The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is Jordan Shroeder's Time in Vancouver Done?

Pasific Coluseum

people need to realize players take time to develop

the fact jordan even played here for as long as he did AV obviously saw things he liked from his game

he's just got to get better at those things in the AHL and try harder next call up or training camp

It is pertinent imo to use him as trade bait for a skilled depth D or C for playoff run I advocate Gillis to pull the trigger! How many times has Shroeder been sent up and down up and down? Come playoffs I do not think Jordan will be a factor especially because of the increased physicality. He is small and doesn't look like an everyday NHLer. Playing on the 4th line isn't helping his cause to becoming a point producer. He's been given PP time and lots of games to showcase his talents. Drafted in 2010 he still has struggled mightily to maintain a NHL roster spot.

I think Jordan Shroeder's tenure as a Canuck is all but done. If he goes to a team like the Isles he may find an offensive spark.

Shroeder & Ballard for Visnovsky, Reasoner & 3rd 2013 might be worth looking considering

No written off, just expendable. It would be different if he was being used in a position to excel but he's not. He's being buried on the fourth and now sent down(which I'm happy about)

We also don't have a centre position available for him it seems... Don't ask my why we don't with Kesler out...

Schroeder's play seemed to taper off,so I'm guessing that he was sent back to the AHL to reset himself...I don't buy in to the 'he's too small' theory,that was'nt the issue...I'm guessing it was a case of consistency(after a good start,he started to become invisible),faceoffs,and intensity.When you're a small player,you have to bring something else to the table.

AV has had nothing but good things to say about JS,so all the talk of AV blocking the rookies progress is just garbage perpetuated here on cdc...JS was rated the 5th best North American prospect in the 2009 draft,he was picked 22nd by the Canucks(kassian was picked 13th the same year).

His strength is not offence, at least not at a professional level. His lack of production in the AHL is just further evidence of that simple fact - and without offence, with his lack of size, he is very unlikely to have an NHL career. Burrows, Kesler, Raymond, Hansen, Bieksa, etc. were all very productive at the AHL level before coming up.

Shroeder is not doing much offensively and clearly needs more time to develop, hence why he was sent down for more top minutes... I expect him to make a comeback once Ebett gets cold again...

Something like this might actually help Kassian as well ,although I don't know if he can be sent down without clearing waivers.

Just another reason why AV has made me lose 100% interest in this team this year. I like exciting hockey. I like the team to win (which it did at the beginning of the year). I like to watch young players who I have been excited about in development get on the team and show what they can do. I like to watch even when the team loses, but they are still playing exciting hockey.

The decisions this coach has made are baffling.

It's the exact same thing we did last year. We were in 1st place, playing exciting hockey with Cody being very productive and contributing. Then AV decides to change direction with the team and focus 100% on defensive hockey (yawn).

This year? We have a great start and win a pile of games. Then switch the team around and when the opportunity arises to GO BACK to that winning roster, he decides to go even more amateurish and defensive.

YAWN.

It is pertinent imo to use him as trade bait for a skilled depth D or C for playoff run I advocate Gillis to pull the trigger! How many times has Shroeder been sent up and down up and down? Come playoffs I do not think Jordan will be a factor especially because of the increased physicality. He is small and doesn't look like an everyday NHLer. Playing on the 4th line isn't helping his cause to becoming a point producer. He's been given PP time and lots of games to showcase his talents. Drafted in 2010 he still has struggled mightily to maintain a NHL roster spot.

I think Jordan Shroeder's tenure as a Canuck is all but done. If he goes to a team like the Isles he may find an offensive spark.

Shroeder & Ballard for Visnovsky, Reasoner & 3rd 2013 might be worth looking considering

I wonder what the Canucks reasoning for not selecting Brendan Gallagher was since he was a star player on the Vancouver Giants. I know we're talking different draft years here but he went all the way in the 5th round and he's playing an important role for Montreal in his rookie year.

He's similar in size (5'9 163lbs) compared to Schroeder (5'8 175lbs) but Gallagher has a much higher battle level and will get into the dirty areas. I wonder if a player can change up their style of play this drastically at this stage of their career.

No,I thought it was very exciting that Cody Hodgson was one of our top prospects.

Too bad Gillis can't get along with others of his own profession.

What I find depressing is the fan boys elevate a raw rookie up into the pedestal of hockey onloy to come crashing down to the reality of life.

Then the CDC fan boy pumpers start blaming others once their brief and passionate love affair has ended.

No,I thought it was very exciting that Cody Hodgson was one of our top prospects.

Too bad Gillis can't get along with others.

What I find depressing is the fan boys elevate a raw rookie up into the pedestal of hockey onloy to come crashing down to the reality of life.

Then the CDC fan boy pumpers start blaming others once their brief and passionate love affair has ended.

Archived