The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Poll - Selling the Farm

Bur14Kes17

Is selling the farm worth Perry?  

174 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

One simple question:

Would getting Corey Perry be worth selling the farm for???

The farm would not be the only thing that we would have to give in return as we would have to create some real cap space in order to be able to fit him in under the cap.

In regards to farm though, im speaking of players such as Jordan Schroeder, Niklas Jensen, Eddie Lack, and Frank Corrado. Giving up all of those guys would be insanity and simply not worth it. But a trade for Corey Perry would have to include one of Jensen or Carrado, and one of Schroeder or Lack plus a roster player (not named burrows or kesler) and perhaps a 2nd round pick.

What would we be getting in return though?

A heart trophy winner and one of the best goal scoring and nastiest power forwards in the league!!

(I tried to post his stats but the format got all screwed up)

This is a point per game play who alongside Kesler would create a 1st Line B and could also be a legit winger for the sedins when things get rough. Imagine how pissed teams would be when they play against a Perry Kesler combo?

With the two buy outs available in the new CBA, in the summer we buy out Ballard and Booth and we have enough cap space to resign both Burrows and Perry.

You hate him when hes on the other team, but i can guarentee you'd love him in a canuck jersey.

One simple question:

The farm would not be the only thing that we would have to give in return as we would have to create some real cap space in order to be able to fit him in under the cap.

In regards to farm though, im speaking of players such as Jordan Schroeder, Niklas Jensen, Eddie Lack, and Frank Corrado. Giving up all of those guys would be insanity and simply not worth it. But a trade for Corey Perry would have to include one of Jensen or Carrado, and one of Schroeder or Lack plus a roster player (not named burrows or kesler) and perhaps a 2nd round pick.

A heart trophy winner and one of the best goal scoring and nastiest power forwards in the league!!

2005-2006 DUCKS 56 13 12 25 1 50 4 0 2 98 13.3 2005-2006 PORTLAND PIRATES-AHL 19 16 18 34 7 32 4 1 1 2006-2007 DUCKS 82 17 27 44 12 55 4 0 3 194 8.8 2007-2008 DUCKS 70 29 25 54 12 108 11 0 4 200 14.5 2008-2009 DUCKS 78 32 40 72 10 109 10 0 8 283 11.3 2009-2010 DUCKS 82 27 49 76 0 111 6 1 2 270 10.0 2009-2010 CANADA-OLYMPICS 7 4 1 5 2 2009-2010 CANADA-WC-A 7 2 4 6 8 2010-2011 DUCKS 82 50 48 98 9 104 14 4 11 290 17.2 2011-2012 DUCKS 80 37 23 60 -7 127 14 1 6 277 13.4 2011-2012 CANADA-WC-A 8 3 4 7 7 8 1 0 1 2012-2013 DUCKS 25 9 15 24 14 41 5 0 5 61 14.8 NHL TOTALS 555 214 239 453 51 705 68 6 41 1,673 12.8

This is a point per game play who alongside Kesler would create a 1st Line B.

With the two buy outs available in the new CBA, in the summer we buy out Ballard and Booth and we have enough cap space to resign both Burrows and Perry.

You hate him when hes on the other team, but i can guarentee you'd love him in a canuck jersey.

The contract that a team would need to offer him to prevent him from testing the FA would have to be greater than Getzlaf's.

Paying a player 10M per year wouldn't make any sense, especially with the Canucks cap situation.

Having Perry as a rental would be far too expensive for then amount of time he would be here. Wouldn't sell the farm for a player that will be here for 3 weeks + playoffs

One simple question:

(I tried to post his stats but the format got all screwed up)

This is a point per game play who alongside Kesler would create a 1st Line B and could also be a legit winger for the sedins when things get rough. Imagine how pissed teams would be when they play against a Perry Kesler combo?

I said yes, but that is contingent on him signing with us for quite a few years.

Players like Perry are almost impossible to acquire. I would trade quite a bit to get him. The guy is unreal. Don't forget all he has accomplished at such a young age. Gold medals, SC, I could go on but with those two right off the hop you really don't even need to mention any more.

Yes.

The contract that a team would need to offer him to prevent him from testing the FA would have to be greater than Getzlaf's.

Paying a player 10M per year wouldn't make any sense, especially with the Canucks cap situation.

Having Perry as a rental would be far too expensive for then amount of time he would be here. Wouldn't sell the farm for a player that will be here for 3 weeks + playoffs

Archived