324 replies to this topic

#121 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,642 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:19 PM

Kesler is not the answer to our offensive problems.We need a real goal scorer or playmaker.

I agree totally but we play a lot more confident when he's playing instead of Ebbett. I'd love to see a talent infusion.

"What players need is the right kind of strength and power. That includes learning to understand that leverage and positioning can be just as important as raw strength when it comes to winning battles in the game. It's more about timing and athleticism --and avoiding injury--than it is about how much you can bench press. I don't know how many times I've seen a guy with the physique of a defensive end line up a guy half his size, only to bounce off when he connects. Sure, there is room in the game for big guys who can throw their weight around. But for the most part, players are smart enough to see them coming--and strong enough to protect the puck when they arrive. There are trainers out there who know how to devlop hockey-specific strength--though a trainer can help only if a player follows the program. All too often, I've seen players sign up with the best trainer, but not show up for their workouts and never to reap the benefits."

Bobby Orr - ORR MY STORY Viking 2013

#122 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,196 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:21 PM

I like how you can only use a Straw Man argument to "win" an argument. Inventing a world and people in it, have them write something, and then ridicule their invented response. :rolleyes:

I support BOTH goalies. They can both play lights out. But I prefer to stick with the cheaper, younger one that does not have terrible playoff numbers going forward.
Fact is Lu did not steal this game. He was downright lucky a few times where he did the old Lu slide and was way out of position and he was lucky that Johnson missed the wide open net....twice. But he did play well, and made some key saves. I applaud his effort. He did enough for the win and was great in the shootout.

Couldn't agree more, great post I agree on all points, like you I support Lu and I also think he didn't steal this game, although he played well enough, made some real key saves and was great in the shootout.

Played about as well as Cory did last game, this team just picked it up for the most part, although we still have a ways to go if we want to get back to elite form.

zackass.png

#123 wallstreetamigo

wallstreetamigo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,460 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:21 PM

I'm not feeling any better. Sorry guys.

We still don't skate the puck into the offensive zone, are just dumping and chasing, and don't seem very quick on the puck. The lack of chances at the and of the 3rd and in OT is deplorable. We need some talent or a motivational jump. I'm not sure which.

Sorry to harsh your buzz.

Is "buzz" the new word for mind-numbing concern at the way this team is playing? If so, my buzz can't be harshed......

#124 zejono

zejono

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 601 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:22 PM

LOL anybody see the Pens game? We are no where near their level of play.

#125 sedated

sedated

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,727 posts

Schneider has been better since calling himself out for playing average so going forward both goalies seem to be on their game especially if Luongo can play like that because his last couple of starts have been iffy

Schneider has been decent. I don't like some of the softies he gives up but in his last 5 he's been around .933% usually, you can't be unhappy with that. But that was my point.. average or even 'good' isn't good enough. If our goalie lets in 2 goals, it's almost a guaranteed loss. We just haven't been scoring at all. Unless they play great like Luongo did tonight and pitch a shutout or just give up one goal, we lose.

It's unfair to the goalies and in no way am I saying "they have to be better", they've been fine all year, hell, even Schneider in some of his bad games and Luongo in Detroit wasn't 'bad'. Our defense has just been hellaciously sketchy at times and our offense is just not a factor at all. Those two things need to improve, not the goalies.

#126 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,537 posts

I have said it before and I will say it again...

http://forum.canucks...__fromsearch__1

... Thank U Luongo

If you like looking at statistics to determine who's better, you're just a casual fan.

2.41 season GAA isn't very impressive. Let's not get into playoffs and his SV%.

Cory Schneider is the next Patrick Roy.

#127 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,728 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:23 PM

Booth is a beast, beak him all you want, but without him we would be the softest team ever.

Posted Image

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#128 Melons

Melons

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:24 PM

One of the most complete games we've played in a while--almost a full game! Not sure how we retain puck possession if we dump & change all the time. At least they were looking to take more shots on the PP. Jason Garrison was a beast, best game as a canuck so far. Like Booth/Higgs/Kass line, lots of hits. Still not sold on Booth-I loved his game but he really needs to put some in the net, seems like we've been saying this since he came to Van. Edler had his best game in awhile too.

I still say big changes need to be made. Press conference tomorrow? GCG!

#129 fagin

fagin

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts

yes he started those 3 games in place of Luongo, but 3 games does not make him a better goalie.

we have 2 solid goalies but Luongo is playing more like the starter this year

He also lost 2 of the 3 did he not ?

#130 CB007

CB007

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,661 posts

Booth is a beast, beak him all you want, but without him we would be the softest team ever.

Booth will score some goals soon.
Posted Image

#131 Dragonfruits

Dragonfruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,496 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:25 PM

minny and ducks are tied currently 1-1 in the third period 8:26 left to play

#132 CB007

CB007

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,661 posts

I'm happy to say that Barker has not looked out of place. He's been fine.
Posted Image

#133 Understand

Understand

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,721 posts

Raymond continues to embarrass the team with his stupid SO move.....

#134 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts

He also lost 2 of the 3 did he not ?

yeah Schneider lost 2 of those 3 but it was because of the same reason we lost in the finals, we couldn't score for crap

#135 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,642 posts

Barker was great with Team Canada as a junior. Reminded me of Harmonic or Myers a bit.

He knows how to get shots on net. Our other players don't understand shooting it right away to cause pressure and not get caught with the puck.

"What players need is the right kind of strength and power. That includes learning to understand that leverage and positioning can be just as important as raw strength when it comes to winning battles in the game. It's more about timing and athleticism --and avoiding injury--than it is about how much you can bench press. I don't know how many times I've seen a guy with the physique of a defensive end line up a guy half his size, only to bounce off when he connects. Sure, there is room in the game for big guys who can throw their weight around. But for the most part, players are smart enough to see them coming--and strong enough to protect the puck when they arrive. There are trainers out there who know how to devlop hockey-specific strength--though a trainer can help only if a player follows the program. All too often, I've seen players sign up with the best trainer, but not show up for their workouts and never to reap the benefits."

Bobby Orr - ORR MY STORY Viking 2013

#136 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:26 PM

LOL anybody see the Pens game? We are no where near their level of play.

the scored almost half as many goals against the Bruins in 4 minutes as we did in 7 games against them in the finals lol

#137 TimberWolf

TimberWolf

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,367 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:27 PM

I didn't say anyone said he had a bad game. I said that it's funny that troll posters that rag on goalies disappear if the goalie they dislike has a good game. To me, it's very evident that select posters post a hell of a lot more when Schneider is playing or Luongo has a bad game. It's not defending anyone or anything, just an observation. It more seems like somehow Schneider fans are upset that I could say such a thing. I didn't even compare Schneider and Luongo in the post you quoted. You're actually the one causing drama by saying I was starting it.. by not saying anything bad about Schneider.

My point was to not feed the fire (which you did by trying to get a reaction on the first page of the thread)

I was saying Lu-Urns...

star-wars-hockey-goal.gif?w=284

#138 fagin

fagin

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:27 PM

I agree totally but we play a lot more confident when he's playing instead of Ebbett. I'd love to see a talent infusion.

My point was I hope Gillis dosen't think he and he alone is the answer to our problems when he returns.

#139 TimberWolf

TimberWolf

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,367 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:29 PM

minny and ducks are tied currently 1-1 in the third period 8:26 left to play

Honestly don't want to get to the point where we are hoping other teams lose.

I was saying Lu-Urns...

star-wars-hockey-goal.gif?w=284

#140 winthecup

winthecup

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,846 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:29 PM

Not only are we seeing alot more clutch and grab/interference against the Canucks because of the refs letting them get away with it, it doesnt help that the Canucks havnt been able to keep teams honest by making them pay on the PP.

#141 yogolol

yogolol

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:30 PM

POPULAR

Raymond continues to embarrass the team with his stupid SO move.....

What an embarrassment winning the game for us, he should be a healthy scratch next game.
Watch my hockey tributes! http://www.youtube.c...urjesuss/videos

#142 winthecup

winthecup

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,846 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:30 PM

the scored almost half as many goals against the Bruins in 4 minutes as we did in 7 games against them in the finals lol

They didnt have to face a hot Tim Thomas.

#143 TheCammer

TheCammer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:32 PM

Raymond goal should not have counted but still good to get the victory.

Why is that? He's done the exact same move before and scored. If the puck is still in motion it hasn't stopped forward progress it's a good goal. If Raymond came to a full stop and then spun it might also be called off but none of that happened.

Learn the rules.
Posted Image

#144 sedated

sedated

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,727 posts

My point was to not feed the fire (which you did by trying to get a reaction on the first page of the thread)

My post was on the third page, an I didn't say anything about either goalie, let alone Schneider, just that it's funny that trolls don't even come out if the goalie they don't like plays well. And none of them did, so it's hard to play with a fire that's not there. Although, considering how you've been saying I'm starting stuff, I guess not all of the sensitive Schneider fans stop posting. They just try to start random arguments from nothing.

#145 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

They didnt have to face a hot Tim Thomas.

Still they scored 3 goals in 4 minutes and we could only manage 8 in 420 minutes

#146 fagin

fagin

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:33 PM

yeah Schneider lost 2 of those 3 but it was because of the same reason we lost in the finals, we couldn't score for crap

Couldn't agree more ! Unfortunately we have yet to address that problem.Trading either goalie is NOT the answer this season.

#147 lolwut?

lolwut?

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:33 PM

What an embarrassment winning the game for us, he should be a healthy scratch next game.

There have been many games where Raymomd should be a scratch yet continues to get opportunity after another..
His only move in the shootout is pretty weak though honestly.. win or lose its still kind of embarassing.

#148 CB007

CB007

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,661 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:34 PM

Man I need to see the Raymond goal!
Posted Image

#149 Lulover88

Lulover88

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,722 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:34 PM

it took us a shoot out to beat columbus .. mike better get his ass in gear .. he cant possibly think that this is acceptable .. we are in big trouble if nucks management think were a top tier team .. we need help .. right now we are just plain average .. please mike .. help

#150 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:35 PM

Couldn't agree more ! Unfortunately we have yet to address that problem.Trading either goalie is NOT the answer this season.

well it kind of is if it brings in someone to help us with our scoring problems

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.