The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is Jordan Shroeder's Time in Vancouver Done?

Pasific Coluseum

jordan schroeder's value was at its peak the day he was drafted, when he fell from a top 10 pick to wherever the canucks got him in the 20s. if teams didn't want him then, they definitely don't want him now after 4 years of proving them right.

at most he would get a 4th rounder in return.

Only CDC would write off a 22 year old player after about 20 NHL games under his belt. Remember when everyone said we should trade Cody after his first stint in the NHL saying he's a bust and then he gets traded and the same people cry about how we gave him up and now want JS traded after 20 games. It's like some sort of moronic vicious cycle.

People here say AV doesn't give prospects a chance but if CDC was the coach or GM every rookie we ever had would have been traded within the first 25 NHl games of their career.

I wonder what the Canucks reasoning for not selecting Brendan Gallagher was since he was a star player on the Vancouver Giants. I know we're talking different draft years here but he went all the way in the 5th round and he's playing an important role for Montreal in his rookie year.

He's similar in size (5'9 163lbs) compared to Schroeder (5'8 175lbs) but Gallagher has a much higher battle level and will get into the dirty areas. I wonder if a player can change up their style of play this drastically at this stage of their career.

He was pretty good when he first got called up, him and Raymond had great chemistry. Raymond's play has dipped as well since Schroeder was moved off of his line.

It makes no sense as to why they were split up (same with Ballard and Tanev). Those two combos (along with the twins) were working. AT THE VERY LEAST AV could have put Schroeder between Kassian and Booth, making them a scoring line. With Lapierre they hit but can't score.

Schroeder with Weise and Sestito makes no sense. Strange decisions made. I mean an NHL coach should know better than me, but obviously is experiments failed as I would have expected.

Drafting small players rarely pans out. Irregardless of his ability, Schroeder is too small to be effective if he isn't scoring. That is the biggest issue with small players, not many of them turn out to be ronning, kariya or st.louis, more often they turn out to be a Brandon Reid or josh Holden. Sad but true.

Drafting small players rarely pans out. Irregardless of his ability, Schroeder is too small to be effective if he isn't scoring. That is the biggest issue with small players, not many of them turn out to be ronning, kariya or st.louis, more often they turn out to be a Brandon Reid or josh Holden. Sad but true.

He was pretty good when he first got called up, him and Raymond had great chemistry. Raymond's play has dipped as well since Schroeder was moved off of his line.

It makes no sense as to why they were split up (same with Ballard and Tanev). Those two combos (along with the twins) were working. AT THE VERY LEAST AV could have put Schroeder between Kassian and Booth, making them a scoring line. With Lapierre they hit but can't score.

Schroeder with Weise and Sestito makes no sense. Strange decisions made. I mean an NHL coach should know better than me, but obviously is experiments failed as I would have expected.

Just another reason why AV has made me lose 100% interest in this team this year. I like exciting hockey. I like the team to win (which it did at the beginning of the year). I like to watch young players who I have been excited about in development get on the team and show what they can do. I like to watch even when the team loses, but they are still playing exciting hockey.

The decisions this coach has made are baffling.

It's the exact same thing we did last year. We were in 1st place, playing exciting hockey with Cody being very productive and contributing. Then AV decides to change direction with the team and focus 100% on defensive hockey (yawn).

This year? We have a great start and win a pile of games. Then switch the team around and when the opportunity arises to GO BACK to that winning roster, he decides to go even more amateurish and defensive.

YAWN.

nah , he just needs to have a strong training camp

and who knows , with injuries he might get brought up again

i still think he needs to work on some things but thats how it works for most players , they get a taste , realize what they need to work on and deal with it in the off season and try again next year , jordans a smaller player , it'll take some time but he'll be back up eventually , unless van somehow lands a younger center like shawn matthias

Archived