200 replies to this topic

#61 The Kassassin Train

The Kassassin Train

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,110 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:35 PM

Both Kassian and Jensen are natural right wingers. That may be a problem for icing a first line in Chicago.

No goals in 20 games + 22-year old youngster = demotion every single time, in every single circumstance. You'd be the crazy one to actually keep him up here and let the 20-game drought become a 40-game drought.

By that logic Booth should be sent down too...when was the last time he scored? *yawn* for the last time he's far more a playmaker than he is a goal scorer. Next.

Edited by The Kassassin Train, 12 March 2013 - 11:36 PM.

The key difference is that Sopel can fill in for Seabrook and Campbell just fine. Bieksa, he is garbage so in that sense he is like the worst defenseman in the league.

When Cody (Hodgson) gets older, he might be better than Datsyuk.

Let's not push this guy (Kassian). He's still immature, and if he fails on the 2nd line it's because he isn't ready. Some guys really need years to develop, it's how well and how fast players adapt to the game. In my opinion, I'd rather have Horvat getting 2nd line minutes. He will start off on the 3rd line next season but I see him making the transition, being a great compliment to whoever plays his wings.

At this point, I don't see Kassian fitting in to any role other than a 3rd. If players like Kassian start getting 2nd line minutes then we just stay inconsistent as a team.

The idiocy on CDC....

#62 sting

sting

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 892 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:36 PM

They should put him back with the Sedins it would improve his game 100% and he will be there to protect them. Plus putting Burrows on the 2nd or 3rd line gives more offense to the other lines, its the obvious thing to do, so you know AV won't do it.

+1 AV is frustrating me to no end with this. I don't know how many times I watch the twins cycle set up a shot and nobody can get to the net. When Ogie was there he scored some dirties and Burr was free to spark another line. Prolly the same logic as to why Garrison is not back there launching bombs on the pp. AV Is a tool

#63 Lulover88

Lulover88

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,961 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:40 PM

+1 AV is frustrating me to no end with this. I don't know how many times I watch the twins cycle set up a shot and nobody can get to the net. When Ogie was there he scored some dirties and Burr was free to spark another line. Prolly the same logic as to why Garrison is not back there launching bombs on the pp. AV Is a tool

AV thinks he is smarter than everyone else .. is always been his problem ...

#64 Nino

Nino

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,011 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:40 PM

By that logic Booth should be sent down too...when was the last time he scored? *yawn* for the last time he's far more a playmaker than he is a goal scorer. Next.

Do you watch the games? Booth looks like twice the player zack is and he as well looks out of sink.

Edit: what plays has he set up?

Edited by Nino, 12 March 2013 - 11:43 PM.

#65 WZRD

WZRD

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,392 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:43 PM

Kassian at this time doesn't deserve a spot on the roster. Unfortunately the only reason he's still playing with the Canucks is because Gillis is trying to justify the Hodgson trade.

#66 The Kassassin Train

The Kassassin Train

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,110 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:45 PM

Do you watch the games? Booth looks like twice the player zack is and he as well looks out of sink.

His argument was no goals and being 22. Nothing else. Should I bold the argument for you? Or are you a big boy ands can figure that out? Kassian has played well with Booth. The issue isn't Kassian nor Booth. The issue was Lappy for the past 10 games. And before you start getting your panties in a bunch how many games ws Kassian on the 4th with the Dutch Gretzky. Yeah he is TOTALLY supposed to produce with 6 minutes of ice time.

Power move that lead to Higgins goal
Was open couple games ago when Booth elected to shoot on a two on one.

You need a center man to get you the puck no?

WZRD - and you think Hodgson wouldn't be crucified for being on the worst 5 on 5 line in the entire league for GA? Being a third line center your job is to shut down the other teams opposing top players no?

Edited by The Kassassin Train, 12 March 2013 - 11:51 PM.

The key difference is that Sopel can fill in for Seabrook and Campbell just fine. Bieksa, he is garbage so in that sense he is like the worst defenseman in the league.

Let's not push this guy (Kassian). He's still immature, and if he fails on the 2nd line it's because he isn't ready. Some guys really need years to develop, it's how well and how fast players adapt to the game. In my opinion, I'd rather have Horvat getting 2nd line minutes. He will start off on the 3rd line next season but I see him making the transition, being a great compliment to whoever plays his wings.

At this point, I don't see Kassian fitting in to any role other than a 3rd. If players like Kassian start getting 2nd line minutes then we just stay inconsistent as a team.

The idiocy on CDC....

#67 chrisbanks

chrisbanks

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:53 PM

i love the "put kassian with the sedins" comments... remember how he had zero assists with the sedins and everyone was saying how bad the sedins were playing when he was with them .. he cant do half the work in the offensive end that burrows does.. sliding from in front of the net to behind to the side boards and keeping the cycle game alive and not just getting open for the sedins to hit him but he also helps the sedins get open for chances ....once burrows got on that line it was 100x better than it was with kassian on it... but good for him for smacking home some tap-ins to start the season. byron bitz had 1 goal and 3 assists in 15 shifts with the sedins last year ....

#68 sting

sting

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 892 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:58 PM

AV thinks he is smarter than everyone else .. is always been his problem ...

Its why Montreal fired him. He treats every game like its for 1st place which is what most coaches do. But the great coaches see a bigger picture and treat the season as a building grounds for postseason success. They are able to revitalize stale lines by trying different combos they are able to instill confidence in young blue chip players by giving them key minutes they are able to adapt on the fly and they above all else never let the inmates run the asylum and ask goalies if they want to keep playing.

#69 sting

sting

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 892 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:02 AM

Kassian at this time doesn't deserve a spot on the roster. Unfortunately the only reason he's still playing with the Canucks is because Gillis is trying to justify the Hodgson trade.

Yes that's right they should move Sestito or Weiss into his spot.

#70 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,456 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:35 AM

Really? Where is the meaness? Where's the hitting? Where's the consistent puck control and board play? Where is his defensive play? He adding nothing to the line up, even his fighting got replaced by sestito

No consistency is a poor term to describe Kassian because he doesn't show enough flashes for me to be consider a streaky player.

He's third in hits among all our forwards.

HiromiOshimaB.gif

#71 wallstreetamigo

wallstreetamigo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,893 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:42 AM

If he is not able to be a physical presence, playmaker or put the puck in the goal then he shouldnt dress for the games.

Add "Play better D than a peewee player" and you could be talking about Edler.........lol

#72 The Kassassin Train

The Kassassin Train

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,110 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:51 AM

Yes that's right they should move Sestito or Weiss into his spot.

You forgot the sarcasm smiley.

The idiocy on CDC....

#73 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,510 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 01:00 AM

It is what it is fan boys.Suck it up because this is pro sports where you get rewarded when performing with ice time.

#74 ihavenoideawhatsgoingon

ihavenoideawhatsgoingon

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 01:01 AM

Who would replace Kassian exactly?

#75 Dildo Faggins

Dildo Faggins

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:27 AM

I agree very much with the other posters who want to see Kassian back with the Sedins. Especially at a time like this when the team is having an awful losing streak. I mean AV has tried every stupid line-up configuration he could possibly do, why not try something that was successful before? Burrows is good with the Sedins, but I think Kassian might be better in some ways, because of his big size and toughness. He can open up space and drive to the net harder, and would be harder to move. Utilize the players to their strengths.

#76 Phamda

Phamda

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:36 AM

I'm okay with sending him down to get some confidence. Getzlaf and Perry both were sent down to the AHL to get confidence when they struggled early in the NHL. Let him play top 6 mins in the NHL or the AHL. Stop using him as a plug

#77 Hairy Kneel

Hairy Kneel

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 03:33 AM

Just keep parking in front of the net Kassian..you'll find the garbage.

#78 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 03:39 AM

Unless he is with the Sedins, I agree.

This.
Kevin.jpg

#79 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 03:48 AM

Who would replace Kassian exactly?

Why not give Billy Sweatt another chance. (he wasn't ready last time but he was only 20 years old) He was playing as well as JS when JS came up and in fact imo was responsible for a lot of JS's success. He is a decent size at 6/0 and 200lbs and has 25 points. He is 2 years younger than JS at 22.

There is also Darren Archibald at 6/3 and 212 lbs with 16 pts.
Kevin.jpg

#80 Zack_Kassians_Elbow

Zack_Kassians_Elbow

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 03:54 AM

I'm a Kassian fan but let's be honest here, aside from the first 10 games or so he looks lost out there on the ice. He always seems to turn the puck over at our blue line, doesn't win many puck battles along the boards and usually just floats around with his stick out hoping to intercept a pass. I don't think sending him down is the answer, I think he simply needs a mentor to show him how to be a real power forward.

#81 hockeywoot

hockeywoot

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:55 AM

This is so hilarious. Force feeding this kid minutes because you wouldn't give a better player more icetime. I am sure that size and toughness will come in handy getting a better tee time in the spring. There's fighting in golf right?BTW Cody got a point tonight. Feel free to insert whatever lame excuse to justify this trade again.

Cody is a punk. Cody didn't want to earn his ice time like a normal player.
"but DAAAD, you told me I was sppeeecial."
"Daad, AV is not being nice to me"
"DAAAADD, AV won't give me top-6 ice time. I don't wannna learn to play defense.
Defence is ICKY. Defence is stupid. I'm a suuuperstarrr."
"WAAHHH"

Cody Hodgson Fanboy Club. Membership, is it expensive?
You're the president of the club right, can you get me a deal?

#82 Blackberries

Blackberries

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,953 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 07:39 AM

Kassian is not on this team strictly for scoring. He is also here as a physical deterent against other teams.

He does have some intangibles that schroeder lacks and thats why he's still here.
Posted Image
Movember Kassian

#83 WZRD

WZRD

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,392 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:13 AM

Kassian is not on this team strictly for scoring. He is also here as a physical deterent against other teams.

He does have some intangibles that schroeder lacks and thats why he's still here.

Hmm, I haven't really noticed the toughness that MG was talking about when he brought him in.

#84 Ride the red Pony

Ride the red Pony

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:19 AM

Hmm, I haven't really noticed the toughness that MG was talking about when he brought him in.

Ben Eager says "Hi"

#85 ice orca

ice orca

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,778 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:22 AM

You haven't noticed because you want him to fail so you can creep about Gillis/Hodgson.

#86 Blackberries

Blackberries

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,953 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:31 AM

guess you missed him breaking ben eagers face or him fighting Ryan Clowe or how henrik has become more physical since playing with him.
Or when he hulked on Antoine Roussell in the San Jose game.
Guys watch their backs a bit more when he is out there.
Posted Image
Movember Kassian

#87 Ride the red Pony

Ride the red Pony

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:35 AM

I think at the point we are at, as far as depth, it would hurt the team more than it would Kassian to send him down.
He does make mistakes, but with that being said, is that not to be expected? I find the turnovers from Kass to be more acceptable than the ones from say Edler, a player that went to the all-star game and was expected to be our #1 defenceman.
There would be some value in sending Kass down, but I don't think we have that luxury, and I don't think the kids mistakes hurt us that bad.
I wonder what some posters are expecting from this kid, do you want him dropping the gloves with every heavyweight in the league? Do you expect 20 goals in 20 games? 20+ mins. a game? I think we have to be realistic, and stop with the CoHo comparisons, as they are 2 very different players.
I know that he looks like a 40 yr. old grizzled vet. but remember the kid is only 22.

#88 Brick Tamland

Brick Tamland

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,148 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:45 AM

Zack is fine, nice chemistry with him and booth. lots of guys are in a dry spell right now.
I Love Lamp...

#89 wendythirteenthrashers

wendythirteenthrashers

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:52 AM

Give this BOOTH HIGGY KASS line a few more games ( please av)..... They're looking stellar.... The goals will come.... KASS has been line bumbled around more than anyone else on the team.... He's skating hard and they're all physical ... Cycling well.... Crashing the net....

#90 WL Canuck Fan

WL Canuck Fan

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:03 AM

When was the last time Kassian made a big hit? Let alone hitting consistently? If he's not being a physical force then atleast show some offense. Fact is he's doing neither while being a defensive liability, this is the whole point of this thread.

Really? Where is the meaness? Where's the hitting? Where's the consistent puck control and board play? Where is his defensive play? He adding nothing to the line up, even his fighting got replaced by sestito

No consistency is a poor term to describe Kassian because he doesn't show enough flashes for me to be consider a streaky player.

Are you guys talking about Zack Kassian, 3rd on the team in hits, or some other Zack Kassian?

Edited by WL Canuck Fan, 13 March 2013 - 09:14 AM.

Sig too big.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.