The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Can Schneider save this team?

Makall

I think that's a big part of it lol some people just don't want to admit they were wrong, they thought for sure Luongo would be traded and Schneider would carry this team. Nope

Even some of the analysts that were saying Luongo will be traded and it's Schneider's turn have changed their minds and are now saying they won't be surprised if Schneider is in fact traded, even they can admit they were wrong. yet some people on here think they know better than them

He has to save himself first, his performance has been close to abysmal this season, 2nd Unless he can magically play defence and offense there is no saving the team. Our whole team has to sack up and play better there is no more room for error when it comes to making the playoffs this season.

In our division the 3 bottom teams are only between 4-6 points behind us and in our conference we are in a 6th with 2 other teams with same amount of points and 3 more 2 points or less behind us .Time to start playing like they deserve the paycheques they are receiving

So don't blame Luongo for anything, blame the team in front of him?

But he's the greatest goalie the Canucks have ever had, shouldn't that give us some kind of edge?

There are a lot of fans tired of the Luongo drama and would rather see an average goalie that gets lit up and knocked out in the first or second round of the playoffs than "The Greatest Goalie Ever" getting lit up and knocked out in the first round of the playoffs.

If he's so damn great then he doesn't get endless excuses, if the Canucks get knocked out early this year or don't make the playoffs, we can just blame the pending trade drama for his poor performance. As opposed to his wife, his kids, his contract, his injury, his Captaincy, pumping his tires, Byfuglien, Holmstrom, the coach leaving him in net, the coach pulling him too soon, not playing enough games, playing too many games, afternoon games, long travel, back-to-back games, Olympic fatigue, and the team in front of him.

LOL wtf.,. When has it ever been suggested Schneider is here as the "saviour".. Schneider is being considered the future here because Luongos playoff meltdowns have made everyone second guess him including management..

It really doesn't matter who is in net now if the team keeps playing the way they have we aren't going to be winning that many games.

Oh and both goalies have been taking crap after every game this year not just Luongo. Its a joke.

As much as I agree that our last issue right now is goaltending, Schneider has let in some horrible goals at the worst time this season to suck life out of our team. People used to blame Luongo for letting in a bad first or last goal and for playing with inconsistencies (as well as not being able to handle the puck behind the net) and this season that has been Schneider's game so far. Meanwhile Luongo looks like the consistent, calm, cool and collected guy in net.

They've had a complete role reversal, probably due to the change in pressure, and to be honest Luongo dealt with the pressure of being a starting goalie MUCH better than Schneider is right now.

Schneider has dug this team into a bit of a rut lately, if anyone's going to save this team it's Luongo. All you Schneider fan boys, you can't try and argue with me that Schneider is better than Luongo - just look at the stats, the same stats that propelled Schneider into his starting role are now his biggest enemy. Simply: Luongo gives the Canucks a better chance to win hockey games, and that's what we need right now, not some kid project who will be peaking in 3 years time.

From what I have seen this season, I believe we should run with Lui. He has been a class act and has played well. Schneider is decent and has potential but there is a big difference between being a starter and a reliable back up. Vancouver should trade him especially if they can pick up much needed missing pieces.

It is not up to a goalie to save the team. Look at how horrid the team has been. Look at all the players who are in the midst of scoring droughts. Look at the 0/10000 PP. What is a goalie supposed to do about those things?

If we need a goalie to "save this team" we don't stand a chance in the playoffs. We are better than that. Our team as a whole needs to step it up.

Increasingly, this year I am seeing thread after thread flaming Luongo when we lose a game - and he's only playing HALF the time.  But when Schneider plays and loses, it's the defense or the whole team sucks.

And quite frankly, most of the games loss this season were by Schneider.  Nevertheless, Schneider is made out to be the messiah of the Vancouver Canucks.  He will solve all problems and win.  He will get us the Stanley Cup.  He will cure cancer.

Looking at the evidence, I don't know how Schneider came to be the Messiah of Vancouver.

-2011 Luongo in net and we get to Game 7 of Stanley Cup Finals.  The outcome of which caused a riot because of how important of a game it was to Vancouver and Canucks.  

-2012 Luongo in net and we get President's Trophy AGAIN and make the playoffs AGAIN.  But because of the constant psychological r ape cause by Vancouver residents, Luongo breaks.  A man can only take so many death threats by bandwagoners before he snaps and goes into a depression.  Yet he takes the fall again for the loss and another riot (smaller) forms calling for Luongo to be traded.

-2013 Schneider gets his chance to shine as the messiah.  He's getting over 50% of the games and look at where we are now.  We are doing even worse than since Luongo got backed up.  President's Trophy? We will be lucky to even get to the playoffs this year which I doubt if Schneider continues as "number 1".

Is the power of Schneiderman waning? Or rather did he even have any power in the first place and it wasn't just hype.  I have a feeling that Schneider will not get us to the playoffs, let alone save the team with his mysterious powers.

But I bet I know who's going to take the blame again for the fails this year.  Luongo.  The best scapegoat we ever had.  The scheneider fans will most likely ignore the stats and say that Luongo playing half the games (even though he won most of them) made Schneider worse or that he used a voodoo curse on the team.

Archived