13 replies to this topic

#1 Lulover88

Lulover88

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,692 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:02 PM

I have heard something that will be brought up by mike gillis and a few other gms around the league during the gm meetings will be the legality of shot blocking .. I have many friends within the sport who believe that leaving your feet to block a shot should be penalized . WIth the amount of shot blocks per game, I can only imagine how much more teams would be scoring if this rule was set in place .. what do you ladies and gentlemen think ..

do you think it will make the game more exciting ?

do you think theres a chance that the nhl will go for it?

#2 Tom Sestito

Tom Sestito

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,929 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:13 PM

No. Just make the nets bigger, god damnit nhl. stop with these small little things.
Posted Image
Thank you VC!

#3 Lulover88

Lulover88

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,692 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:32 PM

No. Just make the nets bigger, god damnit nhl. stop with these small little things.

i think that this small little thing is making the game incredibly hard to watch .. its boring .. personally i like to see goals scored ..

#4 Lulover88

Lulover88

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,692 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:41 PM

and also it doesnt matter how big the net is if shots arent getting through to it ..

#5 Maninthebox

Maninthebox

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:41 PM

Also hear they'll look into reducing goalie equipment again. Player equipment could be looked at as well. Not interested in larger nets, especially the goofy rounder or bulging examples they showed off a few years back.

As to shot blocking, I wouldn't mind seeing a change if they test it properly in the AHL or something. I personally prefer solid two-way hockey over the terrible high-scoring hockey we see from the east at times. I mean, Pittsburgh v NYI the other night was absolutely atrocious hockey. The same can be said for Det v Van.

Just opinion of course. For whatever reason, a 2-1 game with lots of chances and good defense/goaltending is more exciting than a 6-5 tilt with nothing but offense and lucky bounces.

#6 ajhockey

ajhockey

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,284 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:48 PM

I like shot blocking. It perfectly emulates what hockey is about. The grind, sacrifice, and pain it takes to get a hard-earned win.

14ndb35.jpg
Credit to -Vintage Canuck- for the awesome sig!

"Gino, Gino, Gino, Gino!"
Rest In Peace, Rypien, Demitra, and Bourdon

#7 Lulover88

Lulover88

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,692 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:54 PM

I like shot blocking. It perfectly emulates what hockey is about. The grind, sacrifice, and pain it takes to get a hard-earned win.

i like it what it stands for too ... I dont think they want to stop shot blocking , i just think they would like to limit the way its done i.e. leaving your feet to block a shot ..

#8 Pineapples

Pineapples

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,722 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:00 PM

If they went with a rule like that, it should only apply to the crease. It's frustrating when a team just piles up in the crease to block a shot, and shows a lot less skill imo.

Pineapple_jumps.gifPineapple_jumps.gif

#9 Lulover88

Lulover88

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,692 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:03 PM

If they went with a rule like that, it should only apply to the crease. It's frustrating when a team just piles up in the crease to block a shot, and shows a lot less skill imo.

thats a good point .. im curious how they would put a rule like this into affect .. I wont be suprised if they do try it though

#10 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,600 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:05 PM

Making shot blocking illegal would be incredibly stupid.
Seeing a winger throw his body infront of a 100MPH slapshot for the good of the team is exhilarating.
Posted Image

#11 Lulover88

Lulover88

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,692 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:38 PM

Making shot blocking illegal would be incredibly stupid.
Seeing a winger throw his body infront of a 100MPH slapshot for the good of the team is exhilarating.

really ??? more exhilarating than watching a goal get scored ? I dont know what youve been watching , but what ive been watching has been pretty boring .. incredibly and stupidly boring ..

#12 etsen3

etsen3

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,544 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:40 PM

This, x999999

Edited by etsen3, 12 March 2013 - 11:41 PM.

#13 Lulover88

Lulover88

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,692 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:44 PM

hockey is not about shot blocking .

#14 Lulover88

Lulover88

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,692 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:44 PM

its about goals , saves , hits , fights , and honor .. not shot blocking ..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.