Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

Poll - Selling the Farm

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
65 replies to this topic

Poll: Is selling the farm worth Perry? (174 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you sell the farm for Perry?

1. Yes (39 votes [22.41%])

Percentage of vote: 22.41%

2. No (135 votes [77.59%])

Percentage of vote: 77.59%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 gocanuckzgo

gocanuckzgo

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:54 PM

[quote name='trotch' timestamp='1363291230' post='11216693']
Not a chance. Some of us think Kesler has a bad ethic at the best of times... Perry is a bum and a poor sport. Not a good mix for the Canucks.
[/quote]

Sounds like he'd fit right in, actually.

#62 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,149 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:05 PM

This years version of the Canucks are looking like either a first round playoff exit team or possibly not even making the playoffs

Not looking like the Ehrhoff/Salo days of supreme PP domination ,does it?
I believe there was a poster that was crucified for explaining this exact scenario.

#63 Kesler's Nose

Kesler's Nose

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 07:01 PM

You didn't put a funny face on this to indicate irony, so I will infer that you simply have no sense - Ballard, a failed 4.2 million dollar D, and a 4.2 million dollar power forward for Corey Perry? Oh yeah, I forgot the first pick. If Perry could stay out of the penalty box in a Canucks uniform, we could give the Sedins a legitmate PF - but, we'd still only have one top three centre able to play and Lapierre, who with wishful thinking, can play 4th line centre. Why on earth would Anaheim give up Perry for two cap dumps and a unknown level draft pick - probably middle of the pack. Somehow, I don't think that will work as someone in Anaheim is likely to think "it is not fair".

Both players are good, they just need a new environment to thrive in. We're not talking about Mike Komisarek here, it's far from a "cap dump". The only reason why they are even considered in trade talks is because they haven't been able to develop or adapt to our system, in my humble opinion both Booth and Ballard would play (and look great) in an Anaheim uniform. Especially with their style and play of hockey in comparison to ours.

Slide Booth onto the wing of Getzlaf and with Perry and suddenly he is the player he once was. The same goes for placing Ballard with Souray or Beauchemin, it gives them a nice and complete defence. To underestimate these players is to admit you're just another ignorant Canucks fan. Both have the potential to be top end players, otherwise MG wouldn't have acquired them in the first place.

Perry is highly likely to re sign anyways- but a Ryan trade would be just as great! (As was stated at the closing of my post, and the main point I was trying to make) You really should read into things more before you reply to a post, really it's not that hard to understand.. So in layman's terms, the Corey Perry trade was meant to be emphasized as "wishful thinking" and the Bobby Ryan trade as the preferred trade scenario. Get it?

While I admit this trade for Perry is a little one sided, this exact same trade for Ryan is definitely of fair value. We have very few options via trade, so why undervalue the pieces we do have... MG waits on the Lu trade and gets the price he knows he deserves, that is the proper way to do things. Also, who says it has to be right at the deadline? It could just as easily be in the off season. Hell, I'd even throw in a second 1st round draft pick.. It would definitely be worth it in my mind, and quite frankly to anybody who thinks rationally as well!

As for your other point where you made it sound as if a "middle of the pack" 1st round draft pick is next to worthless? I seem to recall two players by the names of Ryan Getzlaf and Corey Perry that were taken late in the draft and turned out to be pretty good players. lol Just take a second to imagine Ryan playing with Kes and Raymond/Kassian on the 2nd line, it's just too awesome! Both teams benefit in a trade like this. It's hard to say that they wouldn't, don't you think?

:mellow: :mellow: :mellow:

EDIT: PS. I apologize for being condescending and hurling out insults, but the manner in which you replied to my post really pissed me off! :lol: Next time maybe try to lighten up a little bit and be more open to peoples suggestions, just a thought.

Edited by Kesler's Nose, 14 March 2013 - 08:45 PM.

"It's an opportunity, we don't look at it as a last chance... We look at it as an opportunity to do something great. We are going to take it period by period, shift by shift. You just have to be better than the guy across from you... Every guy in this locker room I can say believes we can do this." - Ryan Kesler

Posted Image

#64 Hunter.S-Kerouac

Hunter.S-Kerouac

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,113 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:19 PM

Perry is not one of those players that you hate to play against and love on your team. He's just a d bag no matter where he plays. I wouldn't trade the hockey tape off of Dale Weise's stick for him.

#65 fagin

fagin

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,541 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:20 PM

We don't have a farm to sell, more like a medium-sized back yard at best. No pool.

.....Kesler Plus would do ....Just do it if they'd take him......Doubt it.

#66 zejono

zejono

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 601 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:49 PM

i would like him , we need a real sniper. but he probably wants like 8 million and MG doesn't pay that kind of money. MG rather have 8+ million tied up in players who get no points.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.