324 replies to this topic

#151 winthecup

winthecup

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,846 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:35 PM

There have been many games where Raymomd should be a scratch yet continues to get opportunity after another..
His only move in the shootout is pretty weak though honestly.. win or lose its still kind of embarassing.

I wasnt embarrassed.

#152 kilgore

kilgore

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,414 posts

You disgust me for calling him downright lucky. No way you would say that about Cory.

Luongo stole the game. He made the save in the last minute of play to STEAL BOTH POINTS. The same save Cory didn't make in OT... almost identical position too.

Cory is a great goalie, he has a great future.
Luongo is ELITE. He will be better than Cory for atleast a few more years. We must win now, not develop an up incoming goalie.

Wow. someone bookmark this post!

Obviously your definition of "stole" is different than mine. We'll agree to disagree on that.

But "ELITE"? My definition of elite is the highest ranking one can get. Or do you have another level higher? Roy, Brodeur, Dryden, Hasek. All won Stanley Cups besides a plethora of other trophies. They DID steal games, but not just regular season ones, which Lu has done without question.

#153 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,622 posts

My point was I hope Gillis dosen't think he and he alone is the answer to our problems when he returns.

No, but MG might wait until next year to address that.

Anaheim scored, we could be back in 3rd.
There are things known and unknown ... and in between are the doors.

#154 Dragonfruits

Dragonfruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,496 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:36 PM

it took us a shoot out to beat columbus .. mike better get his ass in gear .. he cant possibly think that this is acceptable .. we are in big trouble if nucks management think were a top tier team .. we need help .. right now we are just plain average .. please mike .. help

columbus is hot right now and playing great especially bob we should be happy

also ducks just scored 3 minutes left

#155 TheCammer

TheCammer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,597 posts

thought it would have been that the puck didnt carry continuous forward motion

The rule is not continuous forward motion or you couldn't pull the puck back to your backhand. It's continuous forward motion. The league ruled on this a couple of years ago when Raymond and a couple of others tried it.
Posted Image

#156 van_ws

van_ws

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 964 posts

A win.. great but you cannot be happy at all about the real underlying problem with this team - they cannot score. There is not enough depth across all four lines to be any threat to the better teams in the West.

They need a proven goal-scorer first and foremost. At this point, the only way to give the Canucks a chance to win is to let in 2 or fewer goals every game.

#157 VancityBeast

VancityBeast

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Ducks 2 - 1 Minny - We are back up again. Lets keep it that way :)
Posted Image

#158 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,622 posts

Obviously your definition of "stole" is different than mine. We'll agree to disagree on that.

But "ELITE"? My definition of elite is the highest ranking one can get. Or do you have another level higher? Roy, Brodeur, Dryden, Hasek. All won Stanley Cups besides a plethora of other trophies. They DID steal games, but not just regular season ones, which Lu has done without question.

You guys should get out of goalie love and concentrate on your team.
There are things known and unknown ... and in between are the doors.

#159 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts

When your team only scores 1 goal and still wins, then your goalie had alot to do with it. plain and simple

#160 CB007

CB007

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,661 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:37 PM

There have been many games where Raymomd should be a scratch yet continues to get opportunity after another..
His only move in the shootout is pretty weak though honestly.. win or lose its still kind of embarassing.

Winning good. Losing bad. End of story. Don't bring further emotions into it.
Posted Image

#161 CB007

CB007

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,661 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:38 PM

A win.. great but you cannot be happy at all about the real underlying problem with this team - they cannot score. There is not enough depth across all four lines to be any threat to the better teams in the West.

They need a proven goal-scorer first and foremost. At this point, the only way to give the Canucks a chance to win is to let in 2 or fewer goals every game.

CBJ and Brobovsky have been playing great. But yes we need to score more.

And dude we scored 4 plus EN against LA the weekend before. That was good.

Edited by CB007, 12 March 2013 - 07:38 PM.

Posted Image

#162 lolwut?

lolwut?

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:40 PM

Winning good. Losing bad. End of story. Don't bring further emotions into it.

You do whatever you like.. the spimorama in the shootout is lame imo.. not as lame though as raymond and his contributions to this team, but still pretty lame.
The reason the Canucks are in the position they are in is becuase they have players like raymond endlessly underachieving and continually given more chances instead of being moved to bring in players that can actually get it done.

Ps if youre one of those fans that is happy after a win regardless of how the team played then by all means go right ahead.. ill stick with reality where to brutal truth is that the canucks just won vs the worst team in the league through.a shootout.. a team they just recently lost to in the same weak fashion.

Edited by lolwut?, 12 March 2013 - 07:43 PM.

#163 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,940 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:41 PM

VERY surprised Raymond's goal there wasn't called back.

But Bobs was completely sold on it. Meh.
Posted Image

#164 yogolol

yogolol

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts

CBJ and Brobovsky have been playing great. But yes we need to score more.

And dude we scored 4 plus EN against LA the weekend before. That was good.

Yah if you gotta say things like this the team is in trouble "oh yah last week they a had good offensive outing, it's all good"
Watch my hockey tributes! http://www.youtube.c...urjesuss/videos

#165 Dragonfruits

Dragonfruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,496 posts

ducks win were back in third place

#166 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,500 posts

I'm not feeling any better. Sorry guys.

We still don't skate the puck into the offensive zone, are just dumping and chasing, and don't seem very quick on the puck. The lack of chances at the and of the 3rd and in OT is deplorable. We need some talent or a motivational jump. I'm not sure which.

Sorry to harsh your buzz.

Was thinking the same. A W is nice and I'm happy for the points but nothing changed much from what has been ailing this team. I wil say thery were more physical than they have been.

Columbus had better scoring chances but missed some golden opportunities otherwise this game never sees OT.

Stillv ery concerned but it does feel better than a loss no matter how they got it done.

#167 wendythirteenthrashers

wendythirteenthrashers

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:42 PM

Ok time to go on a winning streak.... Minn just lost in regulation .... Back to 3rd..... Lets stay there!

#168 zejono

zejono

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 601 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:42 PM

When we loss torres that really took our depth down. He is pretty consistent for a 3rd liner plus he only wants 1 mill. Compared to Booth which is like 4 torres contracts, I'll take torres anyday

#169 guesswhere

guesswhere

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:43 PM

yeah Schneider lost 2 of those 3 but it was because of the same reason we lost in the finals, we couldn't score for crap

Point taken. Basically wasn't Luongo and wasn't Schneider, but hey, if it sells newspaypas...

Edited by guesswhere, 12 March 2013 - 07:44 PM.

#170 zoner.

zoner.

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:44 PM

Luongo stole two games for us in the Stanley Cup Final. No one showed up for Game 7, so don't try and play that card. He is elite whether you like it or not, and Schneider will never have the impact Luongo has had.
Posted Image

#171 SergioMomesso

SergioMomesso

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,873 posts

Back on top of the NW. Now lets stay there.
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:5584]

#172 Wedge-tailed Eagle

Wedge-tailed Eagle

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Couldn't agree more, great post I agree on all points, like you I support Lu and I also think he didn't steal this game, although he played well enough, made some real key saves and was great in the shootout.

Played about as well as Cory did last game, this team just picked it up for the most part, although we still have a ways to go if we want to get back to elite form.

Seriously tired of your mindless comments, you are not fooling anyone. Everyone know you are the biggest Schnieder fanboy out there, and are pretty close to a Lu hater not supporter. I swear whenever you claim to "support" Lu there is something negative after it. Luongo did pretty much steal this game quite a few spectacular saves, that said Schnieder also steals games for us.
Posted Image

Credit to -Vintage Canuck- for awesome sig

#173 Gman

Gman

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,490 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:45 PM

The rule is not continuous forward motion or you couldn't pull the puck back to your backhand. It's continuous forward motion. The league ruled on this a couple of years ago when Raymond and a couple of others tried it.

Wut?
Posted Image

"We must respect the other fellow's religion, but only in the same sense to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and his children smart." - H.L. Mencken

"When you understand why you don't believe in other people's gods, you will understand why I don't believe in yours."- Albert Einstein

"People who don't like their beliefs being laughed at shouldn't have such funny beliefs." - Unknown

"Atheism is a non-prophet organization" - Unknown

#174 MikeyD

MikeyD

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,194 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:45 PM

Av calls a timeout we win. Wow. Haha seriously though nice to get a win. Defence wasn't awful tonight

Posted Image

#175 Understand

Understand

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,721 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:46 PM

When we loss torres that really took our depth down. He is pretty consistent for a 3rd liner plus he only wants 1 mill. Compared to Booth which is like 4 torres contracts, I'll take torres anyday

Torres is actually a better player than Booth, hit harder, tougher, score big goals etc.....why does Raymond make so much more than him.....this world is so unfair....

#176 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:48 PM

Luongo stole two games for us in the Stanley Cup Final. No one showed up for Game 7, so don't try and play that card. He is elite whether you like it or not, and Schneider will never have the impact Luongo has had.

You should change your handle to "Nostradamus"!

#177 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:49 PM

Wut?

He meant the rule is continuous motion. Doesn't have to be forward motion.

#178 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,368 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:49 PM

Forgot how nice a win feels. :lol:

Posted Image

#179 kilgore

kilgore

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,414 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:50 PM

You guys should get out of goalie love and concentrate on your team.

You're right. Point taken. I usually don't get into these pointless psing contests. I'll stop.

straw man arguers just get my goat.

#180 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:50 PM

Couldn't agree more, great post I agree on all points, like you I support Lu and I also think he didn't steal this game, although he played well enough, made some real key saves and was great in the shootout.

Played about as well as Cory did last game, this team just picked it up for the most part, although we still have a ways to go if we want to get back to elite form.

They really weren't that much better tonight, definitely not defensively. Columbus only had 5 less shots than Minnesota did last game.

Luongo was the biggest reason we won tonight, not even comparable to Cory last game sorry

Edited by Primus099, 12 March 2013 - 07:51 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.