The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is Jordan Shroeder's Time in Vancouver Done?

Pasific Coluseum

too lazy to read all of the comments. As a smaller guy hes going to take longer to make it long term in the NHL. Doesnt mean it cant be done. But he has to have a work ethic like Martin St.Louis to stay in the show. Smaller players are making it big in the NHL, they just have to work harder. Now that hes got a taste of what it takes and probably got lots of advice from his peers, (sedins, and other veterans and coaches) he knows what it takes to stay up there longer , maybe next year...or he could be used as trade bait. I think he would excel on a team like the Islanders (like Grabner is) or Washington...I am not saying he wouldnt excel here...its just going to take him longer. Hes still young, lots of time to get stronger, build is strength and keep working hard...I dont think hes going to be the Brandon Reid or Shirikov (who had a terrible attitude)

Marc Savard? (Who JS plays like)

Danny Briere?

Tyler Ennis?

Andy MacDonald?

Brad Marchand?

Brian Gionta?

P-M Bouchard?

Scott Gomez?

Tyler Kennedy?

Ryan Callahan?

Sorry I'm not buying your smaller guy disappearing theory. Which is exactly what it is, your thoery.

Jordan Schroeder is a player who since grade 8 has played against players bigger and older than him and has succeed, he played in the WJ a complete year before his draft year back in 08. And put up good numbers, and is the US all time leading scorer, and I'm pretty sure those tournments are pretty intense. He also has a respectable 14 points in 22 games in AHL playoff action.

I'm just not buying it sorry.

I think we will see him again AV said it himself. He sees Schred as a gifted offensive talent that wasn't performing as well as he believed he could. Normally AV would just say I'm going with the guys who give us the best chance to win like he does when he sweeps Ballard under the rug.

I don't think Schredder was mishandled he was given a tryout in difficult game situations. If they wanted to trade him he would have gotten showcased like CoHo and given every opportunity to succeed. Instead he was given tough mins with little chance to score to see if he could handle the big boys in the nhl.

He is still a developing prospect..it's very unclear at this point what his ceiling is..While he was up here,size was not an issue..but he did have a drop off..nothing new here for a rookie....Its bizarre how our fan base are so quick to throw a rookie under the bus,then bitch about the management when he lights it up down the road for another team.

Archived