The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Dallas Stars may trade Jagr, Roy, and Morrow

Jagr is still a very good player and I would love for him to be here. I just don't know if Dallas would trade well with us.

Do you guys remember how much they wanted for Brad Richards? It was Kesler and Edler!!!

Also, isn't the owner of the Stars the same guy that felt double crossed by the Aquillinis?

Good luck with this one MG!

Jagr is exactly what this team needs - obviously big and skilled but a veteran up front who has won Cups and show the team how it's done. He's a true leader and playoff performer.

That being said Roy would be a better fit on this team. We need a center and depth up the middle more than another big winger. Maybe give them Ballard and throw in a 3rd rounder for Roy. Then here's our playoff lineup:

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian (Kass better suited to the playoffs than Burr, no question. He sticks up for the twins better and we need size on our top line)

Raymond - Roy - Burrows

Booth - Kesler - Higgins

Weise - Lapierre - Hansen

Jagr is still a very good player and I would love for him to be here. I just don't know if Dallas would trade well with us.

Do you guys remember how much they wanted for Brad Richards? It was Kesler and Edler!!!

Also, isn't the owner of the Stars the same guy that felt double crossed by the Aquillinis?

Yes to any 3. Roy would be great as a 2C while Kesler is out, and slides down to 3C when he does. Jagr would be great with anybody. w/ Sedins on the PP, Kelser/Roy 5 on 5. Don't matter. Morrow could fill in any bottom 9 slot.

Since Dallas went for contract stability earlier this year (Ryder + for Cole), wonder if they would have interest in Booth.

Booth for Morrow/Jagr + 4th?

How unrealistic would it be to acquire Morrow and Jagr for a run?

What we have for potential trade bait:

-Booth

-Ballard

-Draft picks/farm team

-Rodin

Would it be unreasonable to say:

To Van: Jagr, Morrow

To Dal: Booth, Ballard, Conditional 2nd and 3rd round draft picks (conditional on re-signing), and possibly even adding Rodin to the deal if that's what it needs to seal it?

Perhaps even a draft pick coming from Dallas to balance out the deal. Line up suddenly gets a whole lot stronger and deeper..

Archived