The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kassian needs to be sent down, for everyone's benefit

The Dark Knight

This is so hilarious. Force feeding this kid minutes because you wouldn't give a better player more icetime. I am sure that size and toughness will come in handy getting a better tee time in the spring. There's fighting in golf right?BTW Cody got a point tonight. Feel free to insert whatever lame excuse to justify this trade again.

I think at the point we are at, as far as depth, it would hurt the team more than it would Kassian to send him down.

He does make mistakes, but with that being said, is that not to be expected? I find the turnovers from Kass to be more acceptable than the ones from say Edler, a player that went to the all-star game and was expected to be our #1 defenceman.

There would be some value in sending Kass down, but I don't think we have that luxury, and I don't think the kids mistakes hurt us that bad.

I wonder what some posters are expecting from this kid, do you want him dropping the gloves with every heavyweight in the league? Do you expect 20 goals in 20 games? 20+ mins. a game? I think we have to be realistic, and stop with the CoHo comparisons, as they are 2 very different players.

I know that he looks like a 40 yr. old grizzled vet. but remember the kid is only 22.

Give this BOOTH HIGGY KASS line a few more games ( please av)..... They're looking stellar.... The goals will come.... KASS has been line bumbled around more than anyone else on the team.... He's skating hard and they're all physical ... Cycling well.... Crashing the net....

This is so hilarious. Force feeding this kid minutes because you wouldn't give a better player more icetime. I am sure that size and toughness will come in handy getting a better tee time in the spring. There's fighting in golf right?BTW Cody got a point tonight. Feel free to insert whatever lame excuse to justify this trade again.

I think at the point we are at, as far as depth, it would hurt the team more than it would Kassian to send him down.

He does make mistakes, but with that being said, is that not to be expected? I find the turnovers from Kass to be more acceptable than the ones from say Edler, a player that went to the all-star game and was expected to be our #1 defenceman.

There would be some value in sending Kass down, but I don't think we have that luxury, and I don't think the kids mistakes hurt us that bad.

I wonder what some posters are expecting from this kid, do you want him dropping the gloves with every heavyweight in the league? Do you expect 20 goals in 20 games? 20+ mins. a game? I think we have to be realistic, and stop with the CoHo comparisons, as they are 2 very different players.

I know that he looks like a 40 yr. old grizzled vet. but remember the kid is only 22.

Ive been saying this since ten games into the season. Lost is the key word. His head is not NHL ready, skill set size speed, its all there, but he has no idea how to use it at NHL level for 60 mins. He hesitates on nearly every thing he does, no confidence. putting him with the Sedins, is not the answer. them making him look better, isnt going to allow him to learn to become the best player he can.(yes i get he will learn from Sedins, but not his all around game). As much as i am a fan of AV, MG. they need to start seeing these things. put Sestito back on waivers while there at it.

Get over the trade! It is a done deal! Not to mention you are comparing apples to oranges. These are two completely different players with completely different strengths. Yes, Coho is picking up points, but his game, like the rest of the Sabres, has not exactly been stellar! And it's not like his addition to Buffalo has them as Stanley Cup contenders! (have you noticed the standings lately?) This team would not be playing any better if he was still here! And on a separate bunny trail: career wise, this trade was probably the best thing for him because at least he is getting the ice-time and the chance to really develop into a top NHL forward. He never would have gotten that had he stayed here.

Holy fickle much! You guys pi$$ and moan our youngsters never get a chance with the big club and then when they do and don't put up Crosby-esq numbers they should be sent back down.Let the kid find his way , patience is a virtue!

As for the Hodgson argument , he's playing with Vanek full time , if Kass was playing with the Sedins all the time his numbers would be different.

Archived