The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Booth either getting bought out or traded

Dude you need to calm down.

EDIT: And way to focus on the negatives. I could do the exact opposite but just focusing on the positives.

Too early to tell what the Kassian/Hodgson trade is going to look like. And Kassian has improved immensely over last season. He's gone from getting roughly 4 minutes a game to around 13 minutes.

Signed Tanev

Signed the Sedin's to a $6.1 million each

Signed Kesler to a $5 million dollar deal when he could have gotten a lot more else where

It's too early to judge Garrison. Just remember James Neal.

First GM since 1994 to lead our team to a Stanley Cup Final.

He drafted Nicklas Jensen at 29th overall. And although it is too early to judge him, he put up goal totals in the SEL comparable to that of Daniel Sedin.

Signed Hamhuis for a price way lower than what other teams were offering.

He has made it possible for the Canucks to keep all of their core players because of the internal team cap he has imposed.

Yeah Gillis has made a few mistakes during his tenure as the Canucks GM. But no one is perfect. I for one believe, to this day, that Gillis is one of, if not THE, best GM we have ever had.

Luongo for Versteeg and Campbell

Sauve and Florida's 3rd for Jagr

Booth, Ballard, 2014 1st or 2nd for Stastny

Sedin - Sedin - Jagr

Stastny - Kesler - Versteeg

Burrows - Raymond - Hansen

Higgins - Lapierre - Kassian

Hamhuis - Campbell

Edler - Tanev

Garrison - Bieksa

Schneider

Not sure if that's cap friendly but hoollllyyyyyyyy is that team stacked

AHAHA, you tell me it's too soon to judge the impact Kasssian will have on the Canucks, and yet you commend Gillis for drafting what you're implying is an impact player in Nicklas Jensen??? The kid hasn't played a single NHL game, and only two AHL games!! Your observational and argumentative skills are terrible, so don't bother talking to me.

AHAHA, you tell me it's too soon to judge the impact Kasssian will have on the Canucks, and yet you commend Gillis for drafting what you're implying is an impact player in Nicklas Jensen??? The kid hasn't played a single NHL game, and only two AHL games!! Your observational and argumentative skills are terrible, so don't bother talking to me.

Luongo for Versteeg and Campbell

Sauve and Florida's 3rd for Jagr

Booth, Ballard, 2014 1st or 2nd for Stastny

Sedin - Sedin - Jagr

Stastny - Kesler - Versteeg

Burrows - Raymond - Hansen

Higgins - Lapierre - Kassian

Hamhuis - Campbell

Edler - Tanev

Garrison - Bieksa

Schneider

Not sure if that's cap friendly but hoollllyyyyyyyy is that team stacked

"We're trading for David Booth to get a winger for Ryan Kesler."

Funny; we've never been given a chance to see them play together healthy for more than a few weeks.

Before we dump Booth, I think Gillis needs to have more play makers than those just named Sedin...

I can't believe anyone would be defending Booth's play in here. Yea he tries hard, but trying hard doesn't mean anyhting if it's not helping us win! He gets paid 4 million dollars to score goals, not skate around really fast.

I laugh when people want us to go out and get good players, yet don't wanna give up any draft picks. Either we're going for it now, or we're dismantling it and starting a rebuild. There's no in between at this point. Good players are going to cost us something of value, you have to face the facts.

If we have a chance to trade Booth and acquire Versteeg, you do it in a second. Versteeg has the ability to change games/series, while Booth is a third line checker at this point.

I'd do:

Luongo

Schroeder

2nd

Versteeg

Kopecky

Matthias

Sedin Sedin Kopecky

Burrows Kesler Kassian

Raymond Versteeg Hansen

Higgins Matthias Lapierre

Dude you need to calm down.

EDIT: And way to focus on the negatives. I could do the exact opposite but just focusing on the positives.

Too early to tell what the Kassian/Hodgson trade is going to look like. And Kassian has improved immensely over last season. He's gone from getting roughly 4 minutes a game to around 13 minutes.

Signed Tanev

Signed the Sedin's to a $6.1 million each

Signed Kesler to a $5 million dollar deal when he could have gotten a lot more else where

It's too early to judge Garrison. Just remember James Neal.

First GM since 1994 to lead our team to a Stanley Cup Final.

He drafted Nicklas Jensen at 29th overall. And although it is too early to judge him, he put up goal totals in the SEL comparable to that of Daniel Sedin.

Signed Hamhuis for a price way lower than what other teams were offering.

He has made it possible for the Canucks to keep all of their core players because of the internal team cap he has imposed.

Yeah Gillis has made a few mistakes during his tenure as the Canucks GM. But no one is perfect. I for one believe, to this day, that Gillis is one of, if not THE, best GM we have ever had.

Archived