#91 Noseforthenet

Noseforthenet

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 876 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:23 AM

Hmmmm...

If Gillis could get Jagr agree to sign a 1-year extension I'd consider it. If there's one guy who could help mould Jensen into the player he could become, it's Jagr. I mean look what he did for Voracek's game and the two guys Jensen said he wants to emulate his game after were Jagr and Hossa because of their puck control/strength on their skates.

Fully agree with this. Plus, this year seems to be Yannik Hansen's coming out party. He has been getting progressively better every year. I wonder if Jagr could help him tap into that untapped potential he has. He is playing like a top 6 forward this year and doing a damn fine job of it too! Anybody else getting the feeling that Hansen is just scratching the surface of his potential?

#92 theminister

theminister

Head Troll

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,054 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:27 AM

Fully agree with this. Plus, this year seems to be Yannik Hansen's coming out party. He has been getting progressively better every year. I wonder if Jagr could help him tap into that untapped potential he has. He is playing like a top 6 forward this year and doing a damn fine job of it too! Anybody else getting the feeling that Hansen is just scratching the surface of his potential?

I bought a Hansen jersey a year and a half ago.

I thought he was scratching the surface of his potential then. I think he's reaching it now. I expect his defensive game will get better and better, and that this scoring is not a blip. Hansen is a 50 point player.

He's here to stay.

Edited by theminister, 15 March 2013 - 02:29 AM.

Posted ImageNEW YORK ISLANDERS ROSTER - CDC GM LEAGUEPosted Image

2013 CDCGML CUP CHAMPIONS

#93 LarryFunderbunk

LarryFunderbunk

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:58 PM

Jagr would be the perfect winger to play with the Sedins. His size and strength would give them a lot more room -- and his hockey IQ is right up there with the twins. Feed him some pucks in open ice and he will fill the net. He's also a veteran presence that knows what it takes to win the Cup.

Burrows/Kesler/Higgins could form that incredibly aggravating third line checking unit we've lacked for so long -- and Schroeder/Raymond/Hansen (given some playing time together) could pop for a lotta goals. Kassian could slide into that line as well.

But I agree with what others have said -- Mr. Gillis needs to go Big at this deadline. Jaegar fits that bill in a lotta ways!

#94 Tystick

Tystick

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,564 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:06 PM

I agree,

Sedin - Sedin - Jagr

would be unstoppable
Posted Image

#95 winthecup

winthecup

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,860 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:35 AM

Hearing rumours that the Canucks (as well as about 5 or 6 other teams) have shown interest in acquiring Jagr.
NHL Gossip@NHLGossip now
According to Czech Report:Boston, Nashville, Vancouver, Ottawa or Montreal. interested in Stars' Jagr http://bit.ly/ZFKQiI

#96 Raph

Raph

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,588 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:00 PM

Umm... we can't trade Booth since he is in the LTIR. Ballard has negative trade value with.
Untouchables: Tanev, Jensen, Kassian
Mostly untouchable: Sedins (need someone to man the fort and no trade value)
Open to trade: Everyone else
Drive to airport: Bieksa, Edler

Bring back: Ehrhoff

#97 Lulover88

Lulover88

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,651 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:09 PM

jagr will last 2 playoff games before getting injured .. awesome on paper , but no thanks .. dallas wont trade him to us anyway

#98 clutesi

clutesi

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,600 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 05:24 PM

Jagr would be great for a year or two, but Morrow would give us a much longer benefit. Then again, maybe we have to act for the now while the Sedins are still in their prime.

#99 Zoolander

Zoolander

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,190 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:56 AM

Jagr and Roy please and thanks!! Both UFA's and both give us insane offensive depth once Kesler is back. Roy with Kesler, Sedins with Jagr = cup-winning offense
My 2014 Draft wishlist: 1st rd: Draisaitl, Virtanen, Scherbak. 2nd rd: Brendan Lemieux, Thatcher Demko (Goalie)
Posted Image
Future Canucks top 6:
Shinkaruk-Draisaitl-Scherbak
Virtanen-Horvat-Jensen

#100 ButterBean

ButterBean

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,228 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:27 PM

I disagree with putting Jagr with the twins. He would be better utilized as a playmaker for our 2nd line with Kesler. Morrow would be nice too used in a top 9 role providing that veteran leadership and huge grit.

#101 RunningWild

RunningWild

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,651 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:21 PM

Was just reviewing Roys underlying numbers, and boy are they good. I'm surprised. Eats tough mins, solid offensive and defensive #'s and the best.... strong puck possession player. I don't like his height, but he'd be a solid 3rd line centre who could take tough mins from Sedins and Kesler.

Also reviewed Iginla and Morrow's underlying #'s - both of them aren't good. Defensive disasters and negative puck possession players. I'll take Roy.

#102 Lui's Knob

Lui's Knob

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,999 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:08 PM

Jagr please.

#103 Teemu Selšnne

Teemu Selšnne

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,199 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:38 PM

jagr will last 2 playoff games before getting injured .. awesome on paper , but no thanks .. dallas wont trade him to us anyway

Kind of like that time last playoffs when he played 11?

Or how this season that he's played 31 games/32 games?

Or did you mean like last year when played 73 games in the regular season?

Sorry I'm confused as to what you meant.

#104 canadaguy_25

canadaguy_25

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:48 PM

I think people are reading way too much into the Gaglardi/Aquilini feud (if that's what you're referring to.) They are professionals, not 12 year old girls, and will do whatever is best for their franchises.

Edited by canadaguy_25, 28 March 2013 - 10:49 PM.

#105 JE14

JE14

Entitled Anarchist Goat King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,411 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:05 PM

Jagr please.

st3sHOQ.png

CDCFL Bruins |  EHL Canucks

#106 Gabes24

Gabes24

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,434 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:59 AM

Director of Dallas Scouting in Vancouver tonight! take it for what its worth

That Canuck forum isn't even worth the time. It's a huge circle of Kool Aid Drinkers. - STL Board

Posted Image

#107 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,469 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:05 AM

I would have hoped we could have gotten him for just a pick or two. We definately can't afford to give up a roster player considering half our forwards right now are AHL players.
Posted Image

#108 aqua59

aqua59

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,027 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:23 AM

I agree,

Sedin - Sedin - Jagr

would be unstoppable

You have to remember, Jagr is in his 40's. He's be a nice fit but unstoppable? Even the Sedins are slowing.

#109 Teemu Selšnne

Teemu Selšnne

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,199 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:22 AM

You have to remember, Jagr is in his 40's. He's be a nice fit but unstoppable? Even the Sedins are slowing.

You have to remember, Jagr is first on Dallas in goals and points. He'd be a nice fit and unstoppable. The Sedins would stop slowing.

Edited by Teemu Selšnne, 29 March 2013 - 08:22 AM.

#110 CB007

CB007

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,661 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:45 AM

Was just reviewing Roys underlying numbers, and boy are they good. I'm surprised. Eats tough mins, solid offensive and defensive #'s and the best.... strong puck possession player. I don't like his height, but he'd be a solid 3rd line centre who could take tough mins from Sedins and Kesler.

Also reviewed Iginla and Morrow's underlying #'s - both of them aren't good. Defensive disasters and negative puck possession players. I'll take Roy.

Roy please. Him and Bozak and Ott are on my deadline wish list.

Jagr is far lower down on the list.

Edited by CB007, 29 March 2013 - 08:45 AM.

Posted Image

#111 Teemu Selšnne

Teemu Selšnne

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,199 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:48 AM

Roy please. Him and Bozak and Ott are on my deadline wish list.

Jagr is far lower down on the list.

Jagr has more goals than Daniel Sedin this year and has 189 career playoff points, and you'd rather add Bozak at the deadline?

#112 CB007

CB007

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,661 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:01 AM

Jagr has more goals than Daniel Sedin this year and has 189 career playoff points, and you'd rather add Bozak at the deadline?

Jagr is good of course. But we need a C first. Plus I don't know what adding someone of (former) super star status would do to the chemistry on the team. A few years ago we signed Sundin and we lost like 11 games in a role or something. And Sundin is a nice humble guy.

Hey great if we can get both.
Posted Image

#113 Teemu Selšnne

Teemu Selšnne

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,199 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:05 AM

Jagr is good of course. But we need a C first. Plus I don't know what adding someone of (former) super star status would do to the chemistry on the team. A few years ago we signed Sundin and we lost like 11 games in a role or something. And Sundin is a nice humble guy.

I think adding a C is more necessary, but Schroeder has looked good, and if you have a chance to take a gamble on a guy like Jagr that should become the priority.

#114 ashbury

ashbury

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 417 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:22 PM

I'm probably dreaming here but here's my ideal lineup for the playoff run

Sedin - Sedin - Jagr
Raymond - Kesler - Higgins
Hansen - Vermette - Burrows
Weise/Pinnizotto - Lappiere - Kassian

droooooooool, that line up could compete for a cup imo

#115 Lancaster

Lancaster

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:33 PM

After that losing streak, the team turned a 180 with Sundin being on the RPM line and helped the Canucks sweep past the Blues and almost singlehandedly won us game 6 against Chicago.

#116 Lulover88

Lulover88

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,651 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:46 PM

I would love jagr ... he is literally the piece that could help us actually get to the grail ... unfortunately , mr galardi hates mr aquilini more than most people hate justin bieber .. .... galardi would never do anything he knew might be good for us .. even if he got a great return ..

#117 vcrguy

vcrguy

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:00 PM

http://www.thehockey...Gefa9v0.twitter

Jagr wouldn't be bad... Natural right wing.

Typical CDC fans would expect that Ballard, Raymond and Gaunce, should get all of what's in the title plus we should get draft picks back, right?

Edited by vcrguy, 29 March 2013 - 09:01 PM.

#118 Lockhart

Lockhart

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:20 PM

Jagr on the team would give us two good PP units. But only on paper cause the PP has sucked for the last year.

#119 apollo

apollo

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,565 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 01:54 PM

If jagr is available and is moved somewhere other than here ill want mgs head on a stick.

With Booth on ltir we have to get jagr

2cz94w5.jpg

The NHL is a fixed old boys club. I've come to acceptance with that and just watch for entertainment. The 2011 & 2012 Canucks are champs in my books. Go Canucks Go!

#120 cyacry

cyacry

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 04:35 PM

Jagr with the twins....make it happen MG

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.