The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Booth either getting bought out or traded

On TSN radio right now, Bob McKenzie talking about Booth. Suggesting he'll be traded so the Canucks will bring I'm Versteeg - if no one will take him he's apparently candidate for an amnesty buyout.

Update: Forgot one thing - Bobby Mac also said that the Canucks are willing to move any picks in the draft, and only the top prospects are untouchable

Will post a recording/source later if I can, but I'm not the only one who heard it - @Taj1944 is live tweeting it at the moment

I really like the idea of getting Versteeg. However I do not want us to trade away our draft picks. We need to start building up our prospect pool and this draft is the ideal time to do that. This draft is INSANELY deep. So deep that I had to put insanely in caps. That's how deep it is.

I really like the idea of getting Versteeg. However I do not want us to trade away our draft picks. We need to start building up our prospect pool and this draft is the ideal time to do that. This draft is INSANELY deep. So deep that I had to put insanely in caps. That's how deep it is.

I care infinately less about Booth "showing a good jump" than actually putting the fracking puck in the net even once in a while.

Sounds like all Bobby is doing is speculating as is the norm for him when it comes to the Nucks.

The buyout candidates haven't changed since the summer. It's always been Ballard or Booth or both, or whichever of the two they can't gift away.

Garrison at least gets minutes, GPG ain't too bad, +/- is nice, 2nd assists (a la Hamhuis) are wanting but that will come. A year behind him and a full training camp should clear up hiccups in his D zone breakout game.

Not sure about Versteeg. The guy has moved an awful lot for a relatively young player.

Archived