The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Dallas Stars may trade Jagr, Roy, and Morrow

OH wow, Oh hope Dallas is for real, will love to see Jagr on the team. How can you say no to this? This guy is one of the greatest players of all time. His hands are still there, not sure about his speed, as the Sedins aren't that fast anyways, David Booth for Jagr please. thank you. Dallas gets a player that will be with them for at least 2 more years.

In the last 2 seasons:

GP: 96, G: 29, A: 43, P: 72 PPG: 0.75

Last year's playoffs:

GP: 11, G: 1, A: 7, P: 8

5-times Art Ross winner, Hart Trophy winner and 3-times Lester B. winner, member of the Triple Gold Club.... and you don't want him on the team?

My point was as effective as Jagr may be on the powerplay like say a Guerin was in Pittsburgh, he has really slowed down, his hands are still there ofcourse, and I don't discount Jagr being a future hall of famer. Maybe he would be a good fit, but I don't see it. The name Jagr is very tempting, but he isn't the dominant player of the nineties.

I would love Jagr and Morrow. Even with Kesler in the line-up, we only have 1/3 of a 2nd line. I would trade prospects+picks (not 1st), unfortunately, that means a 2nd rounder (if we have one for 2014 I'd love to offer that over the 2013 draft).

I don't know if we'd get both Morrow and Jagr. But I realllly want Jagr to teach Jensen his ways. I'd line it up like this for next season:

Line 1: D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Kassian

Line 2A: Booth - Kesler - Burrows

Line 2B: Jensen - Schroeder - Jagr

Line 3: Higgins - Raymond/Lappy - Hansen

We don't have a real checking line so that's sort of a problem but it's not like much is happening when Weise, Lappy and Sestito are out there anyways.

I think Jagr could help this team both on and off the ice as well as in the mental aspect of this game. Say what you will but Jagr has no panic in his game.

I don't even care that he's slow. I've seen guys like Andrew Brunette wheel themselves around the ice and make plays consistently at the NHL level. Jagr may not be fleet of foot anymore but he can slow the game down, make defenders give him room, and make his checks look silly still. Is he as complete a player as he once was? No, but when the starting point is that high I will take a declined Jagr anyway. There should be lots of bidders for his services.

Archived