Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Are you guys noticing a certain new rowdyness in our captain?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
75 replies to this topic

#61 MrsCanuck

MrsCanuck

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,635 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 11:51 PM

Definitely noticed it this season! Love the "mean" Hank!!
Posted Image

#62 nowhereman

nowhereman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 11:54 PM

he is morphing into a Forsberg like type of a player, instead of naslund.

that's a good sign. daniel needs to follow his lead too. 2 forsbergs are better than 1.

If the Sedins had even a thimble's worth of the piss and vinegar that Forsberg was full of, I'd be a happy man.
Posted Image

#63 ba;;isticsports

ba;;isticsports

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 12:03 AM

I was thinking, its not by choice
I think it is more out of frustration than anything?
In the past they would call alot more of the infractions committed against the Sedins and they would enjoy scoring on the PP to make them pay!

This year, they are letting the Sedins be mauled,mugged,late hits etc with no penalties called,and the few that are,they are not getting the satisfaction of scoring on, and to top it off they seem to call more penalties against the Sedins than are committed against them

#64 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,072 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:14 AM

These guys have been getting better every single season for the past decade. Even after they win back-to-back Art Rosses and put up hundred point seasons, they're STILL improving their game. Last season they seemed much better defensively and this year they've added a physical element to their game which will help in the playoffs. It's remarkable that they can do this while continuing to put up consistent numbers, just unbelievable.

Few players in the league have been consistently scoring at a point per game, and these guys are doing that on the side now - they're just adding extra elements to their game as well.
Posted Image

#65 Kevin Biestra

Kevin Biestra

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,869 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:38 AM

he is morphing into a Forsberg like type of a player, instead of naslund.

that's a good sign. daniel needs to follow his lead too. 2 forsbergs are better than 1.

Maybe if you had eight Forsbergs you could reconstruct one good foot.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Biestra speaks. Biestra educates.

Let Canucks management know you want King Richard Brodeur in the Ring of Honour with no further delay! He's been retired for 25 years!

http://forum.canucks...e-king-richard/

#66 wendythirteenthrashers

wendythirteenthrashers

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:54 AM

I love that gif from last years playoffs of HENRIK belting dustin brown across the face.... Playing those first 8 games with KASS probably stepped up his edge too.... I like it....

#67 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,442 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 06:36 AM

Henrik didn't choose the thug life, the thug life chose him

Hahaha!! HenPac Sedkur and Danny Smalls

To live and die in Örnsköldsvik, it's the place to be, you got to be there to know it, what everybody wanna seeeeee

Hank knows they gotta make some changes, and that's just they way it is. All this swede on swede crime has to stop so as a community, orca bay can rise up and turn this ghetto, cupless franchise around.

#68 TheFastOne21

TheFastOne21

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 06:46 AM

All i want is when the team gets back on track and starts winning consistently again that Henrik continues this "mean" streak of his. It is a good change for the team and his game.

MariOta_zps5d129115.jpg

#69 Guest_Gumballthechewy_*

Guest_Gumballthechewy_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 March 2013 - 07:57 AM

I was thinking, its not by choice
I think it is more out of frustration than anything?
In the past they would call alot more of the infractions committed against the Sedins and they would enjoy scoring on the PP to make them pay!

This year, they are letting the Sedins be mauled,mugged,late hits etc with no penalties called,and the few that are,they are not getting the satisfaction of scoring on, and to top it off they seem to call more penalties against the Sedins than are committed against them

I think it is by choice, Hank has been playing with an edge right out of the gate since game one, long before the piss poor reffing could get on his nerves.

#70 curtman81

curtman81

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:39 AM

The biggest knock on the Sedins,is and always has been toughness. Not over all physical,not many guys can push Hank and Danny around in the corner. Their puck control is strong,even while being pushed by opposing players.

What I DO like,is Henrik sticking up for himself. I really see our team as a whole,not taking crap from anyone. I think all the years of being pushed around and bullied have finally blown up in Henrik. Don't be surprised to see more of his agressive side,in fact I welcome it!

#71 TrogBurr24

TrogBurr24

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:35 AM

Is this guy not impressing you with his hard nose play this year?... He's playin like hartnell this season.

Does anybody else think hank meant to do that little pitchfork? Seriously, I'm not just tryin to stir the CDC pot. He's been getting feisty lately, pushing guys around. A few games ago he got between a guy and Bieksa and pushed him. Tonight he got in a shoving match.

Watch that replay again, he totally pitch forked bobrovsky on purpose. Henrik Sedin is one of the best passers in the league and hockey sticks are light as hell, you can't tell me he didn't feel the goalie's head there before he pushed his stick back. I doubt he meant to actually pitch fork up the mask but he was giving him an intentional push. That stick had to business being where it was, puck was in the corner, hank was watching it and not turning around.. Why in one of the best players sticks in the league is pushing behind him?

I think it's awesome though.. That's our captain getting rowdy and getting into it all season. He's doing this to show the team he wants to win. When the supposed softest guy on the team that your supposed to protect and do the dirty work for, is goin out and playing tough like that its contageous.

You watch man, we still got one good run left at least. Captain hanks not takin no poop, guys got a linden run left in him, I can feel it.

What do you guys think? Is this a new side of hank playing tough and aggressive?

Discuss..

I think the biggest thing is, he doesn't look intimidated. He has become a man before our eyes. he has always had the composure and class. its something I always thought Naslund lacked, as well as Hank, the edge, chip on your shoulder, hopefully its not just cause of the struggles, and it stays apart of his game. I think its also stemming from the lack of respect he feels his teams getting from the ref's. you could see just how fed up he is with them, especially after he had his stick broken right in front of the ref.(it was soft, but so was the one they called on booth)I can honestly say i think the canucks may struggle some more through out this season, but there is no doubt in my mind Hank wont let us miss the playoffs.

#72 Gonz

Gonz

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:36 AM

Is this guy not impressing you with his hard nose play this year?... He's playin like hartnell this season.

Does anybody else think hank meant to do that little pitchfork? Seriously, I'm not just tryin to stir the CDC pot. He's been getting feisty lately, pushing guys around. A few games ago he got between a guy and Bieksa and pushed him. Tonight he got in a shoving match.

Watch that replay again, he totally pitch forked bobrovsky on purpose. Henrik Sedin is one of the best passers in the league and hockey sticks are light as hell, you can't tell me he didn't feel the goalie's head there before he pushed his stick back. I doubt he meant to actually pitch fork up the mask but he was giving him an intentional push. That stick had to business being where it was, puck was in the corner, hank was watching it and not turning around.. Why in one of the best players sticks in the league is pushing behind him?

I think it's awesome though.. That's our captain getting rowdy and getting into it all season. He's doing this to show the team he wants to win. When the supposed softest guy on the team that your supposed to protect and do the dirty work for, is goin out and playing tough like that its contageous.

You watch man, we still got one good run left at least. Captain hanks not takin no poop, guys got a linden run left in him, I can feel it.

What do you guys think? Is this a new side of hank playing tough and aggressive?

Discuss..

Henrik is not known as the softest guy in the league. Players probably think Daniel is bc not many players would allow themselves to be a punching bag by a little guy.

#73 Gonz

Gonz

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:37 AM

A LITTLE better than usual. I think this guy would at least punch Marchand back once now.

Um wrong twin buddy

#74 Gonz

Gonz

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:41 AM

Honestly I'd rather henrik start shooting the puck than become truculent. His obsession with passing makes him all too obvious to shut down come playoffs. This guy consistently "passes up" great looks in the slot and it drives me bonkers. He has great hockey vision and is an incredible passer, but when your opponents no you never shoot it takes an element away from your game. Maybe he's just waiting for the opportune moment to start scoring some snipes. Playoffs would be nice.

I only have issues when he has he puck in the slot and ends up passing it out and nothing comes of the play. Better to direct the puck at the net n create scoring chances, tips and rebounds than pass back out n no scoring chances result.

#75 ROSSCO15

ROSSCO15

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:41 AM

I like it and it's about time. All the abuse they get by opposing teams, i think he is very frustrated by the way his team is playing right now.
Posted Image

#76 Raffi Torres's Smirk

Raffi Torres's Smirk

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:33 PM

Why don't you join Torres in Phoenix? Calling Henrik a sister is such a lowbrow, amoebic thing to say. Why do trolls like you even bother coming on these boards?

Oh man, it would be so cool to move with pseudopods instead of legs. Thank you for the compliment!

A troll is not someone who makes a "lowbrow" remark, but rather someone who says something obviously incorrect/controversial in hopes to get reactions out of readers. I think most readers could tell I was writing flippantly while comparing the two extremes of Hank's play, and not trolling. If anything, I'm surprised you weren't more aggravated by my comparison of Hank to Mr. Hyde, but maybe you don't read much.

I loved Torres and wish Phoenix moved to Seattle so I could actually see him play more, but now with this new reallignment they don't have to move!

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.