#1 The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:29 PM

POPULAR

First and foremost for his career, he needs to be sent down to play with Schroeder Jensen as a top unit on the wolves. Here is why...

If Schroeder got sent down for poor play why is Kassian still up? He's younger too I believe.
Everyone knows power forwards take longer to develop. Fact his both Schroeder and him aren't good enough yet

His development with this team and coaching staff is horrendous with how he's being coached and used. He looks completely lost and useless out on the ice and I have no idea why he doesn't get benched . Let him develop in the AHL because he clearly in over his head at the NHL level right now. He's not physical, weak on the puck, defensive liability and turnover machine. Hardly looks engaged in the game or takes the body consistently. He is lost!

From a fan standpoint we shouldn't have to see a player so bad get force fed a roster spot. I feel like the only reason why he's still on the club is because Mike Gillis wants to try an prove to everyone that he traded hodgson for another top prospect/nhler. He's hurting the club, everyone can see this except for the hardcore non critical Canuck fans.

Give the roster spot to someone more deserving or make a trade. The organization clearly has no confidence in him by failing to put him in better situations to succeed.

Let him develop in the AHL please, anyone can see that he's not a good NHLer right now.

Edited by The Dark Knight, 12 March 2013 - 05:32 PM.

Posted Image

#2 kanucks1

kanucks1

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:31 PM

POPULAR

Unless he is with the Sedins, I agree.
Posted Image

CDC Fantasy League GM Chicago Blackhawks

#3 BlurTriX

BlurTriX

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:35 PM

Only way we can do that is if we trade for a winger (I believe), but they sure would gain a ton of chemistry down there.

Edited by BlurTriX, 12 March 2013 - 05:37 PM.

Untitled.png

#4 The Magician

The Magician

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,944 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:36 PM

Kassian looks better than Schroeder in the NHL thats why. He also isn't bad with Booth.

cL3GIZK.jpg

Credit to Parise11 for the amazing sig!

#5 AppleJack

AppleJack

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,570 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:37 PM

POPULAR

They should put him back with the Sedins it would improve his game 100% and he will be there to protect them. Plus putting Burrows on the 2nd or 3rd line gives more offense to the other lines, its the obvious thing to do, so you know AV won't do it.

m8itzp.jpg
Do Not Trade Tanevbjhfh0.jpg

Thanks TS <3

formely known as Gillyfluffball

#6 The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:39 PM

POPULAR

Kassian looks better than Schroeder in the NHL thats why. He also isn't bad with Booth.

Really? Where is the meaness? Where's the hitting? Where's the consistent puck control and board play? Where is his defensive play? He adding nothing to the line up, even his fighting got replaced by sestito

No consistency is a poor term to describe Kassian because he doesn't show enough flashes for me to be consider a streaky player.

Posted Image

#7 Bananas

Bananas

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:40 PM

I'd want Kassian sent down because he shouldn't be exposed to the horrible attitude that is obviously present in the Canucks locker room.

So yes. Send down Kassian.
Hey CDC! Remember this!?

http://forum.canucks...in-this-change/

#8 DaMacNamedDre

DaMacNamedDre

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:43 PM

Sedin-Sedin -Kassian
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Posted ImageBodee, on 18 April 2012 - 11:07 AM, said:

I haven't been a supporter of the Canucks for long. Mainly because firstly I know nothing about NHL and secondly ESPN America only started showing NHL 3 years ago.

http://forum.canucks.com/topic/328055-whats-wrong-with-me
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

#9 Tokasmoka

Tokasmoka

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:46 PM

POPULAR

This is so hilarious. Force feeding this kid minutes because you wouldn't give a better player more icetime. I am sure that size and toughness will come in handy getting a better tee time in the spring. There's fighting in golf right?BTW Cody got a point tonight. Feel free to insert whatever lame excuse to justify this trade again.

Edited by Tokasmoka, 12 March 2013 - 05:50 PM.

#10 NP-4815162342

NP-4815162342

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:46 PM

He's playing fine

#11 The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:48 PM

When was the last time Kassian made a big hit? Let alone hitting consistently? If he's not being a physical force then atleast show some offense. Fact is he's doing neither while being a defensive liability, this is the whole point of this thread.

Posted Image

#12 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,216 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:49 PM

POPULAR

You guys are nuts.. He's playing awesome with booth.. Just wait till kesler gets back those three are going to start racking up points. Flame me all you want but ill hit you back with I told you so's when the seasons over.. This is the best play I've seen from those 2 since they've been here. They're both skating and hitting like crazy, playin mean.

This is our new second line. Get used to it

#13 Steven Stamkos

Steven Stamkos

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,090 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:21 PM

People keep complaining about Booth and Kassian but they've been the least of our problems lately.. Sure they haven't been able to put the puck in lately but they have been skating and getting chances. Why these two haven't even been tried on the power play the past few games is a mystery to me.
Posted Image
Credit to: Ballard_4

#14 Gman

Gman

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,490 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:51 PM

Give the roster spot to someone more deserving

And who would that be with our current boon at forward depth?
Posted Image

"We must respect the other fellow's religion, but only in the same sense to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and his children smart." - H.L. Mencken

"When you understand why you don't believe in other people's gods, you will understand why I don't believe in yours."- Albert Einstein

"People who don't like their beliefs being laughed at shouldn't have such funny beliefs." - Unknown

"Atheism is a non-prophet organization" - Unknown

#15 Samuel Påhlsson

Samuel Påhlsson

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:54 PM

Burrows hasn't looked like mr. clutch this season yet. Nows the time to give Kassian his playing time before Burrows comes around.

SYvE9NH.gif

#16 yete

yete

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 826 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:55 PM

POPULAR

its funny i made a similar thread like this and whatn happened

the precious canuck fans came out calling me a trolll

kassian is horrible, let me say it again hes horrible okay he needs to work on his passing shooting and skating

back to the farm plz but management won't why because they cant admit they lost the trade to hodgson like every other canuck fan

#17 lolwut?

lolwut?

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:07 PM

People keep complaining about Booth and Kassian but they've been the least of our problems lately.. Sure they haven't been able to put the puck in lately but they have been skating and getting chances. Why these two haven't even been tried on the power play the past few games is a mystery to me.

They have been getting chances? I will have to disagree.. they may have a couple per game but the quality of the chances are poor at best.. they are not really threatening at all other then the moments where booth has driven hard to the net.
Kassian has been largely invisible.. not a lot of hits, low amount of scoring opportunities and even his passing which i thought was really good for the last couple months has been terrible lately.

If he is not able to be a physical presence, playmaker or put the puck in the goal then he shouldnt dress for the games.

#18 wizeman

wizeman

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:09 PM

Sedin-Sedin -Kassian

Kassian is good. We should put him back with the Sedins . We have no reason to send him to the minors. I like the way he plays

#19 CanuckianOne

CanuckianOne

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,572 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:10 PM

He can't seem to really get anything done unless he's playing with the Twins.

#20 Clinch16

Clinch16

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:10 PM

First and foremost for his career, he needs to be sent down to play with Schroeder Jensen as a top unit on the wolves. Here is why...

If Schroeder got sent down for poor play why is Kassian still up? He's younger too I believe.
Everyone knows power forwards take longer to develop. Fact his both Schroeder and him aren't good enough yet

His development with this team and coaching staff is horrendous with how he's being coached and used. He looks completely lost and useless out on the ice and I have no idea why he doesn't get benched . Let him develop in the AHL because he clearly in over his head at the NHL level right now. He's not physical, weak on the puck, defensive liability and turnover machine. Hardly looks engaged in the game or takes the body consistently. He is lost!

From a fan standpoint we shouldn't have to see a player so bad get force fed a roster spot. I feel like the only reason why he's still on the club is because Mike Gillis wants to try an prove to everyone that he traded hodgson for another top prospect/nhler. He's hurting the club, everyone can see this except for the hardcore non critical Canuck fans.

Give the roster spot to someone more deserving or make a trade. The organization clearly has no confidence in him by failing to put him in better situations to succeed.

Let him develop in the AHL please, anyone can see that he's not a good NHLer right now.

You had me....and then you mentioned Hodgson. Have some koolaid.
Posted Image

#21 DarthNinja

DarthNinja

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,782 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:12 PM

I thought it was cute that 5'8" Schroeder was sent down after a failed stint as a bruising 4th line C and not being able to QB the PP and get his canon of a shot off. :rolleyes:

**RETIRED...**

"Have not those who disbelieve known that the heavens & the earth were joined together as one united piece, then We (Allah) parted them? And We have made from water every living thing. Will they not then believe?" (Qur'an 21:30)

11477626583_2368927097.jpg     49997_b70e6ae14ce1652fa11bd1dda624afd1.g   7649118508_ce3e8a74a1_o.jpg

"Some even believe we are part of a secret cabal working against the best interests of the United States, characterizing my family and me as 'internationalists' and of conspiring with others around the world to build a more integrated global political and economic structure--one world, if you will. If that's the charge, I stand guilty, and I am proud of it.” (David Rockefeller)

#22 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 72,100 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:13 PM

I disagree. We need to try a different experiment like putting him with the Sedins before we scratch him or send him down. If nothing is working then I agree.

307mg00.jpg

#23 Jester13

Jester13

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:13 PM

Kassian is the least of our problems. What we should be worried about is our lack of effort night in and night out. I still can't figure out what the problem is, but it seems like every team is faster than us and we get outworked because of it every game.

It's almost like a CoHo curse because ever since we trady Cody every single one of our guys has started to skate like him.

"Education is the inoculator for ignorance."

#24 John.Tallhouse

John.Tallhouse

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:14 PM

They should put him back with the Sedins it would improve his game 100% and he will be there to protect them. Plus putting Burrows on the 2nd or 3rd line gives more offense to the other lines, its the obvious thing to do, so you know AV won't do it.

I dont know if he would improve the Sedins do all the work and he just taps the puck in..
Posted Image

#25 CB007

CB007

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,661 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:16 PM

Really? Where is the meaness? Where's the hitting? Where's the consistent puck control and board play? Where is his defensive play? He adding nothing to the line up, even his fighting got replaced by sestito

No consistency is a poor term to describe Kassian because he doesn't show enough flashes for me to be consider a streaky player.

He boarded a Jacket tonight for what's worth.
Posted Image

#26 marleau_12

marleau_12

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,286 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:21 PM

This is so hilarious. Force feeding this kid minutes because you wouldn't give a better player more icetime. I am sure that size and toughness will come in handy getting a better tee time in the spring. There's fighting in golf right?BTW Cody got a point tonight. Feel free to insert whatever lame excuse to justify this trade again.

I'm not gonna bother with a "lame excuse", but feel free to keep checking Hodgson's stats and crying in front of your computer screen.
Posted Image

#27 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,825 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:29 PM

It seems like the defense are hesitant to give him the puck in their own end sometimes since he has so much trouble breaking out.

I think he should be put on the Sedin line and should go out and nail every player he can on the first few shifts, that should scare some players off and give them lots of space to work with.

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#28 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:31 PM

My grandma would look good playing with the Sedins. Jason King looked good playing with the Sedins. What is the point if he has to play with the Sedins to "look good". Burrows is the only player that has the best chemistry with the Sedins. Kassian needs to play better with others players aside from the Sedins.

Posted Image

#29 wendythirteenthrashers

wendythirteenthrashers

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:33 PM

................... He's becoming more stabilized lately as he's seeing more icetime.... Creating some good chances ....him and booth were good tonite offensively.... Be nice if he had some steady linemates for more than a few games to gain some chemistry.... I think he's been shuffled more than anyone....

#30 DaMacNamedDre

DaMacNamedDre

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:36 PM

My grandma would look good playing with the Sedins. Jason King looked good playing with the Sedins. What is the point if he has to play with the Sedins to "look good". Burrows is the only player that has the best chemistry with the Sedins. Kassian needs to play better with others players aside from the Sedins.

canucks arent scoring lately.

Sedin Sedin Kassian and Burrows to kick start 2nd line
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Posted ImageBodee, on 18 April 2012 - 11:07 AM, said:

I haven't been a supporter of the Canucks for long. Mainly because firstly I know nothing about NHL and secondly ESPN America only started showing NHL 3 years ago.

http://forum.canucks.com/topic/328055-whats-wrong-with-me
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.