The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Are you guys noticing a certain new rowdyness in our captain?

thad

Is this guy not impressing you with his hard nose play this year?... He's playin like hartnell this season.

Does anybody else think hank meant to do that little pitchfork? Seriously, I'm not just tryin to stir the CDC pot. He's been getting feisty lately, pushing guys around. A few games ago he got between a guy and Bieksa and pushed him. Tonight he got in a shoving match.

Watch that replay again, he totally pitch forked bobrovsky on purpose. Henrik Sedin is one of the best passers in the league and hockey sticks are light as hell, you can't tell me he didn't feel the goalie's head there before he pushed his stick back. I doubt he meant to actually pitch fork up the mask but he was giving him an intentional push. That stick had to business being where it was, puck was in the corner, hank was watching it and not turning around.. Why in one of the best players sticks in the league is pushing behind him?

I think it's awesome though.. That's our captain getting rowdy and getting into it all season. He's doing this to show the team he wants to win. When the supposed softest guy on the team that your supposed to protect and do the dirty work for, is goin out and playing tough like that its contageous.

You watch man, we still got one good run left at least. Captain hanks not takin no poop, guys got a linden run left in him, I can feel it.

What do you guys think? Is this a new side of hank playing tough and aggressive?

Discuss..

Yes indeed, I mentioned it in my thread "Positive Thoughts" last week.

"Little things like Henrik getting between one of his players and shoving his opponent back, both he and Danny finishing checks and pushing off opponents, like they meant it, around Cory's goal."

Not even joking , but Hank has been smoldering sine the second week of the season. I have a few games recorded and he has been throwing some savage croschecks and has this nasty scowl on his face ? The twins still have that step and vision as well. These two have some stones and I bet they are willing to roll a few more seasons yet.

I've noticed it too. Some new pushback after whistles, some snarl. I love it. Hope it grows and leads to a Conn Smythe. I think it goes back to the Brown hit in the playoffs, it made him grow/learn/toughen. Definetly a bright sign in a rough patch of weeks.

Yeah I'm loving the transformation.

I think a light bulb went off in his head. He can't rely on the refs to do their jobs and call penalties because they simply wont. So instead of continuing to take abuse, he's had enough.

Frankly I'm glad he came to this realization because I was really hating the way this team was tucking their tails in between their legs on scrums after the whistle.

This is also huge because he is our captain. His style will build team culture and if they see that their captain wont take crap anymore, no one else will either.

For instance, if a 3rd liner sees their captain take abuse in order to draw a penalty, the 3rd liner will probably follow suit because he would be selfish to go after someone after the whistle when he sees his captain putting up with crap for the sake of the team. But now that they see Hank is ok with mixing it up, I can see the rest of the guys do the same

Yeah I'm loving the transformation.

I think a light bulb went off in his head. He can't rely on the refs to do their jobs and call penalties because they simply wont. So instead of continuing to take abuse, he's had enough.

Frankly I'm glad he came to this realization because I was really hating the way this team was tucking their tails in between their legs on scrums after the whistle.

This is also huge because he is our captain. His style will build team culture and if they see that their captain wont take crap anymore, no one else will either.

For instance, if a 3rd liner sees their captain take abuse in order to draw a penalty, the 3rd liner will probably follow suit because he would be selfish to go after someone after the whistle when he sees his captain putting up with crap for the sake of the team. But now that they see Hank is ok with mixing it up, I can see the rest of the guys do the same

Probably has more to do with the realization that even though they are all star elite players in the lleague the refs do not make the calls. And actually make the calls agWinston them instead they have some tough guys on the team who can keep other teams from getting out of hand but they themselves seen to be taking it into there own hands.

Maybe the offseason training with kassian helped them in the ruff and tough side as much as they helped him mature and get in shape.. Plus having a tighter relationship with a guy like kass never hurts knowing he will watch your back.

Or how bout when he that full on slapshot to the jaw, hit the ice bit sprung up immediately and skated off just slightly wincing. Wtf was that??? Lol the guy is an absolute rock this year and if it weren't for major team slump this year he'd probably be in the running for MVP again if Crosby went down.

Archived