The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

AV getting a free pass

kassian 09

I didn't want this to become a war of sides ahah, but my main problem is that. Kassian scored 5 goals when the twins played BAD. And he cleared paths for them with his body, how good could he be with them playing this good? Why break up Raymond Shredder and Hansen? WHy doesnt Higgy center Booth and Burr? And why cant Lappy stay on the 4h with Wise and mr fists?

Sedins-Kass

Hansen-Shredder-Raymond

Burr-Higgy-Booth

Wise-Patti-St

And wtf is up with our D pairings? Why arent Ballard and Garrison regulars on the PP. Edler stays behind the net and makes bad plays when he doesnt move his feet. No tactics AT ALL!! And now KNOWING AV hes guna but Barker on the PP, probably sit Ballard. Da faq?

Why not have:

Hammy-Tanev

Garrison-Ballard

Edler-Barker

Alberts, I.R - Bieksa

frack its like COMMON SENSE!!! imo....people dont have to agree.

Guest Pinchin

All the above is rubbish............other than I do agree he tends to juggle too much.

We have been badly hit by injuries to key players, others have lost form. However the main reason we are struggling imo is the lack of scoring below the 1st line.

That is NOT AV's fault that is GMMG's fault. I will be very annoyed if Gillis spins this down to being AV's fault and fires him.

Really?? There would be no spin. I guess you hate young talent as well, still holding onto the dream that you could make the NHL and be an AV favourite? All you need to be is an aging plug for that, so keep the dream alive.

Guest Pinchin

I don't really think Vinny is getting a free pass, behind closed doors I doubt MG is all that forgiving. I'd be happier if we wait until next season but if MG wants to pull the trigger now, I have no objections. IMO Vinny has lost the room, I suspect there are more than a few players that would jump for joy at the news. That all being said, Vinny is a great coach, even the best get fired, but I think his time here is done.

I didn't want this to become a war of sides ahah, but my main problem is that. Kassian scored 5 goals when the twins played BAD. And he cleared paths for them with his body, how good could he be with them playing this good? Why break up Raymond Shredder and Hansen? WHy doesnt Higgy center Booth and Burr? And why cant Lappy stay on the 4h with Wise and mr fists?

Sedins-Kass

Hansen-Shredder-Raymond

Burr-Higgy-Booth

Wise-Patti-St

And wtf is up with our D pairings? Why arent Ballard and Garrison regulars on the PP. Edler stays behind the net and makes bad plays when he doesnt move his feet. No tactics AT ALL!! And now KNOWING AV hes guna but Barker on the PP, probably sit Ballard. Da faq?

Why not have:

Hammy-Tanev

Garrison-Ballard

Edler-Barker

Alberts, I.R - Bieksa

AV is coaching like an assclown. Favoritism and head scratching, counter-intuitive coaching decisions.

Look at Ottawa.......Spezza, Michalek, Anderson, Karlsson.........all injured. Yet they keep on winning and are competitive. You know why? Because their coach gets the most out of ALL the guys who are left standing.

AV and the Canucks use injuries to a top 4 D (who is not really playing well this season anyway) and a 2nd line center (who is selfish and played like crap when he was in the lineup) as an excuse for this level of mediocrity?

Come on.

The only line producing other than the Sedins will now have Ebbett as its center tonight.........that is all you need to know about who is responsible for this team's slide into the abyss.

Seriously? .................Game 7 and two PT's in the last 2 years..........that is certainly firing material. And all the time Gillis has given him nothing while all the other teams are feverishly getting better.

@wallstreetamigo.

"It is not an all or nothing scenario though. Why does wanting to replace the coach men that someone is saying to blow up the whole team? Have you ever once seen me say that joe?"

Well if AV gets fired I can bet you a billion bucks that MG is forced to upgrade. And to do that players will have to go................So why not do the same for a coach that has given you a Game 7 and 2 PT's in the last 2 years.

To do it any other way just doesn't make sense.

Hear me out,

So i've never been a fan of AV's line juggling and mismanagement of our D, and I'm sure we all agree he should be fired. But what about the media? I'm hearing nothing on Spoetsnet,TSN or anything online about why AV should be fired. If it was any other canadian market with our skill level, or even without the skill, the media would be all over a possible coaches change.

What do you guys think? Too early or are we just wrong?

Sry if already posted found nothing.

Sedins-Kass

Hansen-Shredder-Raymond

Burr-Higgy-Booth

Wise-Patti-St

Why not have:

Hammy-Tanev

Garrison-Ballard

Edler-Barker

Alberts, I.R - Bieksa

All the above is rubbish............other than I do agree he tends to juggle too much.

We have been badly hit by injuries to key players, others have lost form. However the main reason we are struggling imo is the lack of scoring below the 1st line.

That is NOT AV's fault that is GMMG's fault. I will be very annoyed if Gillis spins this down to being AV's fault and fires him.

Honestly, AV supporters are never going to be convinced there is any scenario under which he should ever be held accountable for his failures.

At the end of the day, Gillis has brought in some good players that have been ;largely mismanaged by AV because they are not "his guys". That is never going to change with AV as the coach. So should Gillis start acquiring more and more pluggers to make AV happy and get him guys he is willing to give a fair chance to? Or should we get a coach who can maybe get more out of the guys that are already here?

The country club locker room environment and effort on the ice is a direct result of AV's coaching.......he plays favorites and is too stubborn to ever admit he might have been wrong.

One could use the injury issues as an excuse, but then again the Ottawa Senator's lost their number one centre, their number one Norris Trophy winning defenceman, and their number one goalie. Their record in that time is 6 - 2 - 3.

MG has to have his feet held to the fire here for the lack of depth both here and in the prospect pipeline. Not that I'm against a coaching change, but that's the easy way out at this point. What the heck is AV supposed to do with no legitimate NHL centre depth after Hank and Kes.

I don't really think Vinny is getting a free pass, behind closed doors I doubt MG is all that forgiving. I'd be happier if we wait until next season but if MG wants to pull the trigger now, I have no objections. IMO Vinny has lost the room, I suspect there are more than a few players that would jump for joy at the news. That all being said, Vinny is a great coach, even the best get fired, but I think his time here is done.

Why did vigneault break up Raymond Schroeder Hansen ?

Only chemistry I've seen this year outside of Kassian scoring goals with the twins.

I think both gillis and vigneault share blame.

Gillis needs to make 2-3 changes and not another round of gragnani and pahllsson

Archived