The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Are you guys noticing a certain new rowdyness in our captain?

thad

I was thinking, its not by choice

I think it is more out of frustration than anything?

In the past they would call alot more of the infractions committed against the Sedins and they would enjoy scoring on the PP to make them pay!

This year, they are letting the Sedins be mauled,mugged,late hits etc with no penalties called,and the few that are,they are not getting the satisfaction of scoring on, and to top it off they seem to call more penalties against the Sedins than are committed against them

These guys have been getting better every single season for the past decade. Even after they win back-to-back Art Rosses and put up hundred point seasons, they're STILL improving their game. Last season they seemed much better defensively and this year they've added a physical element to their game which will help in the playoffs. It's remarkable that they can do this while continuing to put up consistent numbers, just unbelievable.

Few players in the league have been consistently scoring at a point per game, and these guys are doing that on the side now - they're just adding extra elements to their game as well.

Guest Gumballthechewy

I was thinking, its not by choice

I think it is more out of frustration than anything?

In the past they would call alot more of the infractions committed against the Sedins and they would enjoy scoring on the PP to make them pay!

This year, they are letting the Sedins be mauled,mugged,late hits etc with no penalties called,and the few that are,they are not getting the satisfaction of scoring on, and to top it off they seem to call more penalties against the Sedins than are committed against them

The biggest knock on the Sedins,is and always has been toughness. Not over all physical,not many guys can push Hank and Danny around in the corner. Their puck control is strong,even while being pushed by opposing players.

What I DO like,is Henrik sticking up for himself. I really see our team as a whole,not taking crap from anyone. I think all the years of being pushed around and bullied have finally blown up in Henrik. Don't be surprised to see more of his agressive side,in fact I welcome it!

Is this guy not impressing you with his hard nose play this year?... He's playin like hartnell this season.

Does anybody else think hank meant to do that little pitchfork? Seriously, I'm not just tryin to stir the CDC pot. He's been getting feisty lately, pushing guys around. A few games ago he got between a guy and Bieksa and pushed him. Tonight he got in a shoving match.

Watch that replay again, he totally pitch forked bobrovsky on purpose. Henrik Sedin is one of the best passers in the league and hockey sticks are light as hell, you can't tell me he didn't feel the goalie's head there before he pushed his stick back. I doubt he meant to actually pitch fork up the mask but he was giving him an intentional push. That stick had to business being where it was, puck was in the corner, hank was watching it and not turning around.. Why in one of the best players sticks in the league is pushing behind him?

I think it's awesome though.. That's our captain getting rowdy and getting into it all season. He's doing this to show the team he wants to win. When the supposed softest guy on the team that your supposed to protect and do the dirty work for, is goin out and playing tough like that its contageous.

You watch man, we still got one good run left at least. Captain hanks not takin no poop, guys got a linden run left in him, I can feel it.

What do you guys think? Is this a new side of hank playing tough and aggressive?

Discuss..

Is this guy not impressing you with his hard nose play this year?... He's playin like hartnell this season.

Does anybody else think hank meant to do that little pitchfork? Seriously, I'm not just tryin to stir the CDC pot. He's been getting feisty lately, pushing guys around. A few games ago he got between a guy and Bieksa and pushed him. Tonight he got in a shoving match.

Watch that replay again, he totally pitch forked bobrovsky on purpose. Henrik Sedin is one of the best passers in the league and hockey sticks are light as hell, you can't tell me he didn't feel the goalie's head there before he pushed his stick back. I doubt he meant to actually pitch fork up the mask but he was giving him an intentional push. That stick had to business being where it was, puck was in the corner, hank was watching it and not turning around.. Why in one of the best players sticks in the league is pushing behind him?

I think it's awesome though.. That's our captain getting rowdy and getting into it all season. He's doing this to show the team he wants to win. When the supposed softest guy on the team that your supposed to protect and do the dirty work for, is goin out and playing tough like that its contageous.

You watch man, we still got one good run left at least. Captain hanks not takin no poop, guys got a linden run left in him, I can feel it.

What do you guys think? Is this a new side of hank playing tough and aggressive?

Discuss..

Honestly I'd rather henrik start shooting the puck than become truculent. His obsession with passing makes him all too obvious to shut down come playoffs. This guy consistently "passes up" great looks in the slot and it drives me bonkers. He has great hockey vision and is an incredible passer, but when your opponents no you never shoot it takes an element away from your game. Maybe he's just waiting for the opportune moment to start scoring some snipes. Playoffs would be nice.

Archived