The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Poll - Selling the Farm

Bur14Kes17

Is selling the farm worth Perry?  

174 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Exactly this. Makes no sense for the Canucks to go after Perry.

They would have to gut the farm for a 100% rental. Perry is not signing here. Signing him is wishful thinking.

And if we did sign him, his insane contract would gut out roster depth. Not worth it.

Trade? No thanks. He'd cost too much (as mentioned).

However, if he hits the market on July 1st I hope management at least tries to move guys with big contracts like Booth, Ballard, etc. for I don't care what in return and with the free cap space go after Perry aggressively (not Perry-Zucker aggressive, mind you, unless Zucker stood for the other teams trying to get him signed :P).

line 1 for next season: Twins - Perry. I'll stop there. Convinced?

I wouldn't blame management like some did for Justin Schultz signing somewhere else, but at least try to get it done MG! He's been quite skillful in signing Canadian UFA's during free agency (Manny, Hamhuis, Garrison, Tambellini was as well I believe) and I hope he can reel in this big fish!

I'd trade Booth, Ballard and a 1st round draft pick for Perry. Seems fair and clears up quite a bit of cap space, not to mention after a goalie is moved it could work.. Malhotra's contract will be off the books too. Doubt he would come here though, he will sign with the Ducks again. I would also make this same exact trade for Ryan though. lol Would be nice, but highly unlikely.. *sigh*

I'd trade Booth, Ballard and a 1st round draft pick for Perry. Seems fair and clears up quite a bit of cap space, not to mention after a goalie is moved it could work.. Malhotra's contract will be off the books too. Doubt he would come here though, he will sign with the Ducks again. I would also make this same exact trade for Ryan though. lol Would be nice, but highly unlikely.. *sigh*

Archived