Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

[Speculation] Jake Gardiner unhappy in Toronto?

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#31 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,889 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:52 PM

just my opinion, but an agent shouldn't be going to the media/world like that. If you have a problem with the team, then its with the team. Don't try and create controversy, cause it just degrades your reputation

I agree.

And 22 year olds who have some offensive upside but aren't necessarily ready to handle the two way nature of the NHL game should stop whining, acting like they're entitled to spoon fed minutes, and work to improve the weaker parts of their game.

Gardiner has lots of potential, but he was also enjoyed a lot of sheltered minutes and played on a team last year that was literally porous.. The Leafs are doing well, and a large part of that is playing much more solid defensive hockey. Carlyle isn't the type to be wooed by flashy rushes - there's a hell of a lot more to the game than that.
Gardiner also had some concussion issues did he not? Rushing this youngster back into the lineup hasn't been necessary and probably not prudent.
I don't think his agent is helping with this kind of drama - "Free Gardiner" - really?
The prison justice language is in really bad taste imo.

Edited by oldnews, 12 March 2013 - 09:55 PM.

#32 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,533 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:16 PM

No surprise that Gardiner & Lupul have problems getting icetime under Randy Carlyle. Oh... I mean they've been injured. Right.
Posted Image

#33 Common sense

Common sense

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,736 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:19 PM

For a guy who was poised to break out this year, of course his agent is frustrated. That said, unless TOR brings Gardiner up to the bigs, I could see a move on the horizon.

#34 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,216 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:38 PM

Edmonton should be all over this

#35 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • 14,889 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:51 PM

Everyone's gonna be unhappy in Toronto.

They've begun their clockwork descent to their rightful place - outside looking in on the playoffs muahahaha!!!!

#36 mpt

mpt

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,543 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:59 AM

Gardiner for Horcoff + a pick?

Might as well throw in Raymond, Ballard and a 1st.

If its anyone going to Toronto; I could see Gagner for Gardiner and whatever they want to balance it out

Edited by mpt, 13 March 2013 - 01:02 AM.

#37 Edlerberry

Edlerberry

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 01:29 AM

Its cause Korbinian Holzer sounds better on the play by play than Jake Gardiner
July 7-2013

Toronto will take a step back next year.
Feel free to quote me.

July 8-2013

Wow I can't believe peoples replies...
Im done here. You people are disgusting..

#38 wallstreetamigo

wallstreetamigo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,633 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 01:35 AM

Its cause Korbinian Holzer sounds better on the play by play than Jake Gardiner

No its because Nonis is afraid that someone in the media will then find a picture of him and Gardiner and title it "Jake and the Fatman".........

#39 aqua59

aqua59

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,011 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 03:38 PM

Good luck him wanting anything to do with the Canucks.....that is Ballard's agent too...... ;)

Thanks AV

#40 RyanKeslord17

RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 03:39 PM

Schneider for Gardiner+ 1st
Posted Image

#41 MayRayDown

MayRayDown

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 03:45 PM

Good luck him wanting anything to do with the Canucks.....that is Ballard's agent too...... ;)

Surprised he hasn't started a #FreeKeithBallard tweet after he has been locked in AV's doghouse for 2 years now.

#42 Argon

Argon

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:20 PM

How do you know he has not tried to resolve the issue with the team?

GM's don't really care what is best for players unless it happens to also benefit them. When some of the plugs they are playing in TO come back down to earth they might regret this though....

it doesn't matter how many issues you have with a gm or player, you don't go off and namecall in the media. Its sefish and immature. And especially when its something stupid and cheeky like this. I'm betting not too many gm's would like to deal with something like that if it were their player, so why would you even want to trade for him (if he were to be made available)
Posted Image

Yo Yo you cant see me anyway what i dont need to writing skills to act cool i got froobacks and steel chains to act cool i lead the new school. Iam untochable this wont be a fight ill walk away with your mic and make you suck your own tailpipe

#43 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 72,174 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 07:35 PM

Leafs' Jake Gardiner responds to agent's tweet:

Jake Gardiner doesn't want outside forces to distract him.

One day after his agent Ben Hankinson (@benhankinson) caused a social media stir by tweeting the hashtag "#FreeJakeGardiner," the current Toronto Marlies defenceman said Wednesday he's not going to let it affect his on-ice performance.

"It’s just my agent’s thoughts and his choice to tweet that," Gardiner told reporters after the Marlies’ morning skate on Wednesday. "There are always distractions, especially in Toronto. Sometimes people can blow things out of proportion [but] I don't think he meant anything by it and I'm not going to let that distract me."

The tweet took some focus off the Maple Leafs Tuesday night after they dropped their third straight game, 5-2, to the Winnipeg Jets.

The native of Deephaven, Minn., was also quick to point out he doesn't want the AHL to become his permanent home.

"I’m just trying to play my game and get there as soon as possible," Gardiner said. “Nobody wants to be in the AHL for very long. Everybody wants to play in the NHL."

Speculation grew as to what the tweet meant for Gardiner, who has played in just two games with the Leafs this season and suffered a concussion during the NHL lockout last December. Still, Gardiner has been regarded as an important piece of Toronto's future puzzle.

The 22-year-old began the season on injured reserve, then made his debut in January. He was sent down after two contests with Toronto.

Should Gardiner play in three more games this year for the Leafs, he'll have to clear waivers if Toronto wants to send him back to the AHL.

In 40 games with the Marlies this year, the six-foot-two, 184-pound defenceman has 10 goals and 20 assists. He had a successful rookie campaign last season when he scored seven goals and 30 points in 75 games for the Leafs.

http://www.cbc.ca/sp...weet-agent.html

307mg00.jpg

#44 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,511 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 07:57 PM

Maybe something like Gardiner, MacArthur and a 2nd for Perry?

Perry - Grabovski - Kessel
Lupul - Bozak - JVR
Frattin - Kadri - Kulemin
Komarov - McClement - McLaren

Phaneuf - Gunnarson
Fraser - Franson
Liles - Kostka

Reimer
Scrivens

That's a playoff roster IMO

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#45 PLOGUE

PLOGUE

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,960 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:01 PM

Heard an interesting trade proposal coming from a Toronto fan today at work:

To Toronto: Luongo, Booth, 3rd

To Vancouver: Reimer, Bozak, Gardiner, Komisarek, 2nd

His reasoning was the Canucks would have to take a bad contract back in Komisarek, and the 2nd was additional because Bozak is an UFA after this season. I actually like this deal for both sides.
QUOTE (ephysdad @ Oct 26 2008, 09:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Or then of course there's always the Ferry

Also,
I'm putting together a list of the criteria to be a "real" Canuck's fan. So far I have this:

1. I cheer for the Canucks, whatever happens.
2. I never say anything bad about the Canucks.
3. I know the difference between "real" fans and posers just by how they post on the CDC or where they sit at GM Place.
4. I wouldn't dream of leaving a game before it ended, even if it meant missing a train, ferry or a threesome with the wife and her hot best friend?
5. I make 10+ posts a day and I have over 10,000 posts on the CDC, so my Canuck "street-cred" is huge. Go away noob!
6. No one F's with me. I train in MMA. I'm really tough. I'll curb stomp yo' donkey.
7. I make a tonne of $$$$.
8. I'm witty.
9. If it meant missing a game, I wouldn't study for a midterm.
10. I roll with a guy who has a wicked car.
11. I like to post "source?" a lot.

#46 PLOGUE

PLOGUE

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,960 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:07 PM

Maybe something like Gardiner, MacArthur and a 2nd for Perry?

Perry - Grabovski - Kessel
Lupul - Bozak - JVR
Frattin - Kadri - Kulemin
Komarov - McClement - McLaren

Phaneuf - Gunnarson
Fraser - Franson
Liles - Kostka

Reimer
Scrivens

That's a playoff roster IMO

You actually believe it would take that little to get a 50 goal scorer. I don't think that conversation even starts without Kessel and Toronto's next two first rounders.

Perry is not going to be traded unless the return is insane, think top 6 forward, top 4 dman, top prospect and two high draft picks. He is worth it, the whole package, big, mean, scores, hustles, and can lead. I'd be more than happy if Gillis offered up Raymond, Edler, Jansen a 1st and a 2nd for perry.

Also,
I'm putting together a list of the criteria to be a "real" Canuck's fan. So far I have this:

3. I know the difference between "real" fans and posers just by how they post on the CDC or where they sit at GM Place.
4. I wouldn't dream of leaving a game before it ended, even if it meant missing a train, ferry or a threesome with the wife and her hot best friend?
5. I make 10+ posts a day and I have over 10,000 posts on the CDC, so my Canuck "street-cred" is huge. Go away noob!
6. No one F's with me. I train in MMA. I'm really tough. I'll curb stomp yo' donkey.
8. I'm witty.

#47 Canuck919191

Canuck919191

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:06 PM

Gardiner for Horcoff + a pick?

Horcoff is compliance buyout material, not trade for one of the better young D-men material.

#48 InTheCrease

InTheCrease

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,601 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:52 AM

Isn't he best friends with Justin Schultz? Two divas. They belong together. :lol:

Hemsky for Gardiner :)
I played for the Leafs for three years, Im used to the booing so it wont affect me - Kyle Wellwood

#49 Monty

Monty

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,123 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:14 AM

A player is unhappy in Toronto?

Can you imagine drowning AT a KK Rev concert?

i'm pretty sure that's how zombies are born.

#50 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 32,533 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:31 AM

I had to laugh at Gardiner's attempt at brushing off his agents' tweet.

'That was his thoughts, not mine.'

Lol, so he doesn't represent you? Because you are paying him to do so...
Posted Image

#51 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • 14,889 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 12:32 PM

I liked Eakins' response - thought it was idiotic to be suggesting that Gardiner is behind bars in the AHL - "he's in a good place" was Eakins perspective.
These uppity handlers of 22yr olds need to give their heads a shake.

#52 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,511 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 12:41 PM

You actually believe it would take that little to get a 50 goal scorer. I don't think that conversation even starts without Kessel and Toronto's next two first rounders.

Perry is not going to be traded unless the return is insane, think top 6 forward, top 4 dman, top prospect and two high draft picks. He is worth it, the whole package, big, mean, scores, hustles, and can lead. I'd be more than happy if Gillis offered up Raymond, Edler, Jansen a 1st and a 2nd for perry.

Have you forgotten that Perry is a pending free agent? That offer is very reasonable as it fills needs for both teams. You're over-valueing Perry here.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#53 Patrick Kane

Patrick Kane

Assistant to Regional Manager

• Members
  • 14,373 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:03 PM

Toronto needs a C much more then a RW

You will be missed.

#54 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,365 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:19 PM

I wonder what it would take for the Canucks to get Paul Ranger. Perhaps he is worth looking at. Another project type player for dirt cheap. Both he and Barker have obviously had NHL success. Ranger, unlike Barker, didn't fall off the face of the planet in terms of hockey ability but "retired" for personal reasons until this season.

Perhaps he's ready to return to the NHL. 23 points in 38 games, +18.
Posted Image

#55 PLOGUE

PLOGUE

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,960 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:03 PM

Have you forgotten that Perry is a pending free agent? That offer is very reasonable as it fills needs for both teams. You're over-valueing Perry here.

Didn't forget at all, that is the only reason perry and trade are being used in the same sentence. This isn't some near the end of his career rental, irregardless of the fact that he is a pending UFA, perry commands a hefty price from anyone during the season, a slightly lesser price at/before the draft. Anyone who thinks that the could get him for an unproven defenseman and a borderline third liner plus a pick is living in fantasy land. Perry is a star and a franchise player. It will take a massive package for the competitive ducks to even consider trading him.

Also,

8. I'm witty.

#56 Monty

Monty

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,123 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:17 PM

Didn't forget at all, that is the only reason perry and trade are being used in the same sentence. This isn't some near the end of his career rental, irregardless of the fact that he is a pending UFA, perry commands a hefty price from anyone during the season, a slightly lesser price at/before the draft. Anyone who thinks that the could get him for an unproven defenseman and a borderline third liner plus a pick is living in fantasy land. Perry is a star and a franchise player. It will take a massive package for the competitive ducks to even consider trading him.

Agreed. If the Leafs want Perry, they'll have to give quite a bit to get him. You're starting, STARTING with Kadri and Gardiner. Both have not proven past 1 season (or half a season in Kadri's case). Perry is a top 5 RW in the NHL. Regardless of the fact he is a pending UFA, he goes for a lot.

#57 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,137 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:17 PM

Agreed. If the Leafs want Perry, they'll have to give quite a bit to get him. You're starting, STARTING with Kadri and Gardiner. Both have not proven past 1 season (or half a season in Kadri's case). Perry is a top 5 RW in the NHL. Regardless of the fact he is a pending UFA, he goes for a lot.

Provided TO can confirm an extension...Kessel + Gardiner?
Posted Image

#58 Monty

Monty

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,123 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:08 PM

Provided TO can confirm an extension...Kessel + Gardiner?

Not bad. Anaheim are guaranteed Gardiner and have Kessel for 1 year. If they can get him signed to an extension, he will cost less than Perry.

#59 Xbox

Xbox

Formerly Lups

• Members
  • 8,789 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:17 PM

I honestly think this guy will be a #1 D in the future.

2yo50sh.jpg

small.pngGM - STHS                                  Sig Cred to -Vintage Canuck-

#60 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,370 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:06 AM

lol at the people that thought he was the second coming of Christ.

Canuckslogo160x160.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.