The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

AV getting a free pass

kassian 09

I never said they were thinking anything. I just said it is pretty rare to ever hear them say it even if they are thinking it.

We all have the right to our opinion though, don't we? Isn't that what a message board like this is for? If you think we are seeing effective coaching you should try watching some other teams. Then you will see just how sub par AV REALLY is.

I think AV has been given more of a chance then he would have on another team but I wouldn't call it a free pass. In years past I have thought that he mad changes and learns from his mistakes but this year it looks like he has taken a few steps back. May be time for a change.

Hear me out,

So i've never been a fan of AV's line juggling and mismanagement of our D, and I'm sure we all agree he should be fired. But what about the media? I'm hearing nothing on Spoetsnet,TSN or anything online about why AV should be fired. If it was any other canadian market with our skill level, or even without the skill, the media would be all over a possible coaches change.

What do you guys think? Too early or are we just wrong?

Sry if already posted found nothing.

(1) Every season is full of ups and downs.

(2) We're missing 2 of our best players (Bieksa and Kesler).

(3) MG has yet to resolve the goalie situation.

These are all factors that affect the team hugely, and none of them are within AV's control. He's got his problems (powerplay, line juggling, Garrison), of course. Consider how crap this team has looked recently, though, and we're still tied for 1st in our division.

Let's try to resist the urge to trade all the players, fire all the staff, demolish the arena, and slit our wrists.

Of course you have a right to your opinion, just as I have the right to disagree with it. However, when you claim your opinion as fact (exactly as you do in that last sentence) I will remind you that it is not fact and merely your opinion.

Just because a bunch of armchair GMs on an internet forum tell you that you know what you're talking about, doesn't make it so...

AV is coaching like an assclown. Favoritism and head scratching, counter-intuitive coaching decisions.

Look at Ottawa.......Spezza, Michalek, Anderson, Karlsson.........all injured. Yet they keep on winning and are competitive. You know why? Because their coach gets the most out of ALL the guys who are left standing.

AV and the Canucks use injuries to a top 4 D (who is not really playing well this season anyway) and a 2nd line center (who is selfish and played like crap when he was in the lineup) as an excuse for this level of mediocrity?

Come on.

The only line producing other than the Sedins will now have Ebbett as its center tonight.........that is all you need to know about who is responsible for this team's slide into the abyss.

Look at Ottawa.......Spezza, Michalek, Anderson, Karlsson.........all injured.

Firstly, you choose a team not in the Canucks conference. Secondly they have played 2 more games and (if they were in the WC) if we win these games we are a point ahead. Thirdly you neither factor in that they may have better coaching and affiliate strength to call from or that they play a totally different system.. The whole comparison is spurious.

Your 3rd para only reinforces the arguement for upgrades and additions which are well past due. So how is that AV's fault?

Your last para does the same. It is not just the injuries it is we have been forced to rely on an offensive D and a one man 2nd line for too long............there is only one assclown here and he sits up in the gods and watches this team turn to dust.

I never said AV was perfect, far from it but the guy must be in melt down over some of Gillis's crapshoot signing and willingness to sit on his thumbs and pump gas.

AV has to take some of the blame along with gillis and the players, but i wouldn't let him go without letting him and the team work their way out of this slump....every year the team slumps and fans call for AV's head and then the team get it together....

imo....gillis should get another center that AV can count on and resolve the goalie situation...then if the team doesn't turn it around, then fire the coaches, trade the sedins, kesler and edler and fire gillis....the cdc answer......

AV has to take some of the blame along with gillis and the players, but i wouldn't let him go without letting him and the team work their way out of this slump....every year the team slumps and fans call for AV's head and then the team get it together....

imo....gillis should get another center that AV can count on and resolve the goalie situation...then if the team doesn't turn it around, then fire the coaches, trade the sedins, kesler and edler and fire gillis....the cdc answer......

(1) Every season is full of ups and downs.

(2) We're missing 2 of our best players (Bieksa and Kesler).

(3) MG has yet to resolve the goalie situation.

These are all factors that affect the team hugely, and none of them are within AV's control. He's got his problems (powerplay, line juggling, Garrison), of course. Consider how crap this team has looked recently, though, and we're still tied for 1st in our division.

Let's try to resist the urge to trade all the players, fire all the staff, demolish the arena, and slit our wrists.

AV is one of the biggest jokes in league history not to mention that stud Bowness and his head coaching record, but Gillis has to be to blame even more because he's run this team into the ground. Burke/Nonis handed this organization a cup, if Gillis had any level of competency we'd have the only banner that matters hanging in the rafters by now.

I think if the owners are happy with what they are seeing on the ice nothing is going to happen. If the GM gets canned I don't think the coach will be far behind once a new GM is in place.

Something needs to change and like it or not the coach is usually the easiest thing to change.

I think if the owners are happy with what they are seeing on the ice nothing is going to happen. If the GM gets canned I don't think the coach will be far behind once a new GM is in place.

Something needs to change and like it or not the coach is usually the easiest thing to change.

I think AV has been given more of a chance then he would have on another team but I wouldn't call it a free pass. In years past I have thought that he mad changes and learns from his mistakes but this year it looks like he has taken a few steps back. May be time for a change.

Archived