2 replies to this topic

#1 Wedge-tailed Eagle

Wedge-tailed Eagle

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 04:39 PM

Earlier today on either sportsnet or sportscentre they were discussing Colorado trading Paul Statsny, who IMO is a pretty good player.

So I got to think what it would take to get him, a much needed center Now I have an idea what you all are thinking, why would we want someone with such a high cap hit, well as most of you know now teams can retain some of the cap hit and I think also salary, so here is what i'm thinking.

To Van
Paul Statsny
Colorado retains 2 million cap hit
5th round draft pick

To Col
David Booth
Canucks retain 1 million in salary
Keith Ballard
Canucks retain 1 million in salary
Jordan Schroeder
2nd round draft pick

Thoughts? Is the value way off? Does the trading cap and salary not work?
Posted Image

Credit to -Vintage Canuck- for awesome sig

#2 palindrom

palindrom

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 04:53 PM

i think other teams in the league could outbid your offer for a Stastny at 4 600 000$
Posted Image Was too much for me!

Instead im reading English grammar for advanced dummies

#3 Yotes

Yotes

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 04:56 PM

stastny would be unreal with kesler, I think kesler could get 40 goals again with a center like him.

Id be willing to see what they would want for stastny, even if they ate 600k so he was just under sedin pay i think it would be worth it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.