10 replies to this topic

#1 Assistant GM

Assistant GM

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:51 AM

With the Canucks recent struggles on the PP, it is obvious that change is needed. It doesn't take a genius to figure out we are wasting one of the most dangerous shots in the league.

Roll the tapes -

Garrison broke the Panthers' record for most PP goals by a defenseman for a reason, it's time AV started utilizing our assets.

Edler may have seniority on the team, and possibly favoritism from AV, but it's time for him to go. He hasn't even been able to keep the puck in at the blue line let alone score a goal.

With Schroeder gone, who would you put on the point to set up Garrison? Hank? Ballard?

#2 kanucks1

kanucks1

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:29 PM

dBallard
Posted Image

CDC Fantasy League GM Chicago Blackhawks

#3 Watermelons

Watermelons

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,593 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:35 PM

I hope Ballard is given a chance

tumblr_lv6jbk180f1r5jtugo1_250.gif  Kirby_eats_a_watermelon.gif 

#4 ghjffbali

ghjffbali

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:35 PM

I honestly think Barker should continue to be paired with Garrison on the PP. Garrison needs someone to feed him the puck and Edler has struggled to do that.

#5 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:53 PM

Ballard the best skating puck moving d-man we have not being used is a big problem. Ehrhoff helped the pp out a lot because of his ability to carry the puck in and get it set up.

Ballard can carry the puck in, and seems like a guy that would be good for setting up one timers for Garrison. I swear AV really would risk job before trying Ballard out on the pp. In FLA he was used in all situations, was the leading shot blocker in the NHL when we got him. FLA didn't give him a 4.2mil contract just for fun
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#6 riffraff

riffraff

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,068 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:00 PM

I am baffled by barker over Ballard.....

Man that's good.
Posted Image

CanucksSayEh, on 12 March 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:
When the playoffs come around, nobody is scared of getting in a fight, but every night, they get their mom to check under the bed for Raffi Torres.

#7 apollo

apollo

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,078 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:27 PM

Ballard the best skating puck moving d-man we have not being used is a big problem. Ehrhoff helped the pp out a lot because of his ability to carry the puck in and get it set up.

Ballard can carry the puck in, and seems like a guy that would be good for setting up one timers for Garrison. I swear AV really would risk job before trying Ballard out on the pp. In FLA he was used in all situations, was the leading shot blocker in the NHL when we got him. FLA didn't give him a 4.2mil contract just for fun

Argg it pains me to read that... I just wana scream at AV. Completely agree with u. Bieksa is pretty good at carrying the Puck in too,.

WHATCHU GONNA DO WHEN MILLERMANIA RUNS WILDDDD ON YOU?!

Florida Panthers GM -  2014-15 Shapheat FHL

#8 the grinder

the grinder

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:59 PM

fix the powerplay plant kassian in front of the net with the twins elder and garrison with bombs or maybe try burrows on the point, why not try that , the power play hasnt worked try something different , maybe we can get that dirty goal finally on the powerplay

#9 Pistachios

Pistachios

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,926 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:25 AM

LOL @ Ballard

Ballard is a good skater but he is not a finesse guy with the puck. And If he was so crucial to the PP in FLA, why did they trade him?

I'd go with Hamhuis. He sees the ice well and knows where to pass.

G4fSut.gif

#10 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:19 AM

LOL @ Ballard

Ballard is a good skater but he is not a finesse guy with the puck. And If he was so crucial to the PP in FLA, why did they trade him?

I'd go with Hamhuis. He sees the ice well and knows where to pass.

Hamhuis is our top defensive shutdown guy. He can play pp but I'd prefer Ballard. He was not crucial to the PP in FLA but was playing it. Look at what we traded to get him, that is why they traded him
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#11 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,070 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:24 AM

I'd shift Edler/Hamhuis to the 2nd pp and put Garrison/Bieksa on the 1st.
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Discussion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.