prove himself which he undoubtfully has but he has also had many of the worst chokes we have seen a Canuck goalie have in a long while(too many to list) but besides all that were ragging on Schneider who has played 13 games as a starter and having to share the number 1 spot countless times, how can u expect him to find his stride right away and all I'm saying is that if we gave luongo the benefit of the doubt and let him have numerous starts after many failures in net we can at least give schneider more then a lousy 13 games to prove himself. If we trade Schneider and get nothing back, and luongo stays till he retires then the canucks will once again be a goalie graveyard and goaltending will be one of our main issues ONCE AGAIN!

Luongo have proven his worth before he was a canuck.. he's been standing on his head daily in Florida where defense in that division is almost non existent.. before Luongo came to Vancouver he already proven he is a starter and no we didn't give Luongo numerous start. the management did. the fans here wanted to run luongo out of town already after the 2nd chicago series. don't kid yourself.. if vancouver played with the same players they had at the end of the series against boston. they get owned by the boston 99/100 times missing dman, injured top 2 lines suspended player.. Schneider undoubtly is an awesome goalie and will hopefully continue to get better. but there's no sure thing as to Schneider is guaranteed to be the next top 5 goalies in the league. there's plenty of goalies that were expected and played like they are top 10 the first couple years and then fall back to nothing but an average goalie.. we still don't know what we have in Schneider. find what stride right away? he's like the only player that's been playing the entire season albeit was in europe.. but he should be already in his stride.. and he's proven last couple years he can come in and play at anytime and be spectacular.. so why couldn't he just continue that this year and have to worry about Luongo?? if he's performing pretty averagely because he's worried about Luongo taking over the starting job again.. then we have a goalie with confidence issue and can't handle the pressure of having someone challenge for the position lol...

if you trade schneider and get nothing back then that just means ppl ain't that high on Schneider eh? it doesn't matter whether we trade Schneider or Luongo.. Vancouver is and will forever be a goalie graveyard as the retarded fans and media tries their hardest to run their goalies out of town after a few season anyways.. Vancouver probably won't even be competitive in a few years anyways.. so chances are Schneider might not even re-sign here.. i mean if your goal ultimately is to win the cup.. then it obviously ain't going to happen in vancouver few years later. Sedins will be past prime. Kesler same.. D men will be old.. we have absolutely nothing coming up in the system that's going to be a superstar.. we are going to be like the oilers playing golf in spring and hoping to get the lottery pick.. Who here actually thinks we'll be competitive still once Schneider contract expires?? you think we can miraculously sign a bunch of high end free agents and continue to be dominant? Oiler is only going to get better.. colorado is already pretty good. minnesota will continue their boring hockey and calgary who knows what will happen to them as long as jay feaster is there.. but of us anyways future looks terrible beyond this season and next 1 or 2

Intersetinng that a Schnieder bashing thread has quickly become yet another Luongo defending thread.

Schnieder is a good to average goalie, Luongo is a great goalie. The difference is Luongo still craps the bed when the pressure is on, the end result is the same, with a lot more drama. Fool me once shame on you foll me twice shame on me, fool me three times...

Intersetinng that a Schnieder bashing thread has quickly become yet another Luongo defending thread.

Schnieder is a good to average goalie, Luongo is a great goalie. The difference is Luongo still craps the bed when the pressure is on, the end result is the same, with a lot more drama. Fool me once shame on you foll me twice shame on me, fool me three times...

As much as I agree that our last issue right now is goaltending, Schneider has let in some horrible goals at the worst time this season to suck life out of our team. People used to blame Luongo for letting in a bad first or last goal and for playing with inconsistencies (as well as not being able to handle the puck behind the net) and this season that has been Schneider's game so far. Meanwhile Luongo looks like the consistent, calm, cool and collected guy in net.

They've had a complete role reversal, probably due to the change in pressure, and to be honest Luongo dealt with the pressure of being a starting goalie MUCH better than Schneider is right now.

Schneider has dug this team into a bit of a rut lately, if anyone's going to save this team it's Luongo. All you Schneider fan boys, you can't try and argue with me that Schneider is better than Luongo - just look at the stats, the same stats that propelled Schneider into his starting role are now his biggest enemy. Simply: Luongo gives the Canucks a better chance to win hockey games, and that's what we need right now, not some kid project who will be peaking in 3 years time.

Archived