The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kassian needs to be sent down, for everyone's benefit

The Dark Knight

Kassian is the least of our problems. What we should be worried about is our lack of effort night in and night out. I still can't figure out what the problem is, but it seems like every team is faster than us and we get outworked because of it every game.

It's almost like a CoHo curse because ever since we trady Cody every single one of our guys has started to skate like him.

Really? Where is the meaness? Where's the hitting? Where's the consistent puck control and board play? Where is his defensive play? He adding nothing to the line up, even his fighting got replaced by sestito

No consistency is a poor term to describe Kassian because he doesn't show enough flashes for me to be consider a streaky player.

This is so hilarious. Force feeding this kid minutes because you wouldn't give a better player more icetime. I am sure that size and toughness will come in handy getting a better tee time in the spring. There's fighting in golf right?BTW Cody got a point tonight. Feel free to insert whatever lame excuse to justify this trade again.

It seems like the defense are hesitant to give him the puck in their own end sometimes since he has so much trouble breaking out.

I think he should be put on the Sedin line and should go out and nail every player he can on the first few shifts, that should scare some players off and give them lots of space to work with.

They should put him back with the Sedins it would improve his game 100% and he will be there to protect them. Plus putting Burrows on the 2nd or 3rd line gives more offense to the other lines, its the obvious thing to do, so you know AV won't do it.

My grandma would look good playing with the Sedins. Jason King looked good playing with the Sedins. What is the point if he has to play with the Sedins to "look good". Burrows is the only player that has the best chemistry with the Sedins. Kassian needs to play better with others players aside from the Sedins.

First and foremost for his career, he needs to be sent down to play with Schroeder Jensen as a top unit on the wolves. Here is why...

If Schroeder got sent down for poor play why is Kassian still up? He's younger too I believe.

Everyone knows power forwards take longer to develop. Fact his both Schroeder and him aren't good enough yet

His development with this team and coaching staff is horrendous with how he's being coached and used. He looks completely lost and useless out on the ice and I have no idea why he doesn't get benched . Let him develop in the AHL because he clearly in over his head at the NHL level right now. He's not physical, weak on the puck, defensive liability and turnover machine. Hardly looks engaged in the game or takes the body consistently. He is lost!

From a fan standpoint we shouldn't have to see a player so bad get force fed a roster spot. I feel like the only reason why he's still on the club is because Mike Gillis wants to try an prove to everyone that he traded hodgson for another top prospect/nhler. He's hurting the club, everyone can see this except for the hardcore non critical Canuck fans.

Give the roster spot to someone more deserving or make a trade. The organization clearly has no confidence in him by failing to put him in better situations to succeed.

Let him develop in the AHL please, anyone can see that he's not a good NHLer right now.

Archived