The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Dallas Stars may trade Jagr, Roy, and Morrow

if the Canucks were to somehow get jagr I would prefer to see him on the second line rather than with the Sedins. Distribute the scoring more evenly - we desperately need secondary scoring and the Sedins will produce without him.

Jagr on the 1st PP unit with the Sedins would be unreal though.

if the Canucks were to somehow get jagr I would prefer to see him on the second line rather than with the Sedins. Distribute the scoring more evenly - we desperately need secondary scoring and the Sedins will produce without him.

Jagr on the 1st PP unit with the Sedins would be unreal though.

Laughing my ass off a some of these trade offers..

"yeah we'll take Roy, just give them Ballard and a 3rd."

This isn’t NHL13 ppl. In the real world, it would be more like the Canucks dumping Ballard or Booth's salary to a team who needs to reach the cap floor.. and all we would get in return is a 4th round pick or so. You don’t get quality in return for your baggage. I am fairly certain that the team considers Ballard & his contact as baggage at this point. If Gillis was interested in landing Jagr or Roy for the playoff run, it would probably cost him one of his top prospects like Connaughton or Jensen.

Today it is all about economics. Something that MG seems to know nothing about. That is why our team is handcuffed with outrageous contracts on all of our defensemen and both of our goalies. It is going to be a serious challenge for Gillis to get this roster/cap to where it has to be for next season and still try to sell to the fans that we are trying to win now.

FORWARDS

Evander Kane ($5.250m) / Ryan Kesler ($5.000m) / Corey Perry ($8.325m)

Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) / Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / Alexandre Burrows ($2.000m)

Chris Higgins ($1.900m) / Derek Roy ($4.000m) / Jannik Hansen ($1.350m)

Tom Sestito ($0.605m) / Steve Pinizzotto ($0.600m) / Zack Kassian ($0.870m)

Nicklas Jensen ($0.894m)

DEFENSEMEN

Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m) / Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m)

Chris Tanev ($0.900m) / Jason Garrison ($4.600m)

Cam Barker ($0.700m) / Andrew Alberts ($1.225m)

Jim Vandermeer ($0.600m) / Kevin Connauton ($0.900m)

GOALTENDERS

Back up ($0.750m)

Roberto Luongo ($5.333m)

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $67,102,500; BONUSES: $185,000

CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $3,097,500

Yeah the owner of Dallas cant stand the Aquillinis ... Id guess the deal would have to be a stupid overpayment before hed do anything to help the nucks .. Truth is the Aquillinis have a pretty horrible buisness rep .. Not exactly known as the most honest family .. I think theyve been good as owners though ..

Hmmmm...

If Gillis could get Jagr agree to sign a 1-year extension I'd consider it. If there's one guy who could help mould Jensen into the player he could become, it's Jagr. I mean look what he did for Voracek's game and the two guys Jensen said he wants to emulate his game after were Jagr and Hossa because of their puck control/strength on their skates.

Fully agree with this. Plus, this year seems to be Yannik Hansen's coming out party. He has been getting progressively better every year. I wonder if Jagr could help him tap into that untapped potential he has. He is playing like a top 6 forward this year and doing a damn fine job of it too! Anybody else getting the feeling that Hansen is just scratching the surface of his potential?

Jagr would be the perfect winger to play with the Sedins. His size and strength would give them a lot more room -- and his hockey IQ is right up there with the twins. Feed him some pucks in open ice and he will fill the net. He's also a veteran presence that knows what it takes to win the Cup.

Burrows/Kesler/Higgins could form that incredibly aggravating third line checking unit we've lacked for so long -- and Schroeder/Raymond/Hansen (given some playing time together) could pop for a lotta goals. Kassian could slide into that line as well.

But I agree with what others have said -- Mr. Gillis needs to go Big at this deadline. Jaegar fits that bill in a lotta ways!

Archived