Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NuxFan09

(GDT) Chicago Wolves @ Grand Rapids Griffins - 3/13/13, 4:00PM PST

60 posts in this topic

Andersson springs Longpre on a 2 on 1 with Pinizzotto but Mrazek made the save. Andersson also picked up an assist on Schroeder's goal.

Griffins PP coming up. I believe it's Schroeder in the box for the Wolves.

Climie making some great saves on this kill. The Griffins have one of the best collections of young talent in the AHL so it comes as no surprise that they're getting a lot of opportunities so far.

Pinizzotto takes a hooking penalty and the Griffins will go right back to the PP.

4 seconds left in the 1st and the Wolves take a cross-checking penalty to give the Griffins a 5 on 3 opportunity.

End of 1st. 1-0 Wolves.

Shots: 12-11 Wolves.

1st period scoring:

CHI Schroeder 10 (Joslin, Andersson) 11:24

Great kill on the 3 on 5 for the Wolves. The unit was Joslin-Andersson and Gordon.

I can see Schroeder upping his offensive game big time now that he's got some NHL games under his belt. I wish Jensen was atleast on the 2nd line though...

I can see Schroeder upping his offensive game big time now that he's got some NHL games under his belt. I wish Jensen was atleast on the 2nd line though...

End of 2nd. 2-1 Griffins.

Shots: 11-8 Wolves, Total: 23-19 Wolves

2nd period scoring:

GR Tatar 20 (Pare) 19:31

GR Ferraro 17 (Jurco, Paetsch) 19:49

Andersson gets called for holding. Griffins to the PP.

It really sounds like the skill of the Griffins is completely overwhelming the Wolves. Are the Griffins owned by the Red Wings? If so, the Canucks should really take a page out of their book and just buy an AHL franchise already. Too many grinders on the Wolves and not enough young talent honing their skills. Schroeder and Jensen have next to nothing to work with.

Haydar is getting a minor penalty and a 10 minute misconduct. The commentators don't seem to have a clue what's going on.

It's actually 2 minutes, a 10 minute misconduct AND a game misconduct. Laughably, there's still no sort of explanation by the commentators for it.

Either way, Griffins PP.

Damn, misssed the Jensen goal. Was on the phone. Nice to see him score, despite the Wolves losing.

Couldn't find a stream for this game.

Anyone give me a brief rundown on How Jensen and Price looked?