The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

AV getting a free pass

kassian 09

You continually want to turn every argument into one involving your favourite Canuck.

I've never said Ballard has never played a good game. You're confusing me with someone else. At the least, you're putting words in my mouth. I think he had a decent start to the season, but when Ballard's play goes south, it goes to Antarctica, not Seattle.

As for Edler, when Edler poops the bed, he gets more leeway because of his track record here. Also, because we'll need an energized, consistent-minute Edler to do anything here long-term. Also, because Edler is the more talented Dman, and you automatically keep playing him so he can play out of his current funk.

Again, to stay with our original argument, this isn't about what you or I think about Ballard, or whoever else. It's about the speculation as to whether or not Gillis agrees or differs with AV's assessments and decision-making. And the only point I'm making is that none of us, certainly not you or I, know the answer to that.

Check out the scoring chance stats rather than just shooting. Hitting the goalies crest with a perimeter shot still counts as a shot but really does nothing to generate a scoring chance. Even more importantly, you still have to bury those scoring chances which other teams seem much more effective at doing thatn the Canucks right now.

The real issue is that the Canucks do not even look like they are on the same page on the ice anymore. Whether on offense or defence they have no cohesion as a five man unit. On the PP too it seems like they are not all on the same page about who should be doing what.

Other teams I watch have much less talent but work a lot harder and the strategy on the ice is much easier to identify based on all players looking like they are following it.

It blows me away that people blindly like AV so much that they are willing to suggest with a straight face that this team is working hard and playing well.

Check out the scoring chance stats rather than just shooting. Hitting the goalies crest with a perimeter shot still counts as a shot but really does nothing to generate a scoring chance. Even more importantly, you still have to bury those scoring chances which other teams seem much more effective at doing thatn the Canucks right now.

The real issue is that the Canucks do not even look like they are on the same page on the ice anymore. Whether on offense or defence they have no cohesion as a five man unit. On the PP too it seems like they are not all on the same page about who should be doing what.

Other teams I watch have much less talent but work a lot harder and the strategy on the ice is much easier to identify based on all players looking like they are following it.

It blows me away that people blindly like AV so much that they are willing to suggest with a straight face that this team is working hard and playing well.

Archived