The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Booth either getting bought out or traded

He still has 23 PTS in 35 GP on every other team he`s played on.

Booth has 1 point in 5 games. If you would rather go into the playoffs with Booth over Versteeg, then I don`t know what to tell you.

Kopecky is not a first liner, just like Burrows isn`t a first liner without the Sedins. And just like Samuelsson was only a first liner with the Sedins.

Kopecky provides something that this team has too little of right now; which is size and grit. He`s not afraid to go to the net and cause Havoc either. Something the Sedins thrive on when they get it. So he may not be a first liner on most teams, but he could be one on this team.

What an awful thread. Terrible read.

McKenzie is being passive aggressive - and he's not really on his game.

One of two things happening here - Bob is trolling MG or MG is trolling Bob.

Booth - not gonna be bought out.

AV was speaking highly of him (and Kassian) for a reason - Booth has a +22 relative corsi, only 41.1% offensive zone starts (54.4 finishes) - it's plain for the eye to see that he's playing some very good hockey despite not scoring a lot (and he is centered by a shutdown guy, Lapierre)...

MG - not going to trade away all his picks.

Don't buy a word of it. May as well be hockeyyyyinsiderrrrrr talking.

We wouldn't buy out Booth, we would trade him. And at this point Versteeg's value is low because of his 1 point in 9 games. That's when you acquire players. He wouldn't cost us more than a 3rd and a prospect at this point, which we might be able to get in a Booth trade.

Samuelsson and Burrows are not superior players. Both were 30-40 point guys before being put with the Sedins, just like Kopecky is a 30-40 point guy. Except for this season, where he's getting more ice time and on pace for a 50 point season.

He could do as much as Burrows offensively, and not get pushed around playing with the Sedins. He's a much better option than anything we've got in our top 6 outside of the Sedins right now. That shows how poor our guys have been up front.

I'm telling you right now, if we don't dump Booth and find an upgrade somewhere, we're gonna have another floater in our top 6, and struggle to score in the playoffs.

I can't say I'll miss him. If he had a lower cap hit, he would be a solid bottom 6 guy. He just doesn't seem to fit with Kesler who he was brought over to play with in the first place

We wouldn't buy out Booth, we would trade him. And at this point Versteeg's value is low because of his 1 point in 9 games. That's when you acquire players. He wouldn't cost us more than a 3rd and a prospect at this point, which we might be able to get in a Booth trade.

Samuelsson and Burrows are not superior players. Both were 30-40 point guys before being put with the Sedins, just like Kopecky is a 30-40 point guy. Except for this season, where he's getting more ice time and on pace for a 50 point season.

He could do as much as Burrows offensively, and not get pushed around playing with the Sedins. He's a much better option than anything we've got in our top 6 outside of the Sedins right now. That shows how poor our guys have been up front.

I'm telling you right now, if we don't dump Booth and find an upgrade somewhere, we're gonna have another floater in our top 6, and struggle to score in the playoffs.

So basically trade one bad contract for a even worse contract.... Versteeg? The Canucks have to many bad contracts, Ballard, Garrison, Luongo, Booth, and Edler all highly paid players with bad contract value on term, cap hit, or both.

Another $4+M player for the next 3 yrs from Fla? No thanks.

I don't see how he brings anything more than Booth does. Both have very similar underlying numbers. He's not going to get the TOI in Van that he does in Fla, def not the high PP TOI either. His ability to replicate what he did last yr in Fla in Van is likely non-existent for those reasons.

Gillis has to stop using the teams future to acquire these type of guys IMO. There are some decent UFAs this summer, sign one of them to a contract that's more affordable and you won't have to trade away the teams future.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Raymond - Stastny - Versteeg

Higgins - Kesler - Hansen

Sestito - Lapierre - Weise

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Edler - Tanev

Garrison - (?)

Booth and Ballard gone. That's a cup winning line-up if you ask me. Get Stastny and Versteeg please.

I care infinately less about Booth "showing a good jump" than actually putting the fracking puck in the net even once in a while.

Sounds like all Bobby is doing is speculating as is the norm for him when it comes to the Nucks.

The buyout candidates haven't changed since the summer. It's always been Ballard or Booth or both, or whichever of the two they can't gift away.

Garrison at least gets minutes, GPG ain't too bad, +/- is nice, 2nd assists (a la Hamhuis) are wanting but that will come. A year behind him and a full training camp should clear up hiccups in his D zone breakout game.

Not sure about Versteeg. The guy has moved an awful lot for a relatively young player.

So basically trade one bad contract for a even worse contract.... Versteeg? The Canucks have to many bad contracts, Ballard, Garrison, Luongo, Booth, and Edler all highly paid players with bad contract value on term, cap hit, or both.

Another $4+M player for the next 3 yrs from Fla? No thanks.

I don't see how he brings anything more than Booth does. Both have very similar underlying numbers. He's not going to get the TOI in Van that he does in Fla, def not the high PP TOI either. His ability to replicate what he did last yr in Fla in Van is likely non-existent for those reasons.

Gillis has to stop using the teams future to acquire these type of guys IMO. There are some decent UFAs this summer, sign one of them to a contract that's more affordable and you won't have to trade away the teams future.

Archived