The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Are you guys noticing a certain new rowdyness in our captain?

thad

I'm glad I was not the only one noticing that. WE need everyone to step it up in the physical department. If David Booth is our most physical player and Henrik is playing an edge? Guys like Kassian and Lappy have to take a long hard look in the mirror. Yeah I know Kassian threw a big hit last night, but it was on the Blue Jackets smallest player, which resulted in a penalty. Smart, real smart. Can somebody tell me when the last time any of our dmen stepped up and made a bonecrushing hit?

It takes alot more to control your temper, keep it inside, play with focus than it does to let it out.

Those who say these guys aren't tough are idiots, they take a huge beating and maintain their focus because they know the best way to retaliate is by putting it in the net.

That being said, sometimes you have to let teams know you'll give em a shot back if they keep doing it, and its good to see that they are letting teams know, hey we're focused but we're not 'the other name for a cat'

Honestly I'd rather henrik start shooting the puck than become truculent. His obsession with passing makes him all too obvious to shut down come playoffs. This guy consistently "passes up" great looks in the slot and it drives me bonkers. He has great hockey vision and is an incredible passer, but when your opponents no you never shoot it takes an element away from your game. Maybe he's just waiting for the opportune moment to start scoring some snipes. Playoffs would be nice.

Yeah it's about time, I noticed when the 3rd was almost over and Columbus had the puck pinned against the boards he came in with like 3 super hard cross checks and looked pissed haha.

That's why I want Kassian to be back on that line, he may not be as good as Burrows, but he will protect them and make them player grittier and harder, which should also make Kassian play harder as well.

Also opens up Burrows to make our other lines better. He could even go back to being our 2nd line center while Kes is out.

Kassian was scoring pretty much every game with the twins when they weren't even in game shape and were playing poorly... imagine them now?

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian

Higgins-Burrows-Hansen

Raymond-Lapierre-Booth

Sestito-Ebbett-Weise

While I don't think that was intentional last night, love that Hank's got a bit of a snarl about him. Although his style is to simply play a game of skill and talent, he's been forced into some pushback and I like that he stands his ground as a result. grr.

I still think both Henrik and Daniel need to do more. Too many times I've seen them turn away from checks rather than hit the opponent. Against CBJ Johnson has the puck to the side of his net. As a Sedins "bared" down on him there was no fear from Johnson, no rush to move the puck as he new there would be no hit, therefore had no incentive to rush the pass and create a possible turnover.

Archived