The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is Jordan Shroeder's Time in Vancouver Done?

Pasific Coluseum

It is pertinent imo to use him as trade bait for a skilled depth D or C for playoff run I advocate Gillis to pull the trigger! How many times has Shroeder been sent up and down up and down? Come playoffs I do not think Jordan will be a factor especially because of the increased physicality. He is small and doesn't look like an everyday NHLer. Playing on the 4th line isn't helping his cause to becoming a point producer. He's been given PP time and lots of games to showcase his talents. Drafted in 2010 he still has struggled mightily to maintain a NHL roster spot.

I think Jordan Shroeder's tenure as a Canuck is all but done. If he goes to a team like the Isles he may find an offensive spark.

Shroeder & Ballard for Visnovsky, Reasoner & 3rd 2013 might be worth looking considering

It is pertinent imo to use him as trade bait for a skilled depth D or C for playoff run I advocate Gillis to pull the trigger! How many times has Shroeder been sent up and down up and down? Come playoffs I do not think Jordan will be a factor especially because of the increased physicality. He is small and doesn't look like an everyday NHLer. Playing on the 4th line isn't helping his cause to becoming a point producer. He's been given PP time and lots of games to showcase his talents. Drafted in 2010 he still has struggled mightily to maintain a NHL roster spot.

I think Jordan Shroeder's tenure as a Canuck is all but done. If he goes to a team like the Isles he may find an offensive spark.

Shroeder & Ballard for Visnovsky, Reasoner & 3rd 2013 might be worth looking considering

He certainly has got the potential to become a decent 2nd liner if he ever does get a proper showing with a team. However, there is a reason that teams passed on him during the draft and he hasn't proven them wrong yet.

I really liked what I was seeing when he showed glimpses of a very good two way game and I think there is room for development still. I say we hold on to this one.

Sure you can use him as trade bait and get an asset back but what could he fetch?

More wait and see.

If he can prove his worth he'll be around.

To do that, he'll need to score...ALOT more.

I also think he'll need to convert to wing to have a role in the NHL.

People had doubts about Kadri, but at least he was lighting up the AHL fairly consistently.

I don't think he will be here in the long-term (at I doubt MG is banking on it)

Schroeder has got potential and is going to be better than what we've seen. Is he being given the opportunity to be better, well that's up for debate.

I say if someone come knocking that we trade Jim for a better return. We have Gaunce coming through the system with more upside, I don't see Gaunce being under Schroeder on the depth chart as of next season.

Schroeder is tradeable but only for the right return, probably our best prospect option for shipping out.

Schroeder has got potential and is going to be better than what we've seen. Is he being given the opportunity to be better, well that's up for debate.

I say if someone come knocking that we trade Jim for a better return. We have Gaunce coming through the system with more upside, I don't see Gaunce being under Schroeder on the depth chart as of next season.

Schroeder is tradeable but only for the right return, probably our best prospect option for shipping out.

The only thing imo between Schroeder and a long NHL career is "attitude" You can't be his size and not bring "nasty" with you for the journey...........if he wants to see how it goes look at Marchand. (although he is an extreme example)

Over here we have the complex of the "wee man" Guys who because they are small develop a hard ruthless chip on the shoulder approach which makes them ultra competitive. Schroeder is not actually small but he is in NHL terms and so he needs to develop a hard, gritty edge................................ It takes guts but it tends to work.......he will get more space.

Schroeder came up and just assumed if he worked hard things would fall into place. But the people he is playing against are big, skilful men, men who will shove you about if they can and Schroeder's output gradually spiralled down as the realisation of what his size meant amongst the top players sunk in.

He was being hurried, pushed and balked by physically superior opponents. He needs taken aside and have it explained to him.............play "bigger" or settle for the AHL.

Sadly, yes I think he is done with us.

The small size of Shroeder limited him to one single role: Sniper. If he cannot be a sniper, he is not useful to us. He can never play that grinder role that AV loves. That means he cannot play in our top 6 nor our bottom 6.

Remember that this guy is smaller than Patrick Kane. And everyone is saying that Patrick Kane is tiny.

And the goals he scored aren't all that impressive, to be honest. These aren't goals that "only" he could have scored.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeG3VXngWxU

Now of course Shroeder aren't Patrick Kane. I don't expect him to be. But fact is unless he is somewhat that good, the Canucks doesn't have room for him due to how stacked we are. His size limited his role to sniper only, that's the problem. Come playoff time there will be even less room for guys like him to move, unless he is Patrick Kane good.

He is like Steve Kariya, 2013 edition. Hack Steve Kariya got more points in less games, and still didn't make it.

Shroeder will be better off on a weaker team that can put him on top 6. I think he can become a 0.6 PPG type of guy playing a top 6 role. I don't see him succeeding with the Canucks.

jordan schroeder's value was at its peak the day he was drafted, when he fell from a top 10 pick to wherever the canucks got him in the 20s. if teams didn't want him then, they definitely don't want him now after 4 years of proving them right.

at most he would get a 4th rounder in return.

Archived