The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Booth either getting bought out or traded

Lol at 'Versteeg can play center too'. On that note, so can mighty Kopecky, or whoever else we put in the middle. Doesn't mean they're any good at it.

Anyway, one of those teams not happy with their forwards and could take a chance on Booth is, well, us.

There's lots of teams that are unhappy with their forwards and would take a chance on Booth.

Kopecky has tapped his offensive upside, yet he's on pace for a career year...Yep, that makes sense. Samuelsson had appeared to have reached his offensive upside too; until he was put with the Sedins at age 33.

You underestimate the Sedins ability to turn third line players into stars.

How would a draft pick and an average prospect be selling the farm? Did we have to sell the farm for Higgins? Nope. And I would do that trade again any time. Versteeg can play center too. ;)

On a good team? Yes he is. However, by good i mean 2010 Hawks calibre, where they had Versteeg on the 3rd line. Kopecky is certainly not a 1st liner on any team.

Matthias is a big, 25yr old center who would thrive in AV's system. We certainly need a guy like him at the moment more than Kopecky or Versteeg.

Goc is 29yrs old. He would be more of a stopgap until some other solution somes up for our centerman woes.

Frankly, buying out Booth and then trading for Versteeg is a HORRIBLE idea on multiple fronts. So i hope it was all bs.

Versteeg throws a hit every couple games, blocks a shot every couple games, like Weiss and Fleischmann, gets a whole lot of ozone starts - not very good underlying numbers (and not terribly impressive scoring stats either) for a guy who gets first line minutes and top unit pp time - not going to be much of a physical or two-way presence, and playing with Kesler and Booth, I don't see him getting any more impressive than the context of his play in Florida.

Versteeg's been a career 22 goal scorer playing in opportune circumstances. Not sure what all the hype's about.

I personally would take a pass whether or not cap space had to be created/cleared to fit him in.

I wouldn't give up Booth one for one for him, let alone dump Booth and give up additional assets for him.

WE CANNOT KEEP TRADING HIGH DRAFT PICKS!

Hasn't anyone learned from the nonis and burke era where 2nd and 3rd round picks were tossed at the trade deadline as a desperate move.

Our prospect pool is at the bottom of the league.

Only reason we trade a 2nd rounder is if we get a 1st rounder in the trade or somewhere else.

Gillis better of learned his lesson from that 1st he gave up for ballard which could have been coyle, howden.

I heard this interview on team1040 with Bob and to be honest with you guys it was all just speculation.

Think this got a little out of hand in this thread,since a lot of what Bob said was due to having his teeth pulled to fill air time.

Florida is the obvious trading partner and thats all you can really take from that interview.

Archived