Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,368 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:51 PM

POPULAR

Boxer Curtis Woodhouse hunts down Twitter troll to confront him at his home

By Larry Brown March 11, 2013

British boxer Curtis Woodhouse was the subject of some online abuse from a Twitter troll after losing a fight last Friday, and he wasn’t about to let it pass. He decided to take matters into his own hands by hunting down his main Twitter antagonist nearby the person’s home, which left the Twitter user apologetic and presumably frightened.

Woodhouse, 32, is a former professional soccer player who decided to pursue boxing professionally in 2006. He is 17-5 after losing a light welterweight fight to Shayne Singleton by split decision last Friday. Though many people sent him support on Twitter by saying he got robbed in the decision, at least one person criticized him for the loss.

A Twitter user who guys by the handle of @jimmyob88 and the nickname “the master” began attacking Woodhouse and calling him names:

@woodhousecurtis Haha u lost u silly mug fight a 10 year old next time if u want to actually win u waste of spunk

— the master (@jimmyob88) March 11, 2013

@woodhousecurtis retire immediately cant even defend a pathetic little title you are a complete disgrace #awfulboxer

Woodhouse retweeted some of the nasty messages that user sent him so that his entire following would see it. He even wrote back “lol” to “the master” in response, but his friendly tone quickly changed after the nastiness continued.

@woodhousecurtis Whats funny u put so much effort in sacrificed all that time and failed to defend your mickey mouse title #wasteofspunk

@1987holmesj great is a strong word mayweather Ali tyson Lewis were great fighters @woodhousecurtis is a laughable joke in my opinion

“The Master” also wrote to Woodhouse “just retire lets face it your not good the facts and statistics prove my point a handful of losses already” while calling him a s— boxer.

It was after those messages that Woodhouse decided he’d had enough. He offered £1000 to anyone who would provide him a picture and address for the man behind trash-talking Twitter account.

The Twitter troll was unfazed and continued to taunt Woodhouse.

@woodhousecurtis what u going to do knock me out like your last opponent ooops

Woodhouse wasn’t joking around. He found out the person’s real name and street and said he was coming over for a “brew.”

After having his identity and street uncovered, the Twitter troll suddenly changed his tune and began backing down.

@woodhousecurtis chill out pal i was only doing it so you would bite back it was only abit of harmless fun

@woodhousecurtis@wit_xx i was only joking about Didnt think you would be bothered thought you would take them as a joke

@woodhousecurtis i am sorry its getting abit out of hand i am in the wrong i accept that

Since he had gone that far, Woodhouse wasn’t about to turn around even after the Twitter troll began apologizing.

Woodhouse then kept his Twitter followers updated on his mission, saying he was 47 minutes, then 17 miles, and finally 10 minutes away from the troll’s house. When he finally reached the troll’s house, he made sure everyone knew he wasn’t messing around.

Imagine that? The same guy who was acting tough and talking trash on Twitter quickly backed down and went into hiding after Woodhouse got to his home. But Woodhouse found the whole thing amusing. He began cracking jokes.

And with that, Woodhouse signed off for the night.

The anonymity of the Internet has empowered many people to write things to others they ordinarily would never say to someone’s face. Whether it’s a comment made on a blog post or newspaper article, or a posting on a social media service, people are known to act much tougher online than they would in person.

I’m glad Woodhouse did what he did and I hope many Internet trolls read the story so they learn to act differently. We get nasty emails from people all the time who don’t think there are real people operating the website and receiving the emails. As soon as we respond, their tune quickly changes and they become apologetic.

I really wish guys like DeAngelo Williams would have taken the Woodhouse approach, because that’s one way to teach them a lesson.

http://larrybrownspo...er-troll/178612

'I won’t be doing THAT again': Twitter troll sorry for abusing boxer who then turned up at his door

By Lucy Thornton | 13 Mar 2013 00:00

This is the Twitter troll who got the shock of his life when a boxer he had been abusing turned up in his street.

Shamefaced cyber bully James O’Brien yesterday issued a grovelling public apology to professional fighter Curtis Woodhouse for spending months taunting the former footballer on the micro blogging site.

It has now emerged the boxer was not the only celebrity to fall victim to the cowardly tweeter’s obscene rants.

He has also targeted Victoria Beckham, Davina McCall, Katie Price, Lennox Lewis, Rio Ferdinand and Coronation Street actress Michelle Keegan, sending them all vile messages.

Curtis, 32, was so enraged with the foul-mouthed abuse that he offered a £1,000 reward to any of his 18,000 followers who could help him find the culprit.

After his plea paid off he drove 60 miles from his home in Driffield, East Yorkshire, on Monday night to the ‘keyboard warrior’s’ address and tweeted a picture of his street in South Yorkshire.

When tracked down by the Daily Mirror about his disgusting behaviour the following day, embarrassed O’Brien said: “I’m sorry.”

Mr O’Brien, 24, who was in bed at midday after working a night shift, said: “I really regretted it. You see, all of my mates were egging me on to say things.

“It was just a bit of fun but it got really our of hand. I couldn’t believe it when I realised he was coming here.”

In response to the outrage his offensive tweets to celebrities has caused, he added: “I won’t be doing it again and I would like to apologise for my actions again.

“I’d tell other people to think twice about doing this kind of thing because you never know what the consequences will be.

“Now I just look silly.”

The internet bully said he was desperately trying to delete his profile from Twitter.

He said: “I’ve been trying to delete my account since last night but for some reason my phone won’t let me.

“I just can’t believe how out of hand the whole thing has got.

"I was at work when Curtis came here so I wasn’t home but my phone was ringing off the hook. It was crazy.”

Messages he sent to Curtis, who played for Hull City and Sheffield United, included: “retire immediately cant even defend a pathetic little title you are a complete disgrace #awfulboxer”.

After this appeared the boxer threatened to track him down, he tweeted; “chill out pal i was only doing it so you would bite back it was only a bit of harmless fun.”

Then he was left in shock when Curtis tweeted a picture of a street sign on the road which ‘Jimbob’ lives with the words, ‘Right Jimbob im here’, adding: ‘Someone tell me what number he lives at or do I have to knock on every door £itsshowtime.’

Quickly backtracking, Jimmyob88 tweeted: ‘I am sorry it’s getting a bit out of hand,’ he tweeted. ‘I am in the wrong. I accept that.’

Woodhouse - dubbed the Driffield Destroyer - eventually went home, and later jokingly tweeted: ‘Just found out you can block people. Could have let me know earlier, I could have saved 20 quid in petrol.’

Since the drama unfolded Curtis Woodhouse has 5,000 more followers - including Lennox Lewis and John Prescott - who applauded the fight back.

Boxing giant Lennox Lewis had also been targeted by O’Brien who had threatened to give the heavyweight a “knuckle butty.”

The former world heavyweight champion tweeted: ‘Ha! I LOVE this story about @woodhousecurtis paying a visit to a £keyboardwarrior on Twitter.’

And former Deputy Prime Minister John Prescott - who once famously punched a heckler for throwing an egg at him - tweeted: ‘THIS is how we deal with things in Hull.

Boxer @WoodhouseCurtis tracks down a Twitter troll to his street!’

Other victims of twitter trolls also thanked the boxer for taking action and passed on their own experiences of other trolls with one revealing: “I had someone wish my family die of cancer.

"Beyond belief. Just evil.”

http://www.mirror.co...logises-1759391

I love this story. People need to be held accoutable for what they say. Hopefully this story will help some people to think twice before they start trolling online.

Edited by pimpcurtly, 12 March 2013 - 05:53 PM.

Posted Image

#2 NightHawkSniper

NightHawkSniper

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,318 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:55 PM

Owned!

5577747361_37d631069c_m.jpg

#3 canucks since 77

canucks since 77

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:06 PM

Laughed my ass off. I wouldn't mind a few addresses from CDC to pay some visits.
Politeness is the first step to respect!

#4 Lychees

Lychees

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:23 PM

Awesome.

#5 DarthNinja

DarthNinja

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,756 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:57 PM

Laughed my ass off. I wouldn't mind a few addresses from CDC to pay some visits.

There are a few addresses that I would love to send a gang of Jehova's Witnesses to over and over and over again! :lol:

"Have not those who disbelieve known that the heavens & the earth were joined together as one united piece, then We (Allah) parted them? And We have made from water every living thing. Will they not then believe?" (Qur'an 21:30)

rsz_theylive.jpg 11477626583_2368927097.jpg  7649118508_ce3e8a74a1_o.jpg

"Some even believe we are part of a secret cabal working against the best interests of the United States, characterizing my family and me as 'internationalists' and of conspiring with others around the world to build a more integrated global political and economic structure--one world, if you will. If that's the charge, I stand guilty, and I am proud of it.” (David Rockefeller)

#6 nucklehead

nucklehead

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,352 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:02 PM

Looks like the going rate is £1000. What do you want to know?
biggerabacus_zps5cae10b6.jpg

#7 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,466 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:04 PM

It would be amazing if every poster online had to have their real name, picture and address shown publicly. Oh how things would change it would be awesome haha.

If you like looking at statistics to determine who's better, you're just a casual fan.

2.41 season GAA isn't very impressive. Let's not get into playoffs and his SV%.

Cory Schneider is the next Patrick Roy.

#8 The Brahma Bull

The Brahma Bull

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,224 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:06 PM

That troll must be loving all of the attention he is getting now.

#9 Aleksandr Pistoletov

Aleksandr Pistoletov

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,125 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:27 PM

I hope one day to see /b/ troll this guy's twitter account. Just hope he doesn't go on a shooting rampage as a result.

"When Jonah's agent called him and said Quentin Tarantino wanted to put him in a spaghetti western [Django Unchained], Jonah was like, 'You had me at spaghetti.'"

"Aziz has been charming audiences and snakes for years. And I guess you’re here tonight because now that Kanye had a real baby he doesn’t need you anymore."

-- Jeff Ross

#10 Magikal

Magikal

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,589 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:31 PM

delicious justice.
Posted Image
Credit to Lahey.

October1st,2013. #HistoryWillBeMade

#11 hsedin33

hsedin33

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,649 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:38 PM

The Internet: Breeding Cowards since 1990.

#12 Aleksandr Pistoletov

Aleksandr Pistoletov

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,125 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:54 PM

The Internet: Breeding Cowards since 1990.

Your namesake is not exactly representing toughness there, guy.

"When Jonah's agent called him and said Quentin Tarantino wanted to put him in a spaghetti western [Django Unchained], Jonah was like, 'You had me at spaghetti.'"

"Aziz has been charming audiences and snakes for years. And I guess you’re here tonight because now that Kanye had a real baby he doesn’t need you anymore."

-- Jeff Ross

#13 The Brahma Bull

The Brahma Bull

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,224 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:22 PM

The Sedins are tough as hell. They just put too much faith in the refs so dan sacrificed getting punched in the face (marchand) to try and draw a call. That was stupid on his part because the refs weren't going to call anything in the finals. Anyways, they aren't the most combative people in the world, but they are definitely tough. They take a lot of beatings and they keep going. No complaints nothing. Can't be a pansy with the ironman streak that Hank is on. I've see them have a bit more pushback this season though and I'm happy about that. If a refs sees you getting pushed around they don't care. They only call penalties on the other team when you spazz out and make a big deal about it.

Edited by The Brahma Bull, 12 March 2013 - 11:24 PM.

#14 Aleksandr Pistoletov

Aleksandr Pistoletov

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,125 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:31 PM

The Sedins are tough as hell. They just put too much faith in the refs so dan sacrificed getting punched in the face (marchand) to try and draw a call. That was stupid on his part because the refs weren't going to call anything in the finals. Anyways, they aren't the most combative people in the world, but they are definitely tough. They take a lot of beatings and they keep going. No complaints nothing. Can't be a pansy with the ironman streak that Hank is on. I've see them have a bit more pushback this season though and I'm happy about that. If a refs sees you getting pushed around they don't care. They only call penalties on the other team when you spazz out and make a big deal about it.

You've watched this season? For shame.

-- Jeff Ross

#15 MrsCanuck

MrsCanuck

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,629 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:38 AM

Thank god. I hate people who feel as if they can say anything on the internet without repercussions.
Posted Image

#16 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 01:28 AM

It would be amazing if every poster online had to have their real name, picture and address shown publicly. Oh how things would change it would be awesome haha.

Doubt there would be any posters here if that was the case lol!

Posted Image

#17 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 01:32 AM

How would a random username that might only indicate the poster's favorite player be any indication if they are tough or not? You could have Mike Tyson replying as Daisy Duke on CDC and no one would even suspect if they were tough or not.

Edited by Pouria, 13 March 2013 - 01:33 AM.

Posted Image

#18 GLASSJAW

GLASSJAW

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,379 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:06 AM

I love this story. People need to be held accoutable for what they say. Hopefully this story will help some people to think twice before they start trolling online.

hmm

nope

rsz_mad_men.jpg

le temps restitué

#19 Down by the River

Down by the River

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,387 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:07 AM

Alex is a girl's name.

OMG we could've had McKeown!

I think Virtanen was a terrible pick given that he's out for 6 months which will hinder his development. You don't pick someone at #6 under that circumstance, along with the fact that he was given a 3/5 IQ (aka he's dumb). 

God dammit Benning. WHY VIRTANEN? Terrible move.

Down by the River - Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young.

#20 Aleksandr Pistoletov

Aleksandr Pistoletov

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,125 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:16 AM

Alex is a girl's name.

And I'd rather be a femanon than listen to Neil Young. :(

-- Jeff Ross

#21 hsedin33

hsedin33

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,649 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:46 AM

Ironic, I have actually have fought at the Canadian National Black Belt tournaments and placed 5th after a series of intense tournaments and fights just to get on the team, twice. Here are a few of my medals. I've had several broken noses, jaws, and broken arms. I chose Henrik Sedin as my username because he is someone who plays the game of hockey very well, is a man of integrity, and doesn't use violence as a means of trying to express his toughness or to build his ego.

Posted Image

#22 Aleksandr Pistoletov

Aleksandr Pistoletov

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,125 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:54 AM

Ironic, I have actually have fought at the Canadian National Black Belt tournaments and placed 5th after a series of intense tournaments and fights just to get on the team, twice. Here are a few of my medals. I've had several broken noses, jaws, and broken arms. I chose Henrik Sedin as my username because he is someone who plays the game of hockey very well, is a man of integrity, and doesn't use violence as a means of trying to express his toughness or to build his ego.

Posted Image

When black belts get in the news for stopping robberies, employing karate in a hockey fight, and so on, I'll be impressed, but you don't see karate moves in a hockey fight, nor do you see Henrik Sedin fight, making all of what you said here moot. The most injuries in martial arts are self inflicted (martial arts people average 4 injuries a year and all from practicing martial arts, not from kicking ass), so showing me belts and medals (which are an arbitrary selling point, I'm a business graduate so I know) is much like showing me a seasonal Happy Meal collectible toy at McDonalds. It doesn't impress me.

Edit: Actually, it impresses me from the perspective of the person who collects money off the idiots who pay into that kind of stuff.

Edited by Aleksandr Pistoletov, 13 March 2013 - 10:55 AM.

-- Jeff Ross

#23 hsedin33

hsedin33

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,649 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 11:05 AM

Who's talking about hockey? You simply said my name doesn't inspire toughness. I'm talking about toughness, not how tough a hockey player I can be. You want to prove your 'toughness', repeatedly go into a ring with someone who wants to take your head off and see how you fair. Also my trainers were cops, people who probably stop robberies on a weekly basis. You are just a coward, hiding behind a computer screen, like that troll on twitter.

Also, my injuries are from getting punched in the face by really good opponents. I never actually had any injuries during training. Those medals are the result of literally thousands of hours spread out over almost a decade of intense training with people from all over North America. Not exactly a happy meal item.

Edited by hsedin33, 13 March 2013 - 11:29 AM.

#24 GLASSJAW

GLASSJAW

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,379 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 11:05 AM

1. doesn't like neil young
2. business major
=
3. put on ignore list

rsz_mad_men.jpg

le temps restitué

#25 Captain Aerosex

Captain Aerosex

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,978 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 11:09 AM

"Woodhouse - dubbed the Driffield Destroyer - eventually went home, and later jokingly tweeted: ‘Just found out you can block people. Could have let me know earlier, I could have saved 20 quid in petrol.’"

:lol:

Awesome story.
Posted Image

#26 Aleksandr Pistoletov

Aleksandr Pistoletov

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,125 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 11:45 AM

Who's talking about hockey? You simply said my name doesn't inspire toughness. I'm talking about toughness, not how tough a hockey player I can be. You want to prove your 'toughness', repeatedly go into a ring with someone who wants to take your head off and see how you fair. Also my trainers were cops, people who probably stop robberies on a weekly basis. You are just a coward, hiding behind a computer screen, like that troll on twitter.

Also, my injuries are from getting punched in the face by really good opponents. I never actually had any injuries during training. Those medals are the result of literally thousands of hours spread out over almost a decade of intense training with people from all over North America. Not exactly a happy meal item.

Namesake = where your name derives from = a hockey player = Henrik Sedin -- this is a hockey forum. This is really difficult to grasp isn't it?

And as for the cops, chances are in my favour martial arts has no effective use in police work. It's a silly gimmick. I also am not dumb enough to pay money for some made-up ambiguous belt system with fake medals so I can get my head knocked around pointlessly, those people who got the Happy Meal toys are in better shape not having tossed that much money away and likely not got injured, and those in the NHL are getting paid millions.

Good luck with the getting punched in the face thing.

-- Jeff Ross

#27 Dittohead

Dittohead

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,189 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:06 PM

priceless!

#28 Argon

Argon

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:07 PM

Namesake = where your name derives from = a hockey player = Henrik Sedin -- this is a hockey forum. This is really difficult to grasp isn't it?

And as for the cops, chances are in my favour martial arts has no effective use in police work. It's a silly gimmick. I also am not dumb enough to pay money for some made-up ambiguous belt system with fake medals so I can get my head knocked around pointlessly, those people who got the Happy Meal toys are in better shape not having tossed that much money away and likely not got injured, and those in the NHL are getting paid millions.

Good luck with the getting punched in the face thing.

hey hsedin, $1000 and his address is yours
Posted Image

Yo Yo you cant see me anyway what i dont need to writing skills to act cool i got froobacks and steel chains to act cool i lead the new school. Iam untochable this wont be a fight ill walk away with your mic and make you suck your own tailpipe

#29 Blue90

Blue90

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:07 PM

If you two do decide to fight someone please record it. Don't forget to yell WORLDSTAR
*** WetBreasts is gonna make it Crew ***

#30 Aleksandr Pistoletov

Aleksandr Pistoletov

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,125 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:46 PM

If you two do decide to fight someone please record it. Don't forget to yell WORLDSTAR

I was thinking YOLO..

-- Jeff Ross

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.